Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trent Richardson

Default Trent Richardson

2012 NFL draft -- Trent Richardson to skip combine drills after knee surgery - ESPN

So, does this make it more likely for his draft stock to drop a little, and/or make us less likely to grab him if he is sitting there?

They are calling it "minor surgery," but there must have been SOMETHING wrong to warrant surgery (most likely a knee scope or artroscopic surgery). You don't do a knee scope for sh!ts and giggles. Thoughts?

I would say he wont drop because of this.

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post
    2012 NFL draft -- Trent Richardson to skip combine drills after knee surgery - ESPN

So, does this make it more likely for his draft stock to drop a little, and/or make us less likely to grab him if he is sitting there?

They are calling it "minor surgery," but there must have been SOMETHING wrong to warrant surgery (most likely a knee scope or artroscopic surgery). You don't do a knee scope for sh!ts and giggles. Thoughts?
    I still think he will be off the board before we pick, so it probably doesn't matter. But you are the doctor, Jap1. What do you think about this?

It would concern me a little bit to draft a player who just had knee surgery, to complement a player who missed almost an entire season ... and had knee surgery.

They say it's minor, but the recovery time of 8 weeks (from 3 weeks ago until the end of March) sounds a little long for a 'minor' procedure.
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    I still think he will be off the board before we pick, so it probably doesn't matter. But you are the doctor, Jap1. What do you think about this?

It would concern me a little bit to draft a player who just had knee surgery, to complement a player who missed almost an entire season ... and had knee surgery.

They say it's minor, but the recovery time of 8 weeks (from 3 weeks ago until the end of March) sounds a little long for a 'minor' procedure.
    Most likely he had a meniscal debridement. That is basically where they go in and smooth out the torn up cartilage and menisci. Usually a 6-8 wk period before you are returned to full activities. It shouldn't affect his abilities 6 months from now. The concern is long term. He is what, 23 and already has torn up cartilage. The procedure basically works to slow the breakdown of cartilage by smoothing the somewhat worn cartilage. Basically like replacing some worn down ball bearings in an engine. However, in the body you cannot replace cartilage, just make the worn out parts less rough.

I'm sure most RBs have had this procedure at some point in their career. It comes from the wear and tear. The surgery itself isn't concerning, it is the fact that he already has wear and tear. I may be overthinking it, but it may mean he will have a shorter career than the average RB.

I'm gonna be 17 different kinds of pissed off if the Chiefs waste a first round pick on a RB at #12 overall. With Charles coming back and countless good #2 running backs coming out in free agency and later in the draft, there's absolutely NO reason to waste the #12 pick on a RB. I would be ok with drafting ANY position other than RB at #11/12.

Trent Richardson should NOT be a Chief if it means spending a first round pick on him... PERIOD.

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post

As you said, he's 23 and already having knee problems. He's not participating in on-field drills in the combine...this makes his stock drop and my guess is drop into the low teens.

Guys vault up the draft board because of a good combine. To not participate means that others who are will vault up and he's missing the drills to have surgery. As you said they don't just to that for sh!ts and grins.

I have to agree with texasChief though. There are other things we need and better picks we can take than a RB that just had knee surgery. If we take anything but OLine I'm not going to be happy with the pick. However with that said regardless of the pick it'll be top tier talent that should start right away and we can always use talent that can walk on the field and kick out the incumbent.

I too have to agree with Tex and OP, RB in the first round to me is out of the question, too many other needs @ the Oline or even a solid pass rusher to help out Hali.

Houston is going to be sick opposite Hali. I don't think another pass rusher is necessary.

I certainly see this as lowering his stock in the draft. Hard to imagine otherwise.....though maybe less so than it would have before the rookie salary cap. All that aside, I don't see him as a great selection for us unless he was available to us in the 2cond or 3rd round. And I can't imagine that happening.

The only way I would be ok with us getting Richardson would be if we picked up a LG and RT in free agency.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast