Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Stanford Routt

Cool Stanford Routt

NFL Network is reporting Routt has agreed to a 3 year deal with the Chiefs

Quote Originally Posted by #58ChiefsFan View Post
    The bad part of becoming a good team is now we may loose players we want to keep. It's a good insurance policy if Carr does end up leaving.
    True dat! But I would much rather have too many good players to keep them all than not have enough good players to compete!
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

I don't see this necessarily meaning that carr is gone. We have a ton of money to spend, we got routt for relatively cheap and we like to play nickel! Flowers, carr and routt would give us a lot of coverage sacks

I had heard rumors that Carr was wanting 14 million a year & if that is true then that's why this signing of Routt took place. No way are the Chiefs going to pay Carr 14 milllion a year. And you don't pay 6 million a year to guy like Routt to have him as a backup -- that is not going to happen. Routt will be designated as a starter opposite Brandon Flowers right from the get-go.

I suspect that a trade of Carr for a draft pick could be on the horizon.

I think it's very likely that Carr is gone. That said, I'll gladly take Routt over "unknown" as the every down Cornerback on the right side.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    I think it's very likely that Carr is gone. That said, I'll gladly take Routt over "unknown" as the every down Cornerback on the right side.
    Could be they have decided that Bowe is the guy they must keep -- and the Chiefs brass is right. Bowe must stay.

More details on the signing from Yahoo Sports:

The person, speaking on condition of anonymity Monday because the team had not announced the deal, said the agreement includes a $4 million signing bonus and $6 million the first season.

Routt is still owed $5 million next month from the Raiders, who released him after the first year of a $54.4 million, five-year deal. Routt chose the Chiefs over competing offers from Buffalo, Cincinnati, Houston, New Orleans, Minnesota and Tennessee.
    The signing bonus will be prorated over the 3 years, so Routt will take home $15 million this year and the cap hit is only $7.33 million.

Nice!
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

how much does brandon flowers make a year on his new contract?

Quote Originally Posted by whackojacko58 View Post
    It was said Flowers had signed a 5-yr 50 million dollar contract. Not sure how that is being divvied up over those 5 years.

Quote Originally Posted by whackojacko58 View Post
    Here's the breakdown of Carr's contract.

Brandon Flowers Contract, Salaries, and Transactions

with flowers and routts contracts, i think theres plenty of room to bring back carr if the price is right, id still like us to atleast franchise him

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast