Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Latest news on Manning not good:

Default Latest news on Manning not good:

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Quote Originally Posted by okikcfan View Post
    As I said before, it is not the injury itself or the repair that is the problem. It's the damage already done to the nerve's.
    Are you kidding? Of course its the injury itself.

I'll be very surprised if he doesn't retire before regular season starts.
    The Chiefs are Back!

It would be great to have a guy like Manning....but let's face it, he's done. Easily in the top 5 of all time at his position(if he gets to play more, that will rise)he has had a remarkable career. Love him, hate him, he is/was one of the great, true "field generals".

I've got a ton of respect for Peyton Manning. (Unlike Horse face Elway) He took the challenge of turning around a franchise.(Elway cried and threatened to go to baseball if the Colts picked him). Manning threatened to kick their a$$(for the next 15 years) if they did not pick him.
    Whatever happens I hope it's for the best.

I hope he doesn't get hurt again.

This means I hope he just retires. I'd hate to see something bad happen to him.

Quote Originally Posted by azchiefsfan View Post
    Joe Montana never had 2 ruptured discs and rods installed to stabilize his spine. If he comes back he is more stupid than he looks.

he did however have surgery to repair a herniated disc in his back and was not expected to ever play again
    Official Chiefs Crowd Historian

Quote Originally Posted by chiefnut View Post
    he did however have surgery to repair a herniated disc in his back and was not expected to ever play again
    BTW ... herniated disc and ruptured disc mean exactly the same thing. Herniated is the medical term, ruptured is what it is commonly referred to by non-medically trained persons. Much like in medicine there are no "broken" bones. Everything is called fractures, whether the bone is shattered (compound fracture) or there is a hairline crack (stress fracture), Fracture is the correct medical terminology.

so weathers been great last couple days :>

I think Peyton would be an ideal fit with JC.

The type of offense Manning runs leaves the running game as the compliment, and change-of-pace.

And, to have a guy as quick as JC in a "surprise" kind of role would be exceptionally effective, I think.

You get defenses on their heels, delaying their reaction to running plays, and Charles will be behind the defense before they even figure out that Peyton doesn't have the football.

I think Charles would do better in that role than even an Adrian Peterson could.

It is a pipe-dream. But this offense could become a complete nightmare to defend, if Manning were at the helm.

There is just no way that defenses could be prepared for a running play if he were on the field.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post

The type of offense Manning runs leaves the running game as the compliment, and change-of-pace.

And, to have a guy as quick as JC in a "surprise" kind of role would be exceptionally effective, I think.

You get defenses on their heels, delaying their reaction to running plays, and Charles will be behind the defense before they even figure out that Peyton doesn't have the football.

I think Charles would do better in that role than even an Adrian Peterson could.

It is a pipe-dream. But this offense could become a complete nightmare to defend, if Manning were at the helm.

There is just no way that defenses could be prepared for a running play if he were on the field.
    I agree!

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post

Never really thought of it this way, but JC=Marshall Faulk, but maybe better. That is if he comes back fully. However, I am waiting to make judgement on whether we should go after Peyton until I hear that his strength in his triceps has fully recovered.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast