Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Kansas City Chiefs will meet with RG3

Default Kansas City Chiefs will meet with RG3

If we could secure good OL and DL help a little lower then I think he would be a great pick up. If the choice was between Griffin and Luck, I'd take Griffin any day. He will probably be as good as Cam Newton. I watched 4 of his games last year and the kid could hit a fly with a grain of rice at 50 yards. He is an excellent passer with a good run threat.

We have to remember this is the combine. Smoke and mirrors. Would it be worth it, it could be in the long run. But lets remember he likes to pass but he does run. My fear with someone like RGIII, Cam or even Tebow is the higher risk for injury. Then what? Would I take him? Oh hell yea! But I would crap my pants every time he took off running down field!

And like every year, KC is going to meet with ALL the top draft prospects. We are meeting/have met with Luck and some of the others, too.

But Pioli doesn't say he is very interested in every QB he interviews. Also, I never referenced the combine. I specifically said I watched him play.

I would be in favor of either pursuing Manning or RG3. I like Cassel but I have my doubts that he can deliver a super bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by josh1971 View Post
    And like every year, KC is going to meet with ALL the top draft prospects. We are meeting/have met with Luck and some of the others, too.

The reason this conversations got brought up was because Crennel and Pioli both sounded impressed and interested in RG3 after meeting with him..

and they didn't shy away from the idea of trading up to get him.

It also says in the article they met with Luck and Tannehill right after RG3, but liked RG3 the best.

RGIII would be a great fit for the Chiefs. I can see making an aggressive trade to get him. If there was only some way we could keep Bowe...RGIII, JC, J. Baldwin & Bowe on the same offense...we'd tear up some backfields.

I think this also could be a fine example of the Chiefs putting up a smoke screen. Yes we want to draft a QB, we're interested in the same guy that lots of other teams are thinking about trading up for, etc. While I'd love to have RG3 and I've put a few scenarios together in another thread I'd be shocked if they did it.

After reading some combine reports it seems that Reiff has solidified his position as second best OT in the draft. I would love to see him land here. However I've still got hope that they'd draft Decastro. I love that guy and his draft stock has been rising and he easily solidified himself as the best interior lineman at the draft.

I'm thinking RG3 goes to Cleveland with the second pick. Colt McCoy not exactly working out...
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    I'm thinking RG3 goes to Cleveland with the second pick. Colt McCoy not exactly working out...
    Yeah, them or the Redskins.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast