Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Mock Offseason 2.0

Default Mock Offseason 2.0

No point in doing a mock draft if you don't first show who you'd sign in free agency. That being said, here we go:

Signed UFAs:
    Stanford Routt-already signed
    La'Ron McClain
    Wallace Gilberry
    Brandon Carr
    Dwayne Bowe

Carl Nicks OR Ben Grubbs
    Paul Saliai
    Peyton Manning- I know every fan base in the league wants this guy. However, few teams present the elite youth and upside, WR corps, and cap space of the Chiefs. A new OC and a front office and coaching staff who are intimately familiar with what Peyton is capable of doesn't hurt either. The Chiefs want to bring in competition for Cassel... well, put your money where your mouth is.

Draft:
    Chiefs trade #11 overall and their 5th round pick to the Patriots who want to move up to take Melvin Ingram or Quinton Coples to play DE in their new 4-3. Chiefs get #27 and #31 overall.

Chiefs trade Glenn Dorsey and their 4th round pick to St. Louis for #33 overall.

#27-OT Mike Adams
    #31-C Peter Konz
    #33-NT Dontari Poe
    #44-ILB Vontaze Burfict
    #75-DE Jared Crick (replace Dorsey)

Offense:
    LT-Albert
    LG-Hudson
    C-Konz
    RG-Nicks/Grubbs
    RT-Adams
    TE-Moeaki
    WR-Bowe, Baldwin, Breaston, McCluster
    RB-Charles
    FB-McClain
    QB-Manning

Defense:
    FS-Routt
    SS-Berry
    CB-Flowers, Carr
    ILB-DJ, Burfict
    OLB-Hali, Houston
    DE-Jackson, Crick
    NT-Soliai, Poe, Powe

I'll take that trophy now...

betwwen lost and nowhere,southcentral ks.

one thing that might happen is we sign D. Bell from bills to play at RT and draft either Poe or that ILBer from BC in 1st. Draft best T in 2nd.
    If we are going to sign Manning,going with flow, then Bell would bring more vet time to oline.
    i can remember what a chief super bowl team looks like! ......

Burfict- NO!! NO!! NO!! NO!!!!!!!!! ABSOLUTELY NO!!!!!!!!!
    That headcase is absolutely the LAST player I want to see on the Chiefs. No way Pioli would pick that mental case. That's a cancer no one wants to see on their team.
    The Chiefs are Back!

Quote Originally Posted by GarH View Post
    Burfict- NO!! NO!! NO!! NO!!!!!!!!! ABSOLUTELY NO!!!!!!!!!
    That headcase is absolutely the LAST player I want to see on the Chiefs. No way Pioli would pick that mental case. That's a cancer no one wants to see on their team.
    Where are you getting this from? I haven't heard anything about him being a bad character guy... just that he had a few personal foul calls against him that had to be investigated. The subsequent investigation led to the suspensions and firings of several PAC10 officials because they were targeting him unfairly. Everything I've read about him in the locker room is that he's a quiet and good teammate.

However, I did watch him perform at the combine and I've cooled on him some... he looked more like a 3rd to 4th rounder to me after what I saw at the combine. But still... what I saw in game film has me wanting him on this team.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    Where are you getting this from? I haven't heard anything about him being a bad character guy... just that he had a few personal foul calls against him that had to be investigated. The subsequent investigation led to the suspensions and firings of several PAC10 officials because they were targeting him unfairly. Everything I've read about him in the locker room is that he's a quiet and good teammate.

However, I did watch him perform at the combine and I've cooled on him some... he looked more like a 3rd to 4th rounder to me after what I saw at the combine. But still... what I saw in game film has me wanting him on this team.
    The guy does not belong on this team. He sounds like a guy that thought he was all high and mighty, and could ride his skills to get away with whatever he wanted. doesn't have a good work ethic and has put on weight and slowed him down. (was THE SLOWEST LB that participated in the 40 at the combine with a 5.09 40 time, the ONLY LB to post a +5second 40 time for that matter)

Here's his scouting report from NFL.COM:

Overview
    Burflict had a fairly inconsistent career at Arizona State, where he was the Pac-10 Defensive Freshman of the Year, went on to be the consensus top linebacker in the country as a sophomore, and then really fell off as a Junior, much like the entire ASU program. A final season of turmoil, weight issues, discipline issues, and general friction between Burflict and his coaches doesn't leave him in the most favorable position entering the draft, but talent alone should be enough for Burflict to be picked early.

Strengths
    Burflict has been a fierce, punishing competitor throughout his career. He is capable of providing a serious physical presence, and likely an upgrade, to the middle of any defense in the NFL. When he is in shape, Burflict can fly from sideline to sideline and cover tight ends well sufficiently in the pass game. He really excels as a pass rusher and inside tackler, where he can meet nearly any RB in the hole and provide a punishing blow that sends the ball carrier backwards. He is savvy and plays instinctually, and he is able to read blocks well to get to the ball. In the right scheme with a support staff in place, Burflict has the capability to be a leading tackler in the NFL.

Weaknesses
    You would be hard-pressed to find a player whose on-field discipline issues had such a negative effect on draft status as Burflict's have affected him this year. He is capable of being the physical inside presence for an NFL defense, but not many coaches are going to have the patience to deal with personal foul penalties like the coaches did at ASU where, frankly, Burflict was the only option inside. He has put on weight within the last year that has really slowed him down, and while that size has boded well for players like Brandon Spikes of New England, it has really inhibited Burflict's athleticism and ability to get sideline to sideline.

No Thank you sir...

Punching a teammate in the locker room. In a recent interview he takes no ownership of his problems. Everything is the fault of his coaches, the media and the refs. He is a Raiders type player. He would assure them of leading the league in personal fouls.
    The Chiefs are Back!

Default re Burfict

Last edited by GarH; 02-28-2012 at 09:22 PM.
    The Chiefs are Back!

Quote Originally Posted by GarH View Post
    Punching a teammate in the locker room. In a recent interview he takes no ownership of his problems. Everything is the fault of his coaches, the media and the refs. He is a Raiders type player. He would assure them of leading the league in personal fouls.
    Lol... nobody had an issue with Thomas Jones doing this to our first round pick 7 months ago...

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    Lol... nobody had an issue with Thomas Jones doing this to our first round pick 7 months ago...
    Seriously? You are going to compare a player who imposed team discipline on one of his own team mates to a player whose on-field lack of discipline has had more of a negative effect on his draft status than any other player in the draft? You really don't see any difference!?

And the fact that he has put on enough weight to become the slowest LB in the draft, in the one year where he has a chance to become an NFL player and make a small fortune doesn't concern you at all?

And you want to draft him because, why?
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Burfict also blamed his coaches for a drop in performance in media interviews.

Walterfootball.com is predicting after his combine that he would go 4th-undrafted, unless he has a good pro day.

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post
    Burfict also blamed his coaches for a drop in performance in media interviews.

Walterfootball.com is predicting after his combine that he would go 4th-undrafted, unless he has a good pro day.
    Like I said, after watching him at the combine, I've cooled on him quite a bit. He has elite 1st round talent. Definitely worth the risk if he falls past the 4th round.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast