Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Chiefs Interested in Stanford Rout...A sign Carr may be out?

Default Chiefs Interested in Stanford Rout...A sign Carr may be out?

Don't know the level of interest and this is all that I have seen on this subject, but it seems that the Chiefs are one of 5 teams that seem to have an interest in former Raiders Corner who was released just days ago Stanford Rout

Released by Raiders, CB Routt drawing interest from five teams

I hope this is not a sign of Carr heading out the door...

why not keep carr and sign this guy and we would match up well to anyones group of wr's. all we need on defense is a nt then.

Quote Originally Posted by jason1981 View Post
    why not keep carr and sign this guy and we would match up well to anyones group of wr's. all we need on defense is a nt then.
    True. And we definately have the money. Id rather concentrate on keeping Carr AND Bowe right now though.

It has been said on espn that the Chiefs are in discussions with Bowe and Carr's agents, it may very well be all about money or it may very well be they want a better chance at that ring....just sayin

i bet we sign carr longterm before we do bowe. our secondary i believe are really tight and all friends. i think he really wants to stay as long as we make a reasonable offer. with bowe im not sure what he would like.

maybe you guys are right, id be in heaven with flowers carr routt and arenas, backed up with lewis and berry that is hands down best defensive backs, plus our two outside lbs hali and houston, run stopping d line and dj in the middle i like it, plus we need to figure out if belchers stayin or needs to be replaced.

Well Pioli has been talking about depth being one of our main priorities.

sounds like an Eagles secondary...The only diffrerence is we will

#1.) Have an entire off-season to implement our defensive system and allow guys to fit into their roles.

and

#2.) Have a top of the line D-Coordinator that will know how to put his players in a position to be successful. Not a dude that was an O-line coach last year!

I think it would awesome to sign Routt and keep Carr. Pioli is noticing this is a becoming a passing league, and with a pass happy team like NE standing in our way to get to a super bowl on the AFC side of the bracket, we need to be able to match up...
    Last edited by Jrudi; 02-16-2012 at 10:46 AM.

30 FAs in 30 Days: Stanford Routt

posted on KCCHIEFS.COM

Signing Routt and Carr would be a lot of money, we have a lot of needs in a lot of area's.

Looks like the Chiefs are showing quite a bit of interest in signing Routt...

This is a 2nd clip from NFL.com which explains he was in KC for a 2nd round of interviews...You have to think this is either:
    1. They don't think Carr will be back.

2.) They are using it as leverage to re-sign Carr

or 3.) They are really serious about adding depth at all positions and are preparing to add Routt to a secondary which would inlude Carr, Flowers, Routt, Arenas, Lewis, and Berry (Yikes! I like it...Good luck Chargers trying to throw against that secondary!)

Ex-Raiders CB Routt continues to talk to Chiefs, Bills; Cincy next

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast