Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: chiefs have talked to mannings agent

Default chiefs have talked to mannings agent

Kansas City Radio Hosts Reporting Peyton Manning's Agent, Chiefs Have Been Talking

Feb 23 7:55p by Jeremy Mauss
    Read More: Peyton Manning (QB - IND), Indianapolis Colts, Kansas City Chiefs
    Peyton Manning is looking to be one of the biggest free agents in a very long time, and of course nearly every NFL team will have some interest in Manning. According to Nick Wright and Bob Fescoe of 610 Sports are both reporting that Manning's agent Tom Condon has spoken with the Chiefs that Manning really could be heading to Kansas City.
    Teams and agents are not to be talking about players are under contract, and this would mean that the Chiefs would be tampering, but Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk points out this happens all the time, especially at the NFL Combine.
    Florio also says why Manning would be a good fit for the Chiefs:

Nick Wright:
    I know a lot of you guys thought I was joking about Peyton to KC being possible, but I'm hearing more and more that it really could happen.

Bob Fescoe:
    Hearing the #chiefs and tom condon have spoken twice abt peyton manning. Told financials a good fit for kc. We shall see what happens

Mike Florio:
    Manning makes sense for the Chiefs for various reasons. They have more than enough cap space, a relatively strong defense, a great young running back in Jamaal Charles, and competent receivers (who'd look a lot better with Peyton Manning throwing the passes). Last year, even after Charles, safety Eric Berry, and tight end Tony Moeaki were lost early to torn ACLs, the Chiefs pulled it together and nearly pulled off a second straight AFC West title.

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post
    If that was in reference to my comment, I would argue that it wasnt Favre that Rodgers was learning from, but the QB coaches that Green Bay seems to be a factory for. Obviously, there is no way to tell which was the bigger factor, but that is just my opinion. If Manning himself was such a great mentor, then I would think that the QBs in Indy would be a little better than what they showed this year.
    Manning wasn't working with someone who graded out like Tom Brady... nor was their QB a first round pick like Rogers. Manning will have enough to play AT LEAST 3 more years and that should be plenty of time for Stanzi to develop the way Rogers did. Again, Manning has stated that he's willing to sign and incentives laden deal. If that's the case, there's very little downside to giving Manning a decent contract. Either he earns the money and we win a ton of games, or he doesn't and we save a bunch of money while still grooming Stanzi. Either way, I'm good with the outcome.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    Manning wasn't working with someone who graded out like Tom Brady... nor was their QB a first round pick like Rogers. Manning will have enough to play AT LEAST 3 more years and that should be plenty of time for Stanzi to develop the way Rogers did. Again, Manning has stated that he's willing to sign and incentives laden deal. If that's the case, there's very little downside to giving Manning a decent contract. Either he earns the money and we win a ton of games, or he doesn't and we save a bunch of money while still grooming Stanzi. Either way, I'm good with the outcome.
    Exactly!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567