Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: chiefs will franchise bowe

we need a wr that csn be a threat so defenses dont stack up on line. it woukd hurt our run game if we dont have bowe who has gained respect. dont know if id like coltson

Quote Originally Posted by Jrudi View Post
    I'm not sure if this is exactly a sign that Bowe is not willing to work or being needy during contract negotiations.

There are a number of factors that go into this like possibly waiting to see what some other FA WR's will get, maybe he wants to see how that works out as leverage in the contract talks. It's not uncommon for this to happen. It happened with Hali last season, and he was perfectly happy here.

There is a lot that goes into contract talks, especially if the player is one of the tops in the league.

Not sure we should take this as a sign that he is being uncooperative , more of a sign that the Chiefs really do want to keep him here, and that is just the strategy they have to go with at this moment.
    I agree with this post. It would be foolish (and I don't think his agent would let him, anyway) for Bowe to accept any offer from the Chiefs right now. He knows he will get tagged. The Chiefs will franchise him and other teams will put in bids.

Then the Chiefs have to decide whether Bowe is worth the highest offer, or offer him slightly less and see if he takes it. Bowe will have to decide whether he wants to take the highest offer or take a little less to stay with the team he loves.

Worst case scenario: Bowe gets huge offer from another team. We keep him here one more year with franchise tag and let him go at the end of next season and get high draft pick as compensation.

Regardless, Bowe will be a Chief this fall.
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Quote Originally Posted by jason1981 View Post
    we need a wr that csn be a threat so defenses dont stack up on line. it woukd hurt our run game if we dont have bowe who has gained respect. dont know if id like coltson
    I agree. Bowe helps our run game and Charles helps our pass game. It's critical to this offense that we have that dual threat. But, it'll be okay. Bowe isn't going anywhere this year.

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

does this mean he can drop all the pass's he want's ???
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

Quote Originally Posted by kcvet View Post
    does this mean he can drop all the pass's he want's ???

Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    I agree. Bowe helps our run game and Charles helps our pass game. It's critical to this offense that we have that dual threat. But, it'll be okay. Bowe isn't going anywhere this year.
    I agree with that but just keep in mind that Charles will not be 100% this year and we will need help in the RB arena. We need a back that can run between the tackles AND bounce it outside.

Just sayin....

Quote Originally Posted by dbolan View Post
    I agree with that but just keep in mind that Charles will not be 100% this year and we will need help in the RB arena. We need a back that can run between the tackles AND bounce it outside.

Just sayin....
    You don't know that for sure. He will have almost a year to recover from his injury. It still wouldn't hurt to pick up a power running back.

I find it ironic that everyone is saying we need a running back because Charles might not be 100%, but they are ready to sign a QB that we know is not anywhere close to 100%!

Just sayin' ...

Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    You don't know that for sure. He will have almost a year to recover from his injury. It still wouldn't hurt to pick up a power running back.

I find it ironic that everyone is saying we need a running back because Charles might not be 100%, but they are ready to sign a QB that we know is not anywhere close to 100%!

Just sayin' ...
    And you don't know that he will!

I have had knee surgery (2 of them) and have a general idea of how it goes afterward, plus I have yet to know of anyone tha has come back from a knee injury like his and be 100% "within" 1 years and it's been pretty much a consensus from folks that have had them that it takes about 18-24 months to get back to full throttle after ligament repair.

I'm hoping the Chiefs and Bowe can come to an agreement first so the tag can be used elsewhere (Carr perhaps). It depends a great deal on the remaining actions in free agency and the draft... time will tell. If anything it has to be used if Bowe doesn't sign, though I cannot see why he wouldn't unless he has a childhood dream of playing for someone else, it seems to me he enjoys it on the Chiefs, no?!

Quote Originally Posted by KristofLaw View Post
    I'm hoping the Chiefs and Bowe can come to an agreement first so the tag can be used elsewhere (Carr perhaps). It depends a great deal on the remaining actions in free agency and the draft... time will tell. If anything it has to be used if Bowe doesn't sign, though I cannot see why he wouldn't unless he has a childhood dream of playing for someone else, it seems to me he enjoys it on the Chiefs, no?!
    We have to use the tag by March 5th. That we haven't already put the tag on Bowe makes me think we're trying to do something just like that. I'm thinking that we'll hear either way by Friday at the latest. Not sure if it's the 5th at midnight, noon, 3 or when. Overall I think it's either the sides are getting close to a deal and we don't want to waste it or we haven't bothered talking to Bowe and are still trying to gauge which one will be best served in being tagged (Bowe or Carr).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12