Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mock Offseason 2.0

Hybrid View

Default Mock Offseason 2.0

No point in doing a mock draft if you don't first show who you'd sign in free agency. That being said, here we go:

Signed UFAs:
    Stanford Routt-already signed
    La'Ron McClain
    Wallace Gilberry
    Brandon Carr
    Dwayne Bowe

Carl Nicks OR Ben Grubbs
    Paul Saliai
    Peyton Manning- I know every fan base in the league wants this guy. However, few teams present the elite youth and upside, WR corps, and cap space of the Chiefs. A new OC and a front office and coaching staff who are intimately familiar with what Peyton is capable of doesn't hurt either. The Chiefs want to bring in competition for Cassel... well, put your money where your mouth is.

Draft:
    Chiefs trade #11 overall and their 5th round pick to the Patriots who want to move up to take Melvin Ingram or Quinton Coples to play DE in their new 4-3. Chiefs get #27 and #31 overall.

Chiefs trade Glenn Dorsey and their 4th round pick to St. Louis for #33 overall.

#27-OT Mike Adams
    #31-C Peter Konz
    #33-NT Dontari Poe
    #44-ILB Vontaze Burfict
    #75-DE Jared Crick (replace Dorsey)

Offense:
    LT-Albert
    LG-Hudson
    C-Konz
    RG-Nicks/Grubbs
    RT-Adams
    TE-Moeaki
    WR-Bowe, Baldwin, Breaston, McCluster
    RB-Charles
    FB-McClain
    QB-Manning

Defense:
    FS-Routt
    SS-Berry
    CB-Flowers, Carr
    ILB-DJ, Burfict
    OLB-Hali, Houston
    DE-Jackson, Crick
    NT-Soliai, Poe, Powe

I'll take that trophy now...

Wow impressive.....If only things could be that easy....

Quote Originally Posted by okikcfan View Post
    Wow impressive.....If only things could be that easy....
    If you took each of those moves independently, none of them are too difficult to accomplish. The Patriots ABSOLUTELY are in DIRE need of a pass rush. The Rams will be looking for some help on the DLine as well. Being that they run a 4-3, Dorsey would be a no-brainer with the #33 overall.

Way too young O-line, I wouldn't place two rookies starting there.
    The best Chilean fan.
    Follow me on twitter @ChileanChief

Manning Carr bowe and nicks. Would we even have enough for all them?

Quote Originally Posted by KCCF View Post
    Manning Carr bowe and nicks. Would we even have enough for all them?
    Short answer...no.

Before anyone gets their panties in a bunch these are just my opinions, I'm not speaking for anyone nor do I think that my opinion is the end all be all.../end disclosure.

Long answer - Let's say Carr goes for cheap and lets us have him for 7 million, Bowe says 9, Nicks says 6 (NO is talking about paying either Nicks or Brees and then franchising the other). That puts us up to 22 million. If we give Manning 5 million a year (dirt cheap) that puts us up to 27 million for just this year alone.

Yes we have a butt load of money for this year but we just signed Routt to 6.3 million a year, Dorsey AND Albert are coming up for contract which actually might lower our payments since I don't think either will end up commanding what they got as rookies. The other thing to consider is that we have a bunch of other guys to resign too as well as drafted players and any other free agents we want to bring in for backup/competition.

I don't think we can shell out that much money to get those four and be able to bring in a more complete team then we did last year. In reality I think we shell out 7 or 8 million per year for 4 or 5 years on Bowe and front load the contract for this year plus a fat signing bonus (something like 5 to 10 million to bring it up to 8-10 mil a year) but there are performance clauses on about 2 or 3 million of his contract.

Manning just flat out isn't coming here. I know people want him but he just isn't the QB that he use to be. His reflexes have gotten slower, he'll have been off for almost a year and a half and the guy is going to be 34 in a month. Can he read the defense and run a tight ship yes but he'd have to learn our offense, get comfortable with everyone and then not get hammered on during the season. Not to mention the last thing he wants to do is come to a new team and have to beat out the starter(Cassel).

Nicks gets resigned with the Saints and Carr hits free agency and is signed with someone else.

Texas, nothing against you but I just can't see the Pats trading up that high and giving up two first rounders. It goes in the opposite direction of everything they've done in the past decade.

The Dorsey to the Rams is an interesting scenario. He's only got one more year on his contract, isn't a prototypical 3-4 DE and it'd give us the #33 which is basically another first round pick. I like it! It sets back our DLine but I don't see Dorsey staying with the Chiefs. He'd want to much money and I think he wants to go to a 4-3 defense. I love the pick of Crick. He was a stud for Nebraska but had a torn pectoral muscle that put him out his entire senior season. So as long as we can make sure that he's 100% good to go, love those events.

My alternate to that would be pick up Adams or a RT, then if possible take Poe, Burfict...not my ideal guy but sure and then Crick. All in all very interesting write up, thx for putting it together!
    Last edited by OPLookn; 02-23-2012 at 05:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by OPLookn View Post
    Manning just flat out isn't coming here.
    Well not to give away my age or anything, but I have been around long enough to say that nothing would surprise me. "Never say Never" Now I'm not a big fan of having Manning come to KC but there was a time when I never dreamed of Joe Montana coming to KC either. To say I was shocked and disappointed at the first news of it is an understatement. A banged up Montana was the last thing I felt we needed. But it worked. He did do well. The game I will never ever forget was what I called the blizzard bowl. John Elway vs Joe Montana, an edge of your seat game all the way to the final seconds. Chiefs won 31-28 at Mile high in a really bad snow storm. Just sayin ya never know what will happen till it's all said and done......

first why would we replace osomoah or however u spell his name. i dont like any of your mock draft. well its not bad but think ur overdrafting oline when we have osamoah when u have us signing nicks and grubbs and also moving hudson to guard. if anything sign nick or grubbs and draft OT first then best available player after.

lt-albert
    lg-nicks or grubb
    c-hudson
    rg-osamoah
    rt-draft pick

i think overdrafting is prolly not a bad thing for depth wise but later picks depending on the draft boards and grades. just dont want to reach. i want ot, then nt in draft. dont know if there is a good nt in draft though so i do hope we get the giy from miami.

im mobile so its hard to type. forgive all grammer errors.

I'd want more than just a 2nd rounder for Dorsey. I don't care if it's a very early 2nd. I'm not saying a top 5 pick, but Dorsey has very quietly done his job and done it well since 2010.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast