Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Daboll outlines plans for the Chiefs offense

Default Daboll outlines plans for the Chiefs offense

snip
    New Chiefs offensive coordinator Brian Daboll wants to install an offense that will attack the opposition. He wants to go up-tempo, flood defenses with multiple personnel packages and keep defenders off-balance

“Sometimes we’ll move and shift, sometimes we’ll be stationary. I think you need to have ability to get to an up-tempo scheme where you’re in a no-huddle package, threatening runs, passes, all those types of different things. You have to try to keep a defense as off-balance as you can.”

story

I am a fan of no huddle. Cassel looked really good in it IMO
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

I am very excited for the hire. Anyone can look like an offensive genius when they are bless with tons of talent. Daboll managed to take sub-par talent and make it serviceable.

Quote Originally Posted by bigwigbob View Post
    I am very excited for the hire. Anyone can look like an offensive genius when they are bless with tons of talent. Daboll managed to take sub-par talent and make it serviceable.
    I really don't know anything about him except he's another NE product. we'll see. I do hope he kicks the O in the A and gets it rollin' big time again
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

He gave a good interview, said all the right things. Sounds like he knows Cassel fairly well and knew what he is getting with him. He talked about game planning to the players strength, that alone makes him an instant upgrade from Muir. Sounds like we won't have to watch Dexter try to run between the tackles.

My main concern now is getting all the ACL's back to 100% so he can utilize what we have to offer.

Quote Originally Posted by kcvet View Post
    I really don't know anything about him except he's another NE product. we'll see. I do hope he kicks the O in the A and gets it rollin' big time again
    I don't know to much about him either. But I do know that under him as OC Reggie Bush was a 1,000 yard rusher in the NFL something that no one thought that he could really do. That says something and should be reason to at least not be so down on the hire.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

I wasn't and still not real excited, but I'd rather have a new face like him in there then say Zorn or Muir. Our offense is better then they have played and with a new OC and mostly new OL, add a rb and te, possibly a QB, and we shall have a new team with a new and winning additude.

Daboll is our new OC and I will support him until he gives me reason not to.

I have not read more than the first post yet, but still wondering why this hire, and not Saunders? Seems to be the type of offense Al would run. I will read up, but just wondering.
    Last edited by tornadospotter; 02-07-2012 at 08:50 PM.

I don't like his connections with Matt Cassel. This tells me Cassel has an advantage in coming in as the starter because these two worked together in New England. He thinks highly of Matt Cassel. I would rather it be a level playing field, not someone that praises Cassel and thinks highly of him. Hopefully he can straighten Cassel out if that's the case. GO CHIEFS!

I want the guy to succeed. I'm not excited about the hire but we are hinging on him being successful. If he fails romeo goes down with him. If romeo goes down pioli is out too. We can't afford to start over again

Like many here, I don't know enough about the guy to really have an a opinion.

But I am a Chiefs fan, so I say WELCOME to our new OC! Get us a playoff win or two and you'll find out what it's like to have the world's greatest fans on your side!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast