Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Drew Brees

Default Drew Brees

According to ESPN NFL 32, Brees and the Saints are MILES apart on an agreement!

I would sign him in a heartbeat!! Along with him, Colston could come along!

Quote Originally Posted by dbolan View Post
    According to ESPN NFL 32, Brees and the Saints are MILES apart on an agreement!

I would sign him in a heartbeat!! Along with him, Colston could come along!
    They don't need to reach an agreement. 100% guaranteed franchise tag.
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    They don't need to reach an agreement. 100% guaranteed franchise tag.
    Debbie Downer???

True, but you NEVER know about business, right?

Quote Originally Posted by dbolan View Post
    Debbie Downer???

True, but you NEVER know about business, right?
    I'm not a betting man (Texas Hold-em isn't gambling. It's just waiting for your opportunity!), but if I were, I would bet that Brees is in a Saints uni this year and probably next year, too. Their Back-up QB is Chase Daniel and I don't see them making a move for RGIII.

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Well, if they HAVE to franchise Brees. That means they will not be able to franchise their left guard, (Carl Nicks) which means we have a better chance of signing him to our team!

I cant imagine him not returning to the Saints, but in the amazing situation where he doesn't yes I would sign him, no doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan View Post
    I cant imagine him not returning to the Saints, but in the amazing situation where he doesn't yes I would sign him, no doubt.
    Oh, absolutely. But there will be a number of teams bidding for his services.

Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    Oh, absolutely. But there will be a number of teams bidding for his services.
    True. Even with a huge amount of cap space, it'd be hard to compete with (I'm guessing) the amount of teams trying to sign him

Saints fan here.

I'm pretty sure Brees is returning. They will figure something out, and we should never get rid of him just for the sole reason the man gave us our Super Bowl a few years ago.

What I am worried about is Colston and some of the Saints WR's. There is interest in Randy Moss coming, which I am praying is just a joke, but more than anything our offense is pretty stacked. Sproles, Thomas, Graham, Moore, and Colston. I'm really more concerned about our defense.

Down in a hole 17-0, we managed to come back and nearly beat the 49ers until our defense gave up and let them drive down the field and win it. Not trying to be a sore loser or take anything from the 49ers but I felt like we got totally robbed in that game after coming back from being down so far, and our defense is to blame for making Alex Smith look like Steve Young running for that 25 TD, and then driving them down the field to win the game in the end.

I was wondering who would start this thread up. lol Brees is going to end up in a Saints uniform. He has said so numerous times before it even got close. The same article you mentioned dbolan also says that Brees possibly won't be happy if they franchise him too. They've got just under 2 weeks before free agency happens. My guess is that Brees won't be tagged but you'll see a "miracle" deal worked out late next week or sometime on the 12th.

As someone else said, if for some reason they are forced to tag Brees that lets Nicks hit the market. Game on!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast