Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Mock Offseason 2.0

Default Mock Offseason 2.0

No point in doing a mock draft if you don't first show who you'd sign in free agency. That being said, here we go:

Signed UFAs:
    Stanford Routt-already signed
    La'Ron McClain
    Wallace Gilberry
    Brandon Carr
    Dwayne Bowe

Carl Nicks OR Ben Grubbs
    Paul Saliai
    Peyton Manning- I know every fan base in the league wants this guy. However, few teams present the elite youth and upside, WR corps, and cap space of the Chiefs. A new OC and a front office and coaching staff who are intimately familiar with what Peyton is capable of doesn't hurt either. The Chiefs want to bring in competition for Cassel... well, put your money where your mouth is.

Draft:
    Chiefs trade #11 overall and their 5th round pick to the Patriots who want to move up to take Melvin Ingram or Quinton Coples to play DE in their new 4-3. Chiefs get #27 and #31 overall.

Chiefs trade Glenn Dorsey and their 4th round pick to St. Louis for #33 overall.

#27-OT Mike Adams
    #31-C Peter Konz
    #33-NT Dontari Poe
    #44-ILB Vontaze Burfict
    #75-DE Jared Crick (replace Dorsey)

Offense:
    LT-Albert
    LG-Hudson
    C-Konz
    RG-Nicks/Grubbs
    RT-Adams
    TE-Moeaki
    WR-Bowe, Baldwin, Breaston, McCluster
    RB-Charles
    FB-McClain
    QB-Manning

Defense:
    FS-Routt
    SS-Berry
    CB-Flowers, Carr
    ILB-DJ, Burfict
    OLB-Hali, Houston
    DE-Jackson, Crick
    NT-Soliai, Poe, Powe

I'll take that trophy now...

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    Like I said, after watching him at the combine, I've cooled on him quite a bit. He has elite 1st round talent. Definitely worth the risk if he falls past the 4th round.

He is for sure a cancer. And from pioli (who's past few drafts have been focused around player chemistry) I don't see him drafting him
    !

Like I said, after watching him at the combine, I've cooled on him quite a bit. He has elite 1st round talent. Definitely worth the risk if he falls past the 4th round.
    I'm not sure he's worth the risk at all...I've seen these types of guys, they don't work out

He may not have a history of run-ins with the law yet, but the On-Feild and locker room issues mirror that of who he is as a person off the field.

This is one of those guys who thinks he is on top of the world, and no one can touch him. I can almost bet you anything he will #1.) not produce on field at the NFL level (or he will have 1 big season and be a guy that holds out for more money, and then never repeat's) and #2.) It's a matter of time before he has an image worse than PacMan Jones...

Guy's like this don't understand the reality of life, and the consequences that come with bad decisions. He's not a Chief even if he goes UN-drafted.

I agree, he may be similar to Houston, whose character questions caused him to drop. Supposedly on film, he looks like a stud. I can see us taking him in a later round for some depth at LB. Right now we have DJ, Belcher, and Siler. I could see him as DJ's back-up and a star performer on special teams.

Im interested to see how he performs on his pro-day. Some analysts say it looks like he hasnt been working out since the end of the season, which to me is a red flag.

He ballooned up to 260 lbs this last year at ASU. Sometimes he took plays off and basically stood around. At best he was average this last year. I really can't see him anywhere but Oakland. He is the absolute last player I'd like to see the Chiefs draft. I'm not worried though, there is no chance Pioli will draft him.
    The Chiefs are Back!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345