Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Latest news on Manning not good:

Default Latest news on Manning not good:

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Also related to the Quarterback fan controversy is the latest from NFL.com, which doesn't list Kansas City among the top 5 teams who will likely need and draft RG3.

NFL.com news: QB-needy teams might have to trade up to get RG3

Personally...I'm in favor of keeping Cassel, anyway...as I believe he will do fine once having a consistent coaching staff, consistent playbook/playcalling, a stable franchise environment, & improved O-Line...all of which it looks like will occur in 2012.

Roster change isn't beneficial...continuity on roster I believe is critical with winning, and winning consistently. In an article I read recently...the Giants are used an example of what I mean by continuity/consistency among a franchise/team. Here is a quote from that article, which was written by Greg Gabriel, an NFL scout for 29 seasons, including for the Giants from 1985-2001.

"One of the keys to success in the NFL is continuity. The Giants have that. In the last 30 years they have only had five head coaches (Bill Parcells, Ray Handley, Dan Reeves, Jim Fassel and Tom Coughlin). In that same period there have been only three General Managers (George Young, Ernie Accorsi and Jerry Reese). Three of those five coaches got to Super Bowls and all three of the General Managers got to the big game."

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

betwwen lost and nowhere,southcentral ks.

consistent on the playing field on offensive side side of the ball is the QB. To bad we dont have a consistant QB.
    i can remember what a chief super bowl team looks like! ......

I have heard conflicting reports on Mannings progress. Chris Mortensen has reported that his throwing is much better then what the noodle arm. I think the Colts side is going to try to get stuff like this Peytons side is going to get the other way. The truth is somewhere in the middle
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

He will come back and make many eat crow. Ye Shall See

Quote Originally Posted by dbolan View Post
    He will come back and make many eat crow. Ye Shall See
    Joe Montana had 2 solid yrs......

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    I have heard conflicting reports on Mannings progress. Chris Mortensen has reported that his throwing is much better then what the noodle arm. I think the Colts side is going to try to get stuff like this Peytons side is going to get the other way. The truth is somewhere in the middle
    the ones who want him say hes good the ones who don't want him say hes bad, id agree in the middle wouldn't bet against him

Quote Originally Posted by nigeriannightmare View Post
    Joe Montana had 2 solid yrs......

Joe Montana never had 2 ruptured discs and rods installed to stabilize his spine. If he comes back he is more stupid than he looks.

Quote Originally Posted by azchiefsfan View Post
    Joe Montana never had 2 ruptured discs and rods installed to stabilize his spine. If he comes back he is more stupid than he looks.
    It would be highly unlikely they put rod's in his neck for 2 disc's. This would be more of a bracket shaped somewhat like an hour glass but wider in the middle with 4 large screw's. Just sayin.

Again I might point out it is not the 2 ruptured discs that are the problem, it is the nerve damage caused from the surgery. The ruptured discs should heal nicely, the nerve damage could very well be a long term problem.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast