Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Hines Ward Released from Steelers

Default Hines Ward Released from Steelers

...I think he should be a consideration for the Chiefs!

Quote Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan View Post
    You're calling Peyton Manning a Washed up Reject? Peyton manning?!
    Both Ward and Manning are old. Ward is definitely not as good as he used to be, and right now neither is Peyton. You guys are all hoping he fully recovers but so far he hasn't. And both players have been or will be released, cut, rejected by their current/former teams, so, yeah, I stand by what I said. Until Manning can throw a ball more than 20 yards, he's "washed up."

Listen, I mean no disrespect to either player. Both were great, but every athlete's career comes to an end at some point, either because of age or injury. Either or both players may still have a good year or 2 left in them, or maybe not.

I want players who are at their peak or approaching it, not players who are past it. But that's just me, I guess.
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Quote Originally Posted by josh1971 View Post
    In at least one instance, it got us to the AFC Championship.
    Which we lost 30-13. And the Chiefs haven't won a playoff game since! I think this team has their sites set just a little higher than that!

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    Both Ward and Manning are old. Ward is definitely not as good as he used to be, and right now neither is Peyton. You guys are all hoping he fully recovers but so far he hasn't. And both players have been or will be released, cut, rejected by their current/former teams, so, yeah, I stand by what I said. Until Manning can throw a ball more than 20 yards, he's "washed up."

Listen, I mean no disrespect to either player. Both were great, but every athlete's career comes to an end at some point, either because of age or injury. Either or both players may still have a good year or 2 left in them, or maybe not.

I want players who are at their peak or approaching it, not players who are past it. But that's just me, I guess.
    Think about it. It's PEYTON MANNING. Even if we only gte 1 year or less it's worth the shot. He's said he's willing to sign a performance based contract.

I'm gonna have to agree. As of now he is washed up. Until we see what he can do he is washed up.

Hines Ward is not worth it. He's past his prime, and I can see him as a back up receiver that makes just a few catches a game.

Quote Originally Posted by TecmoNightmare View Post
    Hines Ward is not worth it. He's past his prime, and I can see him as a back up receiver that makes just a few catches a game.
    He is worth it but he would not be a starter. Certain packages would give him opportunities and he would mentor the guys we have and our #1 could use it. Especially with the dropped ball issues and stepping up his game.

He could be signed for cheap...Which plays to the Chiefs LMAO

That's not just you brother.

Quote Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan View Post
    Think about it. It's PEYTON MANNING. Even if we only gte 1 year or less it's worth the shot. He's said he's willing to sign a performance based contract.
    Again this was PEYTON MANNING two years ago. As someone that's his age I can tell you that everything starts sliding reeeeal fast once you hit your 30's. Am I comparing myself to a NFL player? Of course not, that'd be absurd. But aging is aging at any level. Peyton also had season ending surgery and had three of them at that. Not to mention look at how sluggish the NFL was after the lockout because of missed OTA's and other in general training programs for three to four months. Manning has missed a year and a half of those!

I'll compare Manning to Jordan coming back the second time. You remember how great he was but when he started playing again you really just wish the guy had stayed retired so you could keep that memory of an all star. Maybe I'm wrong but the stats tend to show I'm right.

Quote Originally Posted by OPLookn View Post
    I'll compare Manning to Jordan coming back the second time. You remember how great he was but when he started playing again you really just wish the guy had stayed retired so you could keep that memory of an all star. Maybe I'm wrong but the stats tend to show I'm right.
    Yeah, do you remember Jordan as a Washington Wizard?

Neither do I!

Yeah, do you remember Jordan as a Washington Wizard?

Neither do I!
    Yea...That was his 3rd comeback..Not immensley memorable.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast