Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: chiefs will franchise bowe

I guess this is good news...

At least we know he will be here for next year. I hope we lock him up soon! wouldn't want him to just be here for one more year and leave

Would be nice to lock him up soon and tag Carr

I don't know; it is what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    I don't know; it is what it is.

Very true! I couldn't agree with you more!

But, what is it?

Obviously, time will tell. If history is a guide, if Bowe won't sign a long-term deal, then franchising him would be a move to trade him for draft picks or to trade for more cap space. Hunt has let it be known it's time to fish or cut bait and if Bowe doesn't show some flexibility, he is worth more for what we can get for him in the market than what he can do on the field. If he is franchised, I predict he will be traded shortly thereafter.

Quote Originally Posted by azchiefsfan View Post
    Obviously, time will tell. If history is a guide, if Bowe won't sign a long-term deal, then franchising him would be a move to trade him for draft picks or to trade for more cap space. Hunt has let it be known it's time to fish or cut bait and if Bowe doesn't show some flexibility, he is worth more for what we can get for him in the market than what he can do on the field. If he is franchised, I predict he will be traded shortly thereafter.
    I'm not sure if this is exactly a sign that Bowe is not willing to work or being needy during contract negotiations.

There are a number of factors that go into this like possibly waiting to see what some other FA WR's will get, maybe he wants to see how that works out as leverage in the contract talks. It's not uncommon for this to happen. It happened with Hali last season, and he was perfectly happy here.

There is a lot that goes into contract talks, especially if the player is one of the tops in the league.

Not sure we should take this as a sign that he is being uncooperative , more of a sign that the Chiefs really do want to keep him here, and that is just the strategy they have to go with at this moment.

A bold prediction but I'll go with it. Next question is where do you think he'll go and what do you think he'd fetch? Next question after that is who do we replace him with? Perhaps go after Colston?

San Francisco or Dallas would be the two I would see in a bidding war-possibly Baltimore, but they are hitting too high on the cap I would think. I think he'd get full salary + a lower 1st or higher second round pick.

San Francisco or Dallas would be the two I would see in a bidding war-possibly Baltimore, but they are hitting too high on the cap I would think. I think he'd get full salary + a lower 1st or higher second round pick.
    I could see San Fran, especially with there being reports of people from the team talking to Bowe earlier this year. With them having the 30th overall pick they'd be in the place to give us that in return. Just not sure I'd want to set back our receiving core so much by getting rid of our best receiver and also the most productive which of course usually goes hand in hand. lol

Who would you pick up with our new 1st round pick? Do you get a new shiny receiver in the draft with that 30th or do you go FA? If so who?

I think we beef up the offensive line with all high picks and grab some undervalued wide receivers out of FA. I would wait and see who's still available in FA just before the draft before making any big moves on a WR.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast