View Poll Results: What are the chances we go get RG3?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Very Likely

    1 2.56%
  • Likely

    1 2.56%
  • 50-50

    3 7.69%
  • Unlikely

    17 43.59%
  • Very Unlikely

    17 43.59%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 24

Thread: Chances of RG3 ending up with KC

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    10,594
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 3

    Default Chances of RG3 ending up with KC


    0 Not allowed!
    Yep another poll. What do you think the chance is that KC will trade up to get RG3?

  2. #2
    Member Since
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Columbia
    Posts
    847
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 21
    Given: 16

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    I voted "unlikely" because in order to get him we would have to give up:

    A: Our first 2 draft picks this year and probably the first next year.

    This is sacrificing more then we can afford, our OL is in dire need of at least 2 new starters and depth.We need a starting TE, a RB that has the ability to start and carry the load even if JC comes back fully healthy. We need a monster NT(but could win games without), if we don't sign Carr we need to draft a CB, one that is real and legit. The list could be much longer if we include depth that we need.

    B: We trade a player of great value, say like Dorsey, or possible signing Bowe and trading him, plus our first two draft picks and a second round pick for next year.

    This would create another need and would result in less draft picks. This makes no sense considering the needs we have, especially in the OL needs we have. RG3 would require 18 to 20 mil a year, and would cripple our FA options say, like Nicks, or big name RB.

    As much as RG3 may help us long run, we would suffer severly over the next 2 or 3 years, and it may even ruin the young qb.

  3. #3
    Member Since
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    10,051
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 451
    Given: 78

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    I think there is a much better chance that we see Peyton in Kc then RGIII Peyton would just be a free agent signing that's easier to get done then a trade up in the draft to as high as it would require to get RGIII
    ​BAN ROY


  4. #4
    Member Since
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Lewisville, TX (Dallas)
    Posts
    1,217
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 33
    Given: 22

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    As the old saying goes a snowballs chance in a hot place.

  5. #5
    Member Since
    Feb 2010
    Location
    N. Kansas City
    Posts
    147
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    It is very unlikely that the chiefs get RG3,but if they did,it would be a track meet at 1 arrowhead drive.He also has a rocket for an arm.I don't think pioli will give up ,as much as wanted toget him.I think this kid is gonna be special.You think Cam Newton ,did good in his first year,RG3 will probably do ,just as good.If not better.

  6. #6
    Member Since
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    794
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Would love this kid, but I don't think it's going to happen (unless he falls far, like down to pick 11 haha) If he's there I think they would be cleaning their seats because they would have just sH*T themselves in the draft room.

    I also think they aren't done with the idea of Stanzi possibly becoming the QB of the future. We thought he was an afterthought when he didn't get a chance after Cassel went down, but Pioli recently came out and spoke highly of him, and talked about how happy they are with how he has came along, and feels he could be a good starter in the league with time.

    Then the idea of bringing in Manning...

    I think we will either see this:

    Manning comes in for 3-4 years Cassel becomes the backup, and eventually leaves, and Stanzi is the successor

    or

    Cassel is the starter next year, he will have 1 more year left on his deal after this season and will be 32 when he is scheduled to hit Free agency again..If he does well next season they keep him on for his final year and evaluate. If he does "OK" they look to trade him the final year of his deal to a QB needy team, and promote Stanzi to the starter in 2 seasons.

    Oh yeah then there's the idea that Orton get's tossed in the mix... haha if I say more it will just get complicated

  7. #7
    Member Since
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    994
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    If the Chiefs took him (somehow) I think it would be one of the worst decisions they have ever made because I think RG3 is another Vince Young/Mike Vick and that has not panned out very well.

  8. #8
    Member Since
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,582
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by dbolan View Post
    If the Chiefs took him (somehow) I think it would be one of the worst decisions they have ever made because I think RG3 is another Vince Young/Mike Vick and that has not panned out very well.
    This for me as well.

  9. #9
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Drunken State
    Posts
    4,053
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 58
    Given: 53

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by dbolan View Post
    If the Chiefs took him (somehow) I think it would be one of the worst decisions they have ever made because I think RG3 is another Vince Young/Mike Vick and that has not panned out very well.
    I disagree. RG3 is a very intelligent and articulate person - graduating with a 3.67 GPA AND a Heisman trophy. He will be an asset wherever he lands (Cleveland) IMHO.
    SHUT IT

  10. #10
    Member Since
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    10,594
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 3

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    I disagree. RG3 is a very intelligent and articulate person - graduating with a 3.67 GPA AND a Heisman trophy. He will be an asset wherever he lands (Cleveland) IMHO.
    ^^^This

    Quote Originally Posted by dbolan View Post
    If the Chiefs took him (somehow) I think it would be one of the worst decisions they have ever made because I think RG3 is another Vince Young/Mike Vick and that has not panned out very well.
    Quote Originally Posted by josh1971 View Post
    This for me as well.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Chances of Manning ending up with KC
    By AussieChiefsFan in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 02-29-2012, 12:11 PM
  2. Ending my Silence, End of Season Thoughts
    By jap1 in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 01-12-2011, 01:56 PM
  3. The real ending to Lady and the Tramp...
    By hermhater in forum The Locker Room
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-14-2008, 08:53 AM
  4. Bob(carl jr.) Gretz and his never ending.....
    By wolfpack in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-19-2007, 06:32 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •