Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Chiefs Interested in Stanford Rout...A sign Carr may be out?

Default Chiefs Interested in Stanford Rout...A sign Carr may be out?

Don't know the level of interest and this is all that I have seen on this subject, but it seems that the Chiefs are one of 5 teams that seem to have an interest in former Raiders Corner who was released just days ago Stanford Rout

Released by Raiders, CB Routt drawing interest from five teams

I hope this is not a sign of Carr heading out the door...

Quote Originally Posted by Jrudi View Post
    Looks like the Chiefs are showing quite a bit of interest in signing Routt...

This is a 2nd clip from NFL.com which explains he was in KC for a 2nd round of interviews...You have to think this is either:
    1. They don't think Carr will be back.

2.) They are using it as leverage to re-sign Carr

or 3.) They are really serious about adding depth at all positions and are preparing to add Routt to a secondary which would inlude Carr, Flowers, Routt, Arenas, Lewis, and Berry (Yikes! I like it...Good luck Chargers trying to throw against that secondary!)

Ex-Raiders CB Routt continues to talk to Chiefs, Bills; Cincy next
    This is exciting news. The Chiefs aren't going to save any money by signing Routt and releasing Carr, but with their cap space, they don't need to worry about that. I would be happy with either player. If we end up with both, so much the better, but I don't think that is likely.

My personal preference would be to keep Carr, only because he has been here and is more familiar with this defense and it wouldn't affect the team's chemistry, but if he has to go, Routt would be an excellent replacement.
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Routt is good in man coverage, but he also commits a LOT of penalties. I hope we keep Carr and sign Routt. He would be a tremendous asset as a nickel corner.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    Routt is good in man coverage, but he also commits a LOT of penalties. I hope we keep Carr and sign Routt. He would be a tremendous asset as a nickel corner.
    Personally, I have a gut feeling that Pioli and company fully intend to let Carr test the market. I have no info, just a feeling. It could be situation where Carr's agent and the Chiefs are really far apart on any agreement and Routt is serving two purposes for the Chiefs...an option if Carr signs elsewhere or atleast showing Carr's agent that they aren't desperate to retain Carr at any cost.

Quote Originally Posted by nicfre2011 View Post
    Personally, I have a gut feeling that Pioli and company fully intend to let Carr test the market. I have no info, just a feeling. It could be situation where Carr's agent and the Chiefs are really far apart on any agreement and Routt is serving two purposes for the Chiefs...an option if Carr signs elsewhere or atleast showing Carr's agent that they aren't desperate to retain Carr at any cost.
    I hope you're wrong. My thoughts on the situation are basically that they've gotten some good play from Carr for the last few years for next to nothing. I mean the guy was a 5th round pick. I don't have his contract info but I'm assuming he hasn't made much. He's just now entering the prime of his career and showed last year that he continues to improve his game. While I won't say they can't go on without him, I think they should do their best to lock him up. Especially given that the Chiefs are like $60M under the cap.
    Last edited by Ryfo18; 02-19-2012 at 09:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    I hope you're wrong. My thoughts on the situation are basically that we've gotten some good play from Carr for the last few years for basically nothing. I mean the guy was a 5th round pick. I don't have his contract info but I'm assuming he hasn't made much. He's just now entering the prime of his career and showed last year that he continues to improve his game. While I won't say they can't go on without him, I think they should do their best to lock him up. Especially given that the Chiefs are like $60M under the cap.
    We will see some news hopefully tomorrow! I believe it starts the Franchise and Transition tag period.

We could Franchise one and Transition the other (Bowe & Carr) to keep both for at least 1 more year to work on a long term deal. and yes I would love to add Routt, but hope we keep Carr.

Quote Originally Posted by Jrudi View Post
    We will see some news hopefully tomorrow! I believe it starts the Franchise and Transition tag period.

We could Franchise one and Transition the other (Bowe & Carr) to keep both for at least 1 more year to work on a long term deal. and yes I would love to add Routt, but hope we keep Carr.

I've heard that with the new CBA there is no longer any transition tag. Maybe someone can confirm this.

Quote Originally Posted by nicfre2011 View Post

I've heard that with the new CBA there is no longer any transition tag. Maybe someone can confirm this.
    There still is a transition tag ... technically.

Under the new CBA a team cannot use a franchise tag and a transition tag in the same year. They can use one or the other, but since a team receives no compensation (draft picks) if they choose not to match another teams offer for a transition tagged player, I can't think of a good reason for using it.

There is a pretty good explanation of the new rules at football.about.com.

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

This from ESPN.com:

According to two league sources, Routt could sign with a team as soon as Monday. The Kansas City Chiefs are one of the teams in the mix for Routt. He visited the Chiefs, along with the Bengals and Bills. There were not any other reported visits. It is feasible that other teams -- the Titans, perhaps -- could still be involved.

If the Chiefs sign Routt, it will be an indication that the team will not re-sign free-agent cornerback Brandon Carr. He will be popular on the free-agent market.
    Stay tuned! ...

It's official now. Chiefs sign Carr to 3 yrs/$19.6 million deal. Discuss the move here: http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=19905

Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    It's official now. Chiefs sign Carr to 3 yrs/$19.6 million deal. Discuss the move here: Stanford Routt - Kansas City Chiefs Forums

we signed routt not carr lol

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast