Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Stanford Routt

Hybrid View

Cool Stanford Routt

NFL Network is reporting Routt has agreed to a 3 year deal with the Chiefs

Yeah we got a great deal three-year, $19.6 million. Does that mean Carr is going bye bye???

Stanford Routt To The Chiefs On Three-Year Deal - Arrowhead Pride

Quote Originally Posted by figcrostic View Post
    Yeah we got a great deal three-year, $19.6 million. Does that mean Carr is going bye bye???

Stanford Routt To The Chiefs On Three-Year Deal - Arrowhead Pride
    Looks like it, been reading that carl will be unwilling to spend the money other teams are gonna throw at him i would rather have liked to keep the brandons....

Quote Originally Posted by nigeriannightmare View Post
    Looks like it, been reading that carl will be unwilling to spend the money other teams are gonna throw at him i would rather have liked to keep the brandons....
    Carls has been gone a while now. Just sayin'
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

If the Chiefs want to make a statement in free agency then resign Carr. Prove you brought Routt in for competition and keep our defense intact. I don't think Brandon is all about the money but I don't blame him for seeing what's available.

Tag Bowe and hope Daboll can put together an offense he wants to stay for.

Quote Originally Posted by #58ChiefsFan View Post
    If the Chiefs want to make a statement in free agency then resign Carr.
    I think the Chiefs will make every effort to resign Carr, but it's not up to them, it's up to him. Carr knows he will be a hot commodity in free agency and even if the Chiefs make him the highest offer, that doesn't mean he has to take it.

My hope is that he wants to stay in Kansas City, but I can understand why he would want to see how much money he could make on the open market. He will be among the highest paid players in FA this year and NFL careers are short. He has to strike while the iron is hot.

[Edited to add] My guess is that some team will be desperate enough to over pay Carr by a significant amount (which is probably what he is hoping for). I want to keep him, but not at any cost. I would be willing to overpay a little bit as a reward for his past services, though.

The Chiefs have made a very smart move in securing Routt, and I hope they can get Carr on board, too. But don't expect to hear anything soon.
    Last edited by TopekaRoy; 02-20-2012 at 09:15 PM.
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Carr is outta here.

He was a later-round draft pick, making very little for the work he was doing. He will be wanting to get his one big contract, before anything unfortunate can happen to ruin it all for him.

He will get rewarded handsomely on the free agent market.

I would have preferred to have kept Carr. He has grown into his role with this defense exquisitely. But I am compelled to believe that he is out to make sure he gets the best deal he can. And some other team will be willing to give more than The Chiefs will be willing to give.

Quote Originally Posted by #58ChiefsFan View Post
    If the Chiefs want to make a statement in free agency then resign Carr. Prove you brought Routt in for competition and keep our defense intact. I don't think Brandon is all about the money but I don't blame him for seeing what's available.

Tag Bowe and hope Daboll can put together an offense he wants to stay for.

that is exactly what he is about, and about 95% of the rest of the players. he also wants to get on a team closer to the championship if possible.
    Official Chiefs Crowd Historian

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Carls has been gone a while now. Just sayin'
    Meant clark. Im a case in brother.

Quote Originally Posted by nigeriannightmare View Post
    Meant clark. Im a case in brother.
    ...and you didnt call me??
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast