Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Chiefs are 63m under the cap

Default Chiefs are 63m under the cap

nick wright@getnickwright

Always KC. RT @MattPomPom Teams with most salary cap room(in millions): KC $63, TB $60, CIN $60, DEN $51, WAS $48, JAC $45.

Sign both Carr and bowe. Pick up nicks and maybe some defense depth and with our draft I see us being among the toughest to handle next year.

Quote Originally Posted by KCCF View Post
    Sign both Carr and bowe. Pick up nicks and maybe some defense depth and with our draft I see us being among the toughest to handle next year.
    These signings would be awesome!! We have the money, so why not?!

And we NEED bowe and carr anyway, and bowe has said he wants to stay.

Quote Originally Posted by whackojacko58 View Post
    every year we say hey they gonna spend money then you know what? they don't, only time they did that i can remember was bringing in ty law and trading for surtain.
    Matt Cassel 6yrs/$63,000,000 ($12,250,000 in 2011)
    Kyle Orton $7,379,000 in 2011 (played in 4 games)
    Eric Berry 5yrs/$60,000,000
    Tamba Hali 5yrs/$60,000,000
    Tyson Jackson 5yrs/$57,000,000
    Brandon Flowers 5yrs/$50,600,000
    Derrick Johnson 6yr/$36,475,000
    Glenn Dorsey 5yrs/$33,000,000 ($5,586,000 in 2012)
    Jamaal Charles 5yrs/$32,500,000 ($12,350,000 with bonuses in 2011)

Now they need to resign Dwayne Bowe and Brandon Carr, both of whom are seen as top 10 free agents.

Yeah, you are right. The Chiefs are cheapskates.
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Quote Originally Posted by whackojacko58 View Post
    every year we say hey they gonna spend money then you know what? they don't, only time they did that i can remember was bringing in ty law and trading for surtain. But that money could bring in a good dt, and some un named qb lol. then draft lineman(all this upon us resigning bowe and franchiseing carr)
    I think that this year it's much more likely to see them actually go out and spend and be much more active in the free agent market. Lets face it much of the past few seasons we were in no condition to really compete for a superbowl no matter what one guy we brought in. We have a solid defense that is able to win games. A ok offense that can move the ball. We just need to find the help to help us in the Red zone where we were really awful. If we were even 25% better in the redzone we probably would have been in the playoffs for the 2nd year in a row. This team is much closer now I see them bringing in the guys they think that could be the answer to those problems
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    I think that this year it's much more likely to see them actually go out and spend and be much more active in the free agent market. Lets face it much of the past few seasons we were in no condition to really compete for a superbowl no matter what one guy we brought in. We have a solid defense that is able to win games. A ok offense that can move the ball. We just need to find the help to help us in the Red zone where we were really awful. If we were even 25% better in the redzone we probably would have been in the playoffs for the 2nd year in a row. This team is much closer now I see them bringing in the guys they think that could be the answer to those problems
    I agree. in the end, this has has dramatically improved recently.

IMO we now have things to look forward to.

Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    Matt Cassel 6yrs/$63,000,000 ($12,250,000 in 2011)
    Kyle Orton $7,379,000 in 2011 (played in 4 games)
    Eric Berry 5yrs/$60,000,000
    Tamba Hali 5yrs/$60,000,000
    Tyson Jackson 5yrs/$57,000,000
    Brandon Flowers 5yrs/$50,600,000
    Derrick Johnson 6yr/$36,475,000
    Glenn Dorsey i5yrs/$33,000,000 ($5,586,000 in 2012)
    Jamaal Charles 5yrs/$32,500,000 ($12,350,000 with bonuses in 2011)

Now they need to resign Dwayne Bowe and Brandon Carr, both of whom are seen as top 10 free agents.

Yeah, you are right. The Chiefs are cheapskates.
    Didnt succop get a hefty extension this year too.

Quote Originally Posted by nigeriannightmare View Post
    Didnt succop get a hefty extension this year too.
    ESPN’s Adam Schefter reports that the team signed kicker Ryan Succop to a five-year, $14 million extension.
    Chiefs sign Ryan Succop to contract extension | ProFootballTalk

I see us being much more active in the free agent market the next couple of seasons. We have built this team mostly through the draft now it's time that we go out and add the key peaces that we need. Maybe a Certain Qb if he's close to 100%
    I sure hope you are right. I can't take another season like that, knowing they are sitting on a mountain of cash.

sir I hope you are right and i eat crow lol. I'm excited about this offseason but I've been a fan since 95, never have seen a playoff win and my roommate is a donkies fan and I just watched teebow win a playoff game so i think its just got me in a rut

Thought I saw a post on this but couldn't remember if it was on this thread....

Can't forget that Albert, Drosey and Colquitt will all become Free agents after this season, so we will need to work to get those guys signed as well.

Would be nice to get at least one of them locked up this off season after Bowe and Carr, and our top FA targets..

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast