Thread: Yahoo News : PFW's top 100 free agents (ProFootballWeekly.com)

Default Yahoo News : PFW's top 100 free agents (ProFootballWeekly.com)

We can say this much for the 2012 free-agent class: There have been worse years to be looking for WR help.

More...

Of the top available free agents it doesn't really look like many of them will be available due to the franchise tag but we will see soon. Of those listed here are my interests...

10. Dwayne Bowe
    WR | Kansas City Chiefs

Strength and physicality define Bowe's game. Concerns about his consistency have subsided a bit after two strong seasons, though dropped passes still can be an issue for him. The Chiefs could give the franchise tag to Bowe, who has exceeded 1,000 yards receiving three times in the past four seasons and has a total of 31 TD catches the past three campaigns. If he hits the market, he figures to draw considerable interest.
    Lock him up now please.

18. Brandon Carr
    CB | Kansas City Chiefs

With the Chiefs signing ex-Raiders CB Stanford Routt to a three-year deal on Feb. 21, Carr might price himself out of Kansas City. A productive starter who has defended 65 passes and grabbed eight interceptions in four NFL seasons, Carr is likely to be in demand when free agency begins.
    The dual Brandon defense backfield could be lethal. I hope he signs medium long term at value.

19. Ben Grubbs
    OG | Baltimore Ravens

Grubbs, who made the Pro Bowl in 2011, doesn't make many mistakes and is solid both as a run blocker and as a pass protector. The Ravens would like to keep him. "Ben is a player that we'd love to have back in Baltimore," GM Ozzie Newsome said at the NFL Scouting Combine.
    He fits a need position for us in depth along the o-line at the least.

28. Paul Soliai
    NT | Miami Dolphins

The Dolphins are moving to a 4-3 scheme, which could open the door for Soliai, who received the franchise tag from Miami in 2011, to go elsewhere. This run-stuffing interior lineman fits best in a 3-4 scheme.
    He would be a nice fit for the Chiefs at 3-4 if we cannot sign him I am also interested in Dontari Poe in the draft.

33. LaRon Landry
    S | Washington Redskins

Landry's durability is a major question mark. An Achilles injury suffered in 2010 also bothered him in 2011, and he has played in only 17-of-32 games the past two seasons. When healthy, Landry can be a force in the back of the secondary.
    We are not in dire need of an additional safety opposite Eric Berry but he has been solid when healthy. He has been on my wishlist for some time.

36. Kyle Orton
    QB | Kansas City Chiefs

Orton is a starter-caliber player at a valuable position. He is not an elite difference maker — he lacks mobility and isn't an especially accurate passer — but he can be a winner in the right system with good talent surrounding him.
    Mr Orton did well for us and could supplant Matt Cassel if here.

65. Nick Hardwick
    C | San Diego Chargers

Hardwick, who has started all 103 games in which he has played over eight seasons in San Diego, reportedly wants to return to the team. According to STATS LLC, Hardwick didn't allow a single sack in 2011 and was penalized only once. Also, he has a good rapport with QB Philip Rivers.
    I'd love to steal him from the hated Chargers.

69. Aubrayo Franklin
    NT | New Orleans Saints

The Saints, who have their work cut out for them in free agency, could bring back Franklin, who was decent in his first season in New Orleans, at the right price. He could appeal to clubs looking for a 3-4 nose tackle.
    Another potential plug at NT.

80. Vince Young
    QB | Philadelphia Eagles

Young had some good moments in his first season with the Eagles, most notably in Philadelphia's Week 11 win over the Giants. However, he threw nine interceptions in 114 attempts. His mobility is his greatest asset, but his accuracy remains too scattershot.
    May not be a popular pick amongst fellow fans, but I still hold out promise on his potential, regardless.

88. Ted Ginn Jr.
    WR | San Francisco 49ers

Ginn has elite speed and can be a difference maker as a returner, as he showed when he returned a kickoff and a punt for scores vs. Seattle in the 2011 season opener. He also can be a vertical threat on offense.
    Blazing speed. I wonder how he'd fit with the
    Chiefs.

92. Jeremy Shockey
    TE | Carolina Panthers

Though not the dynamic playmaker that he was earlier in his career, Shockey is still a solid contributor who could help a club that's looking to improve its TE corps.
    An aging vet who could be valuable in a double tight-end set or as a back up if injuries persist, knock on wood.

There are others I like, just thought I'd post is all.
    *** Kansas City Chiefs 2013 - 2014 ***