Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Dontari Poe

Default Dontari Poe

I know everyone thinks we need to move up and get RGIII or draft DeCastro or Martin from Stanford...but how about we sure up our d-line and get the NT that we have been lacking since switching to the 3-4. Has anyone seen what Dontari Poe did at the combine? He is 346 lbs and ran a 4.98 40 yard dash. He also pumped out 44 reps on the bench. Comparing this guy to Haloti Ngata from the Ravens and he is bigger, faster, stronger, and performed better in every aspect of the combine except vertical jump.

What do you guys think about taking Poe with the 11th pick?

Quote Originally Posted by Bortnem View Post
    I know everyone thinks we need to move up and get RGIII or draft DeCastro or Martin from Stanford...but how about we sure up our d-line and get the NT that we have been lacking since switching to the 3-4. Has anyone seen what Dontari Poe did at the combine? He is 346 lbs and ran a 4.98 40 yard dash. He also pumped out 44 reps on the bench. Comparing this guy to Haloti Ngata from the Ravens and he is bigger, faster, stronger, and performed better in every aspect of the combine except vertical jump.

What do you guys think about taking Poe with the 11th pick?
    Only if we address RT and/or LG in free agency and take someone like Zebrie Sanders with our 2nd as a starting RT or for depth.

We've neglected our offensive side of the ball for to long. We've built up our D with draft picks and now it's time to have an offensive based draft after starting last year with Baldwin. We can go after a guy like Soliai from the Dolphins to shore up our NT position.

In theory we could do the same thing with the O-Line in free agency...maybe pick up Nicks from the Saints and then just get some depth/future starters in the later rounds of the draft while also getting the next Ngata or B.J. Raji for the future.

id be happy as long as our pick is either rt or nt at #11.

Quote Originally Posted by Bortnem View Post
    In theory we could do the same thing with the O-Line in free agency...maybe pick up Nicks from the Saints and then just get some depth/future starters in the later rounds of the draft while also getting the next Ngata or B.J. Raji for the future.
    Yep, absolutely. I think though that NT is our last major area of need. From what I've heard Soliai was offered 13 million by the Dolphins and he said he'd rather test free agency. I'm not sure if that's not enough or if he just really doesn't want to be with the Dolphins any more.

From what I've heard Nicks will be wanting 9 to 10 million a year. Granted that's 3 or 4 million more a year but in the grand scheme of things that's a drop in the bucket. I'd rather get a veteran like Soliai to be our NT and have our defense set than get an aging LG to come in with our new and young O-line.

No way. He's a workout warrior with minimal skills on the field. Played at a mid level college in Memphis and was lucky if he made 15 tackles a year. I would rather Draft RT and go after Paul Soliai from Miami in FA.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

I'd be ok with him in the 2nd or 3rd but not #11 overall... not enough value.

Obviously RT and NT were not strengths on our team last year. If the Chiefs think Powe and Mims will be the answer sometime in the future, then both positions could be addressed in free agency by players with 2 or 3 good years left in them and give Powe and Mims time to develop. It will be interesting to see which way they go.
    The Chiefs are Back!

Quote Originally Posted by GarH View Post
    Obviously RT and NT were not strengths on our team last year. If the Chiefs think Powe and Mims will be the answer sometime in the future, then both positions could be addressed in free agency by players with 2 or 3 good years left in them and give Powe and Mims time to develop. It will be interesting to see which way they go.
    As long as Barry richardson is gone i will be happy!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Obviously Richardson needs to be replaced.
    The Chiefs are Back!

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast