Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Dontari Poe

Default Dontari Poe

I know everyone thinks we need to move up and get RGIII or draft DeCastro or Martin from Stanford...but how about we sure up our d-line and get the NT that we have been lacking since switching to the 3-4. Has anyone seen what Dontari Poe did at the combine? He is 346 lbs and ran a 4.98 40 yard dash. He also pumped out 44 reps on the bench. Comparing this guy to Haloti Ngata from the Ravens and he is bigger, faster, stronger, and performed better in every aspect of the combine except vertical jump.

What do you guys think about taking Poe with the 11th pick?

Quote Originally Posted by figcrostic View Post
    Pioli did such a great job in the FA that Poe isn't such a stretch at 11, I'd prefer to trade down to 20 and get an extra pick or two but I would not be irate if we got Poe at 11.

Poe is a BIG gamble, he has impressed at the combine w/speed and quickness...but on tape has been pushed around by power blocking and has easily been taken out by RB's and TE's. i would not want to gamble a #11 on that. He may be another of those w/a huge potential but not the motor to achieve it. Decastro just seems to be a sure thing and an immediate impact player. if not him trade down, i like Still if we can get him plus a pick. he has spent a ton of time on the field since PSU has had no offense for the past 2 years. he does not usually get credited for alot of sacks but he does disrupt the backfield so others sack the QB or cause incompletions and broken plays. he plays much better against the run than Poe. if not Still than any player that would be an impact player will do.
    Official Chiefs Crowd Historian

if we trade down we will not get him. i wont be suprised if hes taken before us anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by jason1981 View Post
    if we trade down we will not get him. i wont be suprised if hes taken before us anyways.
    I'd be surprised if someone before us takes him but it's perfectly fine with me if someone does. I know DT is probably our biggest need but at pick 11 I'd much rather take Decastro or Kuechly. Poe is just too big a risk for me with the 11th pick.
    Last edited by Chiefs fanatic; 03-29-2012 at 09:45 PM.

If he were to fall to us in the 2nd, I would not mind so much, but not at 11 overall. He has the high potential to be the missing lovechild of Ryan Sims and Vernon Gholston. He also could pan out very well but too high risk in my eyes.

if we take poe at 11 i'll send hate mail to pioli!!!
    Official Chiefs Crowd Historian

I read it on espn.com and am too lazy to provide a link. The college coaches at memphis admittrd to not coaching him properly and praised for handling.the situation in which he did given the circumstance. His first year of organized football was his freshman year so hes been playing organized football for what six years. If u dont know what ur job is ur gonna look foolish regardless of competiron level, how he interviews will determine his draft status. Hes massive and has a high ceiling. Article did say hes a second rounder though so u dont place too much expectation on him he will need to be babied.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    As long as Barry richardson is gone i will be happy!!
    Even with an empty cooler?
    SHUT IT

1 sack against an unknown team. No thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    Even with an empty cooler?
    If my cooler is empty that means I have a lot of beer in me!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    If my cooler is empty that means I have a lot of beer in me!!
    \

I thought you were going to say that if your cooler was empty that means the world has run out of beer.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast