Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Mock Offseason 2.0

Default Mock Offseason 2.0

No point in doing a mock draft if you don't first show who you'd sign in free agency. That being said, here we go:

Signed UFAs:
    Stanford Routt-already signed
    La'Ron McClain
    Wallace Gilberry
    Brandon Carr
    Dwayne Bowe

Carl Nicks OR Ben Grubbs
    Paul Saliai
    Peyton Manning- I know every fan base in the league wants this guy. However, few teams present the elite youth and upside, WR corps, and cap space of the Chiefs. A new OC and a front office and coaching staff who are intimately familiar with what Peyton is capable of doesn't hurt either. The Chiefs want to bring in competition for Cassel... well, put your money where your mouth is.

Draft:
    Chiefs trade #11 overall and their 5th round pick to the Patriots who want to move up to take Melvin Ingram or Quinton Coples to play DE in their new 4-3. Chiefs get #27 and #31 overall.

Chiefs trade Glenn Dorsey and their 4th round pick to St. Louis for #33 overall.

#27-OT Mike Adams
    #31-C Peter Konz
    #33-NT Dontari Poe
    #44-ILB Vontaze Burfict
    #75-DE Jared Crick (replace Dorsey)

Offense:
    LT-Albert
    LG-Hudson
    C-Konz
    RG-Nicks/Grubbs
    RT-Adams
    TE-Moeaki
    WR-Bowe, Baldwin, Breaston, McCluster
    RB-Charles
    FB-McClain
    QB-Manning

Defense:
    FS-Routt
    SS-Berry
    CB-Flowers, Carr
    ILB-DJ, Burfict
    OLB-Hali, Houston
    DE-Jackson, Crick
    NT-Soliai, Poe, Powe

I'll take that trophy now...

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    No point in doing a mock draft if you don't first show who you'd sign in free agency. That being said, here we go:

Signed UFAs:
    Stanford Routt-already signed
    La'Ron McClain
    Wallace Gilberry
    Brandon Carr
    Dwayne Bowe

Carl Nicks OR Ben Grubbs
    Paul Saliai
    Peyton Manning- I know every fan base in the league wants this guy. However, few teams present the elite youth and upside, WR corps, and cap space of the Chiefs. A new OC and a front office and coaching staff who are intimately familiar with what Peyton is capable of doesn't hurt either. The Chiefs want to bring in competition for Cassel... well, put your money where your mouth is.

Draft:
    Chiefs trade #11 overall and their 5th round pick to the Patriots who want to move up to take Melvin Ingram or Quinton Coples to play DE in their new 4-3. Chiefs get #27 and #31 overall.

Chiefs trade Glenn Dorsey and their 4th round pick to St. Louis for #33 overall.

#27-OT Mike Adams
    #31-C Peter Konz
    #33-NT Dontari Poe
    #44-ILB Vontaze Burfict
    #75-DE Jared Crick (replace Dorsey)

Offense:
    LT-Albert
    LG-Hudson
    C-Konz
    RG-Nicks/Grubbs
    RT-Adams
    TE-Moeaki
    WR-Bowe, Baldwin, Breaston, McCluster
    RB-Charles
    FB-McClain
    QB-Manning

Defense:
    FS-Routt
    SS-Berry
    CB-Flowers, Carr
    ILB-DJ, Burfict
    OLB-Hali, Houston
    DE-Jackson, Crick
    NT-Soliai, Poe, Powe

I'll take that trophy now...
    Looking a lot like a championship team!

I would have to agree with the person who said we don't need a guard AND a center. One or the other should suffice since Hudson can play both positions.

I also am doubtful NE would trade two 1st round picks for one player, then again their window is closing and they have to make a move sooner rather than later.

A more likely trade would possibly be with Cincinatti if they really want Trent Richardson and he drops to us or if the top CB drops to us. We would probably have to give up our 2nd or 3rd and 4th round picks. It depends on what they would be able to negotiate.

As far as they Dorsey trade, I am torn. I think he is extremely valuable to us, more than most people would think. My biggest concern is whether we could fill his role with a rookie DE. It took 2-3 hrs for Dorsey, which is pretty common for most DLinemen. I think that would be a huge downgrade for our defense. Now we would be upgrading our NT in your scenario, so we could afford a little downgrade at the DE spot. Also, we could probably get more than the 33rd pick, but I definitely don't think we would have to give up another pick with him to get a low 2nd/high 3rd rounder. I also realize that if we are going to move away from Dorsey, then now is the time to do it, since he is a UFA at the end of the season, and we wouldn't get anything for him. I suspect that is probably why Pioli has drafted a DE in the first 3 rds every year, because he has always planned on trying to dump Dorsey for a cheaper DE who isn't going to get tempted by $$. I wouldn't necessarily agree with this move, but I think it would be a smart move by Pioli.

Also, if we got Soliai, I don't think we would need to draft Poe. Soliai, Powe and maybe Gregg would be a pretty decent rotation IMO. But getting Poe also would give us a lot of depth up front.

I am going to decline to comment on the Manning situation because right now he is a big question mark to me. If he were at 85-90% of his arm strength, that would be the one luxury FA that I would consider. By luxury, I mean a nice to have, but we would be just fine without him.

My draft, assuming the same FAs, without the Pats trade, with the Dorsey trade.

11- Best RT available (Reiff, Martin, then Adams).
    33- Best 3-4 DLineman available
    44- Best Player available between ILB and TE (a luxury pick, but with Moeaki out we had zero options at TE, also we would have few needs at this point)
    75- Best RB available

Don't see why we are drafting an OC when we all know Hudson is in line to replace weiggmann.

and to tell you the truth I think the most likely scenario is that RT listed as a higher need than LG right now to Pioli, mainly because he see's Lilja has 1 more year left on his contract (plus if they have plans to attempt a run at manning, Lilja is familiar with manning rather than having a Rookie try to learn a complex system)

so I feel the plan will be to look to draft RT in round 1-2, and find a developmental OG in rounds 2-5 to sit behind Lilja for next season (and come in if Lilja gets hurt) Similar to what we have done with both Asamoah and Hudson.

This makes the most sense cap wise as well...I would love Nicks to come here, but I have heard the Saints are planning to tag him or Brees (whoever they can't get signed first) so I think first priority on the O-line is RT not OC or LG

just my thoughts..

and why would we move routt to safety when we have lewis and berry. ur basicslly saying lewis was a waisted pick. keep routt at cb for nickel defense. and doersey is under appreciated. he has done nothing but improve and has been good. jackson is the one who needs to step up and take the next step.we seriously need a rt and a ny the most.

Quote Originally Posted by jason1981 View Post
    and why would we move routt to safety when we have lewis and berry. ur basicslly saying lewis was a waisted pick. keep routt at cb for nickel defense. and doersey is under appreciated. he has done nothing but improve and has been good. jackson is the one who needs to step up and take the next step.we seriously need a rt and a ny the most.
    I would agree that Dorsey has been under appreciated. However, like jap said he's only got a year left on his contract. He's a hold over from when we were a 4-3 and is best suited for that kind of defense. I can easily see him saying that he wants to go to another team that plays a 4-3 and sign a 3 year contract with them to show how good of a DT he can be and then go for the Haynesworth type money with another 3 year contract or something.

Jap actually it was being talked about trading Dorsey and our 4th rounder for St. Louis' 2nd round pick which is #33. It's all but a first round pick really.

I do think he's better than a 2nd round pick for any team. Packaging a 4th round and Dorsey for the #33 pick is like saying he's the 12th pick in the 2nd round. Which I find very, very cheap. I wouldn't take anything less than a mid to late 1st rounder for Dorsey and a 4th round pick. Mid 1st round is in the 700 pt range and giving up our 4th is 78 pts. That would put Dorsey as a mid to late 1st round pick which is exactly what I think he is. Someone that will come in and play right away and play well. In a 4-3 as a DT I think with a half season of games Dorsey would be tearing it up.

well i do feel bad for dorsey for playing out of his natural position. he making alot of sacrifices to adapt to our defense when he could be tearing it up in a 4-3. so i would be hsppy for him if he did get traded but theres no guarantee that his replacement will be as good or a bust. so there is risk. aka tyler jackson still up in air. so then we have to unproven ends. not a good combo.

dorsey woukd be a 1st round or high second round puc for a trade. we dont need to seen a draft pick with him.

would dorsey really enjoy switching positions again? he finally looks comfy in a 3/4 switching at this point in his career again idk how id feel about it if it was me, i agree dorsey has sacrificed to be apart of this defense thats why i don't see the chiefs letting him go, hes a pioli/ chiefs guy (yes i know pioli didn't draft him). but hes the type of guy pioli has wanted to bring in and keep here

Quote Originally Posted by whackojacko58 View Post
    would dorsey really enjoy switching positions again? he finally looks comfy in a 3/4 switching at this point in his career again idk how id feel about it if it was me, i agree dorsey has sacrificed to be apart of this defense thats why i don't see the chiefs letting him go, hes a pioli/ chiefs guy (yes i know pioli didn't draft him). but hes the type of guy pioli has wanted to bring in and keep here
    Agreed, but if you knew you get more visibility at another job and because of that visibility eventually get paid more wouldn't you want to do that? In the end though it's not up to Dorsey if we do trade him.

Here's a interesting thought. Texas had us trading Dorsey and a 4th to St. Louis to get their #33. I'm going to one up him and throw this out there just to get the pot stirring.

RG3 is going to meet with the Chiefs...it's on arrowhead pride. Robert Griffin III Will Meet With The Kansas City Chiefs - Arrowhead Pride

How's this sound for a trade? Our 1st, Dorsey and maybe a 3rd rounder for RG3, 1250 (1st round) + say 1100 for Dorsey (1st round 14th pick) + 260 (3rd round) = 2610(2600 pts for 2nd). Then pick up Zebrie Sanders with our 2nd to replace Richardson. Sign Nicks or a LG and away we go. Would like to get Crick to split time with Gilberry and eventually/hopefully move into the full time RDE but not sure if he'd be there in the 4th. At that point we're set except for a NT and hopefully we could find one in free agency or a 5th round draft pick??

1st round - RG3
    2nd round - Zebrie Sanders
    3rd round - part of trade to STL
    4th - Crick or RDE successor
    5th, 6th and 7th - talk amongst yourselves.... lol

I think that's an extremely interesting and a realistic trade...thoughts?
    Last edited by OPLookn; 02-24-2012 at 03:40 PM.

no way we trade up to get rg3. dont like givingbup that much.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast