Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Mock Offseason 2.0

Default Mock Offseason 2.0

No point in doing a mock draft if you don't first show who you'd sign in free agency. That being said, here we go:

Signed UFAs:
    Stanford Routt-already signed
    La'Ron McClain
    Wallace Gilberry
    Brandon Carr
    Dwayne Bowe

Carl Nicks OR Ben Grubbs
    Paul Saliai
    Peyton Manning- I know every fan base in the league wants this guy. However, few teams present the elite youth and upside, WR corps, and cap space of the Chiefs. A new OC and a front office and coaching staff who are intimately familiar with what Peyton is capable of doesn't hurt either. The Chiefs want to bring in competition for Cassel... well, put your money where your mouth is.

Draft:
    Chiefs trade #11 overall and their 5th round pick to the Patriots who want to move up to take Melvin Ingram or Quinton Coples to play DE in their new 4-3. Chiefs get #27 and #31 overall.

Chiefs trade Glenn Dorsey and their 4th round pick to St. Louis for #33 overall.

#27-OT Mike Adams
    #31-C Peter Konz
    #33-NT Dontari Poe
    #44-ILB Vontaze Burfict
    #75-DE Jared Crick (replace Dorsey)

Offense:
    LT-Albert
    LG-Hudson
    C-Konz
    RG-Nicks/Grubbs
    RT-Adams
    TE-Moeaki
    WR-Bowe, Baldwin, Breaston, McCluster
    RB-Charles
    FB-McClain
    QB-Manning

Defense:
    FS-Routt
    SS-Berry
    CB-Flowers, Carr
    ILB-DJ, Burfict
    OLB-Hali, Houston
    DE-Jackson, Crick
    NT-Soliai, Poe, Powe

I'll take that trophy now...

Quote Originally Posted by OPLookn View Post
    Agreed, but if you knew you get more visibility at another job and because of that visibility eventually get paid more wouldn't you want to do that? In the end though it's not up to Dorsey if we do trade him.

Here's a interesting thought. Texas had us trading Dorsey and a 4th to St. Louis to get their #33. I'm going to one up him and throw this out there just to get the pot stirring.

RG3 is going to meet with the Chiefs...it's on arrowhead pride. Robert Griffin III Will Meet With The Kansas City Chiefs - Arrowhead Pride

How's this sound for a trade? Our 1st, Dorsey and maybe a 3rd rounder for RG3, 1250 (1st round) + say 1100 for Dorsey (1st round 14th pick) + 260 (3rd round) = 2610(2600 pts for 2nd). Then pick up Zebrie Sanders with our 2nd to replace Richardson. Sign Nicks or a LG and away we go. Would like to get Crick to split time with Gilberry and eventually/hopefully move into the full time RDE but not sure if he'd be there in the 4th. At that point we're set except for a NT and hopefully we could find one in free agency or a 5th round draft pick??

1st round - RG3
    2nd round - Zebrie Sanders
    3rd round - part of trade to STL
    4th - Crick or RDE successor
    5th, 6th and 7th - talk amongst yourselves.... lol

I think that's an extremely interesting and a realistic trade...thoughts?
    Would be cool...But I think I agree that Dorsey is a Pioli guy (even though he didn't draft him) Pioli made sure to get rid of all the leftovers he didn't want on this team ex:Pollard and Page, and made it well known of the ones he wanted to keep, Flowers, Hali, DJ, Charles etc.

I think Pioli will find it important to keep Dorseyt around.. Dorsey and Albert are the only two important players on our Team that are FA's after next season, and I think we will see a move to get both resigned. They are part of the core group that makes up this chiefs team, and getting rid of Dorsey would just create a problem/hole that we don't need to try and fill at the moment.

If we can focus on the few positions of need we do have, it will make it much easier, rather than creating another hole to fill

I'm drafting/signing OL early and often is because lack of depth is a key reason why the Chiefs had a wasted 2011. I'd much rather see Grubbs/Nicks on the starting O-line than Asomoah or Hudson. Besides, with my O-line, I'm trying to protect Peyton Manning... not RGIII who could deal with 4 rookie or 2nd year players protecting him.

Dorsey as a player IS worth more than what I have him valued... but unless you get sign and trade him, his ONE year left under team control devalues what a team will be willing to give up for him. In actuality, my trade probably has the Chiefs package overvalued.

No, the Lewis pick and/or Routt signing wouldn't be a waste... again, putting Routt at safety creates positional depth. If you resign Carr, like I suggest, you're either supplanting Lewis at safety or Arenas at nickel... I'd rather have one of the fastest guys in the league at FS than trying to put him at nickel where quickness is more of an asset than pure speed. The reason Arenas is so good at nickel and punt returning is because he can change direction quickly which is what is needed to cover slot receivers.

You have to try and not get tunnel vision and just plug holes. Drafting and signing for positional depth is something this team needs desperately.

well why draft players if u aint going to play them and rather bring in FA's. ur whole thing doesnt make since and very unrealistic. seems ur the one with tunnel vision and set on what u likeyou want to get rid of dorsey for an unproven guy we draft. when we already have tyler jackson on the other side who is borderline already. your just creating more hes or questions. you are one that undervalues him. and if u want to get depth draft ol in later rounds. ot first round then depth later. org in second rou.d to replace lilja. oh and ur center konz just did one of the worst bench reps at like 18 i think. so ur boy is already in hot water.

Quote Originally Posted by jason1981 View Post
    well why draft players if u aint going to play them and rather bring in FA's. ur whole thing doesnt make since and very unrealistic. seems ur the one with tunnel vision and set on what u likeyou want to get rid of dorsey for an unproven guy we draft. when we already have tyler jackson on the other side who is borderline already. your just creating more hes or questions. you are one that undervalues him. and if u want to get depth draft ol in later rounds. ot first round then depth later. org in second rou.d to replace lilja. oh and ur center konz just did one of the worst bench reps at like 18 i think. so ur boy is already in hot water.
    Disqualifying statement. Go away.
    Last edited by chief31; 02-25-2012 at 06:47 PM.

First, I think someone misinterpreted what I said about trading Dorsey. I think we could get a mid to late first rounder for him. He is probably worth a mid 1st, but we would be willing to give him up for a late 1st. As far as his contract is concerned, I don't think that would be a huge issue, since I think most teams renegotiate contracts after a trade. Also, I think dropping to a late 1st would satisfy the trade partner.

As far as the people saying that it would leave 2 holes on the DL, I guess people don't realize that TJ and Dorsey are both considered top 5 3-4 DEs. Also, looking at our roster, we do have Bailey, Gilberry and Gordon did a decent job in sub packages, and them along with a 3rd rounder may be in Pioli's plan. Again, I don't like losing Dorsey, but I'd rather lose him this year and get something worthwhile for him than lose him next year. Best case scenario, we would have to tag him or Albert if we couldn't get a long term deal done.

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post
    First, I think someone misinterpreted what I said about trading Dorsey. I think we could get a mid to late first rounder for him. He is probably worth a mid 1st, but we would be willing to give him up for a late 1st. As far as his contract is concerned, I don't think that would be a huge issue, since I think most teams renegotiate contracts after a trade. Also, I think dropping to a late 1st would satisfy the trade partner.

As far as the people saying that it would leave 2 holes on the DL, I guess people don't realize that TJ and Dorsey are both considered top 5 3-4 DEs. Also, looking at our roster, we do have Bailey, Gilberry and Gordon did a decent job in sub packages, and them along with a 3rd rounder may be in Pioli's plan. Again, I don't like losing Dorsey, but I'd rather lose him this year and get something worthwhile for him than lose him next year. Best case scenario, we would have to tag him or Albert if we couldn't get a long term deal done.
    How bout keeping #11 overall and trading to NE for #27? It's only 6 picks higher than 33, but it's your late first for Dorsey... plus we keep #11. My goal with the trades was to get 4 of the first 44 players off the board. NE is desperate for DL help and would have serious interest in the top 4-3 DEs in the draft as well as Dorsey.

why be so offensive just because i dont see ur logic of drafting players if we dont play them? and yes my typing sucks cuz im doing this on my cell. i just think we under estimate dorsey value. new england needs more pass rusbing de and cb more than a dt though it would be good to see him got to a good team if he does leave. i woukd think if we dont resign carr new england will snatch him up. we might be better of franchise carr and trade him to NE If we cant resign him thay is. id rather keep him than anything though.

Quote Originally Posted by jason1981 View Post
    why be so offensive just because i dont see ur logic of drafting players if we dont play them? and yes my typing sucks cuz im doing this on my cell. i just think we under estimate dorsey value. new england needs more pass rusbing de and cb more than a dt though it would be good to see him got to a good team if he does leave. i woukd think if we dont resign carr new england will snatch him up. we might be better of franchise carr and trade him to NE If we cant resign him thay is. id rather keep him than anything though.
    Discounting not playing players immediately drafted in the first or second round is basically saying rookies don't need time to develop. Like Rogers sitting behind Favre or Flynn behind Rogers, Charles behind LJ, and countless other first and second round picks who wait a season or two to play does nothing to help them.

Drafting for depth in the first 3 rounds ensures QUALITY depth. When you rely on 6th rounders to provide depth, you end up with Richardson at RT... just saying.

well that might be true in the past but i believe these athletes are more ready to play coming out in these days. in the first round that is. but still they can only gain experience by playing snd thats what they need. we need to feel our holes before he fill our depth. but id rather play our draft picks that has been playing slready and gsined experience such as hudson and osomoah and lewis and keep routt at cb.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    How bout keeping #11 overall and trading to NE for #27? It's only 6 picks higher than 33, but it's your late first for Dorsey... plus we keep #11. My goal with the trades was to get 4 of the first 44 players off the board. NE is desperate for DL help and would have serious interest in the top 4-3 DEs in the draft as well as Dorsey.
    That would definitely be much more tempting, and plausible.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast