Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Stanford Routt

Cool Stanford Routt

NFL Network is reporting Routt has agreed to a 3 year deal with the Chiefs

Quote Originally Posted by whackojacko58 View Post
    with flowers and routts contracts, i think theres plenty of room to bring back carr if the price is right, id still like us to atleast franchise him
    I think the best news we could here the rest of the week is that they have locked Bowe up then I think we will see them franchise Carr. And this team will be in real good shape as long as we get the oline and qb help we need
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    I think the best news we could here the rest of the week is that they have locked Bowe up then I think we will see them franchise Carr. And this team will be in real good shape as long as we get the oline and qb help we need
    building on that plan, draft line and bring in qb competition *cough* manning *cough*

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    I had heard rumors that Carr was wanting 14 million a year & if that is true then that's why this signing of Routt took place. No way are the Chiefs going to pay Carr 14 milllion a year. And you don't pay 6 million a year to guy like Routt to have him as a backup -- that is not going to happen. Routt will be designated as a starter opposite Brandon Flowers right from the get-go.

I suspect that a trade of Carr for a draft pick could be on the horizon.
    LOL. No way in hell Carr is worth $14 mil a year. If he wants that much, he lost his damn mind.
    MAKE WHOOLIES!!!

Joseph
    The Real SIC Riders
    www.SCSclothing.com
    www.SoCalStunts.com

Quote Originally Posted by SIC J View Post
    LOL. No way in hell Carr is worth $14 mil a year. If he wants that much, he lost his damn mind.
    THIS!

I think the signing of Routtis great it puts pressure on both Carr and Bowe to sign knowing that one of them will be franchised and Bowe now knows that it is more than likely him because we have Carr's replacement so if he can get a contract at or above his tag price he will sign. I think Carr wants to try the market to see if he can get his $14 million.

I might be over thinking this?

you bring up some good points

I forgot to say that if Bowe does sign that leaves the tag for Carr a win win win for the Chiefs. They keep both of their top FA and sign a 3rd CB so they can go to the nickle and dime more.

Think about this for a sec. The Chiefs tag Carr and he stays means that we have two three #1 CBs, one of them as the nickel, and Arenas as the dime. That's one hell of a secondary. If we trade Carr, we get picks for the draft, and not chump ones.

I would, under no circumstances, just let him walk.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by N TX Dave View Post
    I think the signing of Routtis great it puts pressure on both Carr and Bowe to sign knowing that one of them will be franchised and Bowe now knows that it is more than likely him because we have Carr's replacement so if he can get a contract at or above his tag price he will sign. I think Carr wants to try the market to see if he can get his $14 million.

I might be over thinking this?
    There is anther side. Bowe will know that they can't just keep putting the tag on him. He will at some point be able to go out and see how much he can get in the free agent market. I think he would be willing to take a tag this year is he thinks he can get more long term
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

They have to re-sign either Bowe or Carr. Then we franchise the other. Best secondary in the NFL if that happens. Way to be active Chiefs!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast