Thread: Yahoo! Sports' Doug Ferrar interviews Stanford Routt

Default Yahoo! Sports' Doug Ferrar interviews Stanford Routt

Source: http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...tml#more-19198

I thought this was a good interview, and it dove into a lot of Routt's overall play over the last few years. It sounds like he's very excited to be in Kansas City.

Had his pick of which team to go to and didn't even bother going to other scheduled visits once the chiefs offered the contract.

I also read that the niners aren't willing to spend more than four or five million for a receiver to compliment crabtree. So that rumor isn't likely to happen.

Gotta say I am pleased with what I read. The guy is not afraid to eat a little humble pie. He wants to play for a team that is going to be a winner. He wants to be the best in his business and he is not afraid to risk looking like a fool if he thinks he sees a chance to make a GREAT play. He got multiple offers. He chose to play for the Chiefs. Seems that's the kind of guy we want.

But I gotta ask.....how did a guy with this kind of attitude ever stand playing for the Raiders. Seems to have too much class to have worked there.

He was drafted in 2005 by Big Al