Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Hines Ward Released from Steelers

Default Hines Ward Released from Steelers

...I think he should be a consideration for the Chiefs!

Wow. Be amazing if they could resign bowe, sign manning, and then sign wayne/ward

Yep...he has lost a step but he is a GAMER and would be a good mentor for the current WR corp.

Quote Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan View Post
    Wow. Be amazing if they could resign bowe, sign manning, and then sign wayne/ward
    That would be great if we got the 2009 Hines Ward. A 36 yr old QB throwing to a 36 yr old receiver; that's not exactly building for the future. Haven't we already tried taking on other teams old, washed-up rejects? How did that work out for us?
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Nah. I'd pass on him!

Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    That would be great if we got the 2009 Hines Ward. A 36 yr old QB throwing to a 36 yr old receiver; that's not exactly building for the future. Haven't we already tried taking on other teams old, washed-up rejects? How did that work out for us?
    In at least one instance, it got us to the AFC Championship.

I'd take a chance on him. That said I find it extremely unfortunate the Steelers didn't just let the guy retire a Steeler. Who knows, maybe he was hoping for a release though, they weren't really playing him or gonna give him much of a shot were they.

Ah, franchise players rarely retire with the team they became a star with and go on to lose their luster elsewhere. Whatever.

I agree both ways, Hines would be a great teacher for the younger receivers. He is also a pretty good blocker, how many times you see him level someone?

But I think his days are limited, he was a great blocking wide out... but I think we need a "pass" (no pun intended) on Mr. Ward, we have more glaring concerns

Hines has no legs anymore. I saw a stat that Pro Football Focus tweeted out today that 16 of his 46 catches this year were behind the line of scrimmage. No doubt that was the Steelers helping him get to 1000 career receptions (he has 1000 on the dot right now). Of those 16, he only managed 3.8 yards. The guy just can't get open anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    You're calling Peyton Manning a Washed up Reject? Peyton manning?!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast