Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Hines Ward Released from Steelers

Default Hines Ward Released from Steelers

...I think he should be a consideration for the Chiefs!

He was 38 after a 2 year layoff.

in his last seaon (02 and 03) Jordan ended that season as the only Wizard to play in all 82 games, as he averaged 20.0 points,[5] 6.1 rebounds, 3.8 assists, and 1.5 steals in 37.0 minutes per game.

Not bad for an old broken down fart lol

wow were not comparing hines ward to mj are we? i say no to ward, hes slow, was a no show the last two seasons, has issues with the law all hed do is blind side some defensive players if hed ever even get on the field

Quote Originally Posted by dbolan View Post
    Yea...That was his 3rd comeback..Not immensley memorable.
    It was only his 2nd comeback. Jordan was drafted by Chicago in 84 and played til the end of the 1993 season. He then came back to Chicago in 94 and played til 98.

Then in 2001 he came in to play with the Washington Wizards for two years before hanging it up forever.

If only he would have quit playing after his three peat in 95, 96 and 97 (ending in 1998). The guy would have been cemented in history with no doubts. Instead we have your second thread...remember when that over the hill basketball player came back and was a glimmer of his former self...sigh. I loved Jordan.

Quote Originally Posted by whackojacko58 View Post
    wow were not comparing hines ward to mj are we? i say no to ward, hes slow, was a no show the last two seasons, has issues with the law all hed do is blind side some defensive players if hed ever even get on the field
    No we are definitely not comparing Ward to Jordan. I'm also a no on Ward coming here. Although he does have the Arrowhead chop down. Remember when he pulled that in the game where we came back and beat them? Loved that game...s*ck it Ward!

Quote Originally Posted by OPLookn View Post
    It was only his 2nd comeback. Jordan was drafted by Chicago in 84 and played til the end of the 1993 season. He then came back to Chicago in 94 and played til 98.

Then in 2001 he came in to play with the Washington Wizards for two years before hanging it up forever.

If only he would have quit playing after his three peat in 95, 96 and 97 (ending in 1998). The guy would have been cemented in history with no doubts. Instead we have your second thread...remember when that over the hill basketball player came back and was a glimmer of his former self...sigh. I loved Jordan.
    Micheal was still quite amazing with The Wizards.

He was not playing full time. But he was exceptional, and still did things that are just not realistic.

If you missed it, then that's your loss. But he was still Micheal Jordan.

And, even had he been as mediocre as you suggest, then it has absolutely nothing do with how incredible he was with The Bulls.

Going out on top is for quitters.

A true champion fights 'til the bitter end.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Micheal was still quite amazing with The Wizards.

He was not playing full time. But he was exceptional, and still did things that are just not realistic.

If you missed it, then that's your loss. But he was still Micheal Jordan.

And, even had he been as mediocre as you suggest, then it has absolutely nothing do with how incredible he was with The Bulls.

Going out on top is for quitters.

A true champion fights 'til the bitter end.
    Agreed. Jordan was still above average with the Wizards, but he was just another really good player at that point. He was no longer "Air" Jordan.

I can't blame him for wanting to continue to play when he was past his prime, though. It was that competitive drive, that hunger to be the best, that made him what he was in the first place.

And it takes nothing away from what he did with the Bulls, IMO. It doesn't "taint" his legacy. It was just an epilogue to an outstanding career that added nothing and took away nothing.
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    It was just an epilogue to an outstanding career that added nothing and took away nothing.
    Actually that last all star game where he could have made MVP was a nice touch for me. He should have had last shot for the win.

Damn, now there's a player that will be missed by almost everyone.

Can't compare Hines Ward to Michael Jordan, sorry.

Two different sports, and MJ hands down was the greatest basketball player of all time for my opinion. I wouldn't even put Hines Ward in the top 10 of best receivers of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by TecmoNightmare View Post
    Can't compare Hines Ward to Michael Jordan, sorry.

Two different sports, and MJ hands down was the greatest basketball player of all time for my opinion. I wouldn't even put Hines Ward in the top 10 of best receivers of all time.
    If you made up that list for "all around" receivers he makes it in my book. I'm talking about a team player, blocker, hard worker carry his lunch to work kind of player. Not too many receivers can (could) block like Hines. Tough dude.

Quote Originally Posted by AkChief49 View Post
    If you made up that list for "all around" receivers he makes it in my book. I'm talking about a team player, blocker, hard worker carry his lunch to work kind of player. Not too many receivers can (could) block like Hines. Tough dude.

AK, I agree with you and just to add a little to your post:

Not many WR's WILL block like Hines Ward.

Ward is done. He scored two touchdowns last year, both in one game. He was a great player, but not worth wasting an active spot on the roster over.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast