Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Stanford Routt

Cool Stanford Routt

NFL Network is reporting Routt has agreed to a 3 year deal with the Chiefs

Yeah we got a great deal three-year, $19.6 million. Does that mean Carr is going bye bye???

Stanford Routt To The Chiefs On Three-Year Deal - Arrowhead Pride

i just read it on cbssportsline as well. i still woukd rather have carr so i hope we sign carr longterm as well. i think we might cuz we only signed routt to a three year deal. carr is just getting to his prime. think it would be foolish toet him go. now im nervous that we going to looose him.

Quote Originally Posted by figcrostic View Post
    Yeah we got a great deal three-year, $19.6 million. Does that mean Carr is going bye bye???

Stanford Routt To The Chiefs On Three-Year Deal - Arrowhead Pride
    Looks like it, been reading that carl will be unwilling to spend the money other teams are gonna throw at him i would rather have liked to keep the brandons....

Maybe Carr and/or his agent gave the impression he did not want to stay here not saying he did but you never know. Maybe he wanted to go to a limelight town you know one with more nightlife.
    I think the franchise tag will go on 82 now because we now know who we can afford to lose and if we don't sign Carr we have a replacement unlike if we lost Bowe.

I think that if we can get Carr resigned that our Defense will be in the top 5 next year after this. I hope to get it done.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

come one pioli bring back carr, i say if anything we need to lock bowe to a long term deal and slap the tag on carr. And i believe it could happen we didn't spend alot on routt. Wow never seen the chiefs as the first to sign a free agent right when the market opened

betwwen lost and nowhere,southcentral ks.

cant see pioli signing carr now. thats alot of cash tied up on cb`s.
    i guess dreaming tag carr,throw in a 2nd to rams for 2nd pick in draft. a new qb!
    i can remember what a chief super bowl team looks like! ......

That's "only" $6.5 million per year, so they still have plenty of room to sign Carr. My guess is that that is what they will try to do. If Carr gets a ridiculously high offer from another team (and he might) then the Chiefs can let him walk. They always have the option of extending Routt's deal if they lose Carr, and if they can keep him then they don't have too much money tied up in Routt.

If they do lose Carr, then they have even more cap space to work with than they did before!

Good job, Scott!
    Last edited by TopekaRoy; 02-20-2012 at 02:10 PM.
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

The bad part of becoming a good team is now we may loose players we want to keep. It's a good insurance policy if Carr does end up leaving.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast