Thread: The fans have spoken and I agree!

Default The fans have spoken and I agree!

According to our AFC West poll, the Kansas City Chiefs should re-sign Kyle Orton and make him their starting quarterback.
    We asked readers Tuesday, who they think should be Kansas City’s quarterback. As of 4:35 p.m. ET Wednesday, 35 percent of the voters believed Orton should be the quarterback. He went 2-1 as Kansas City’s quarterback to end the season. As for three-year incumbent Matt Cassel, 26 percent of the voters believed he should be the starter. Second-year quarterback Ricky Stanzi received the support of 11 percent of the voters.

The always popular “someone else” received 29 percent of the vote. Many of those voters hope that player turns into Peyton Manning or perhaps Robert Griffin III. At this point, I think either of those options may be long shots.

Quote Originally Posted by 2010chiefs View Post
    According to our AFC West poll, the Kansas City Chiefs should re-sign Kyle Orton and make him their starting quarterback.
    We asked readers Tuesday, who they think should be Kansas City’s quarterback. As of 4:35 p.m. ET Wednesday, 35 percent of the voters believed Orton should be the quarterback. He went 2-1 as Kansas City’s quarterback to end the season. As for three-year incumbent Matt Cassel, 26 percent of the voters believed he should be the starter. Second-year quarterback Ricky Stanzi received the support of 11 percent of the voters.

The always popular “someone else” received 29 percent of the vote. Many of those voters hope that player turns into Peyton Manning or perhaps Robert Griffin III. At this point, I think either of those options may be long shots.
    I'd be happy to see Orton signed and a real competition between him and Cassel. But I don't think it will happen.

The competition between Orton and Cassel would be great and having a good back up in Orton or Cassel is even better but over all I hope this is just short term, 2012. I would love to see a QBOTF with in the next year or two at the latest weather it be Stanzi or some one else.

Quote Originally Posted by okikcfan View Post
    I would love to see a QBOTF with in the next year or two at the latest weather it be Stanzi or some one else.
    Agreed!

My gut tho keeps telling me the odd's will be cambell #1, Quinn at #2 and Orton being a long shot....I just have this feeling we will pick up Cambell......

Orten shouldn't be automatically starter and neither Cassel.

But I agree there should be some competition.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

I'm not saying either should automatically be a starter, what i am saying is it would be good to have the competition there. I for one do not feel Orton will stick around to compete with Cassel. I have a gut feeling it will Cambell from the Faiders unless Pioli pull's something out of his hat. But no matter who they pick up, it should be a 3 way fight to the finish and may the best QB win. But what we see in preseason and who they (Crennel & Daboll) pick may not be the same, if ya know what I mean. This will be yet again a chance for Stanzi to show us what he has, if he indeed has it at all......