Thread: YDKF mock draft...

Default YDKF mock draft...

Hi, I'm a jet fan who has been reading chief's forums a lot lately.

I was the KC Chiefs' GM in the draft mock (3 rounds) we had at a jet forum so I spent quite some time reading this and another couple of forums of the chiefs to try to not mess it up a lot.

I drafted Riley Riff, Dwayne Allen and Chis Polk, hopefully that's ok.

Here's the link to both the mock draft and the forum in case you want to comment something.

youdontknowfootball.com/2012/02/the-ydkf-early-3-round-draft/

youdontknowfootball.com/forum/

Thanks for the attention (and the information) and good luck this offseason!

Pretty cool idea. Hope you won't mind if we take this idea. Should turn it into an official competition on here. A lot of bickering goes on this could kill it (although lately nobody's been arguing as much).

I like Riley Riff, as would most of the chiefs as it fills a big need, and he is sure to succeed in the nfl.

TE Dwayne Allen: Not so sure on this, he has the right size for great blocking but has not done so well in run blocking, or in pass protection. He has great hands though and would be very good in receiving. I read somewhere he is projected as a top 50 in value I'm just not sure he would fit the chiefs run first offense.

RB Chris Polk: This kid is impressive and would love to see him as a Chief. He fills a need and is likely to start in the nfl somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by 70 chiefsfan70 View Post
    I like Riley Riff, as would most of the chiefs as it fills a big need, and he is sure to succeed in the nfl.

TE Dwayne Allen: Not so sure on this, he has the right size for great blocking but has not done so well in run blocking, or in pass protection. He has great hands though and would be very good in receiving. I read somewhere he is projected as a top 50 in value I'm just not sure he would fit the chiefs run first offense.

RB Chris Polk: This kid is impressive and would love to see him as a Chief. He fills a need and is likely to start in the nfl somewhere.
    Reiff - completely agree, great pick. Fills an immediate need and while he might not be the best tackle out there (Khalil) he definitely starts at RT and holds the job for a long, long time.

Allen - I just don't see the Chiefs taking a TE with their 2nd round pick. Moeaki is coming back and was a rock star for us when he's healthy. I see us hedging our bets but more so with someone like Finley from Green Bay or drafting a 4th or 5th rounder. I'd more than likely see us taking a NT or RB with our 2nd round pick. If Bowe and/or Carr leaves that pick might change.

Polk - Is a great runner and racked up a lot of yards at Washington and became an "out of the backfield" threat last year. The knock on him has been that he's had two shoulder surgeries and a knee scope. That's all as a college player, add to it that he likes to try to run over people and is a physical runner. I think he'll be one of those guys that's in the league for 2 or 3 years and then has to hang it up due to injuries or the injuries will hamper him from staying with a team.

I could see a RB pick in the 3rd if we take a NT in the 2nd. If it's RB in the 2nd I'd see us picking up someone more like Doug Martin from Boise State (5'9, 215lbs). Doubt Martin would be there in the 3rd but if it's a 3rd round pick I'd pick up someone like Cyrus Gray (5'10 200 lbs) from A&M who's very workman like in his carries and yards.

NFL Mock Draft 2012: Kansas City Chiefs Select Mike Adams In National Football Post's Latest Mock

Wes Bunting of the National Football Post has his latest mock draft before next week’s NFL Combine out and several new names have made their way into the first round. However, the Kansas City Chiefs are sticking with familiar territory for the for the 2012 NFL Draft with their selection of Mike Adams of Ohio State. The right tackle is the ideal fit and several mocks have made this same selection in the past.

Bunting writes, “You have to think after the struggles the Chiefs had at right tackle last season, drafting a guy like Adams who has the size and athleticism to handle powerful NFL pass rushers is a must for them this off-season.”

As for Adams’ talent, Bunting rates him as the second best tackle in this year’s class and his incredible size at 6-8, 320 should give defensive linemen fits. Bunting summarizes his opinion by saying, “He’s a talented kid with a big frame, long arms and natural movement skills. He can bend and if he can put it all together and continue to improve his footwork he could certainly mature into a starting caliber left tackle in the NFL.”

The reason this works so well for the Chiefs is that Barry Richardson has been a subpar right tackle over the last two seasons, and many draftniks believed the Chiefs would have addressed the position a year ago. Given the dearth of solid options in free agency, the Chiefs are bound to wait until the draft to select a tackle and the first round presents the best options compared to deeper positions available in the draft. Adams would shore up the right side for the Chiefs and improve all facets of the offense.

Feb
    8:04a
    by Matt Conner

Quote Originally Posted by KCCF View Post
    Pretty cool idea. Hope you won't mind if we take this idea. Should turn it into an official competition on here. A lot of bickering goes on this could kill it (although lately nobody's been arguing as much).
    I have been too busy to post for the past few days.