Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NFL.com: Manning's perfect match exists in Kansas City

Default NFL.com: Manning's perfect match exists in Kansas City

Manning's perfect match exists in Kansas City

An article on the front page of NFL.com...Why Manning Fits in KC!

Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    I agree that the Chiefs would be a great fit for Manning. I'm just still not fully convinced that Manning would be a good fit for the Chiefs.

I'm not completely opposed to the idea. I even suggested a contract for him that I could live with in another thread.

I did find these quotes interesting:

Why is a band-aid good for us and bad for other teams? Their wounds are just as bad as ours is.
    Two words ...ricki stanzi.

This manning to kc is gaining traction espn.com lead article is comparing manning to montana and why kc is the best place. Best team most money and familiarity.

Where Manning Goes – Reggie Wayne Will Follow. a deal sweetner???
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

Quote Originally Posted by kcvet View Post
    Where Manning Goes – Reggie Wayne Will Follow. a deal sweetner???
    Only if we dont want to pay D. Bowe. Id rather have D.Bowe, Breaston, Baldwin and Mccluster. Wayne doesnt seem to fit in anywhere unless we demote someone or cut someone.

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post
    Only if we dont want to pay D. Bowe. Id rather have D.Bowe, Breaston, Baldwin and Mccluster. Wayne doesnt seem to fit in anywhere unless we demote someone or cut someone.
    If Pioli wants Manning he'll make Wayne fit in. and who wouldnt??? Waynes' not the drop and smile type. pretty impressive stats with manning.

CAREER HIGHLIGHTS: Started 16 games at WR for fifth consecutive season in 2007 and continues to establish himself as one of league’s top players at position…was selected to second career Pro Bowl in 2007, his first as starter…is 494-6,984, 47 TDs career receiving…ranks 3rd in Colts receptions (1,042, Marvin Harrison; 631, Raymond Berry), 3rd in receiving yards (13,944, Harrison; 9,275, Berry), and 5th in receiving TDs (123, Harrison; 68, Berry; 50, Jimmy Orr; 48, Lenny Moore)…owns four 1,000+ seasons (2004-07), 22 100+ games, seven double-digit reception outings, seven multiple-TD games and one 3+-TD game…was 104-1,510, 10 TDs receiving in 2007, marking career-best reception and yardage totals… seasonal reception totals have increased each season with club, and he became third player in NFL history to increase total in first seven seasons of career (Berry, 1955-61; Shawn Jefferson, 1991-1997)…became 16th NFL player with 1,500+ reception yardage season…has receptions in 103 of 109 career games and has played in 102 consecutive games…has had multiple receptions in 77 of last 80 games…has paired with QB-Peyton Manning on 46 TD passes, 2nd-most among active NFL QB-WR duos (107, Manning-Harrison)…is 62-834, 7 TDs in 12 career post-season outings…leads franchise in post-season TDs and is tied with Harrison for most receptions…also ranks 3rd in franchise post-season points with 44 (55, Adam Vinatieri; 54, Mike Vanderjagt), 1st among non-kickers.

can Bowe, or any of our WR's equal this??? maybe in time. but we're in one big hurry to put it all together right now

story

• Kansas City. The Chiefs seem much more likely to build around Matt Cassel and a free-agent import to compete with him, and keep Jonathan Baldwin and Dwayne Bowe. But Peyton Manning can make teams do things they never foresaw.
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

Peyton Manning is not really a band-aid.

If you had Peyton Manning, Drew Brees, Tom Brady, and Aaron Rodgers, you probably wind-up starting Peyton Manning.

Tags have to be used by Monday, so kinda leaves one to wonder if Pioli has a plan......

If Wayne follows Manning along for the ride, like already said, the coaches would find a way.

If you noticed mid-way through the season, Baldwin was lining up at TE. Baldwin, certainly has the height and weight to be a TE, and while he would need to block much better, I could see it working. That would free up a spot at WR for Wayne and move Breaston into the slot.

Moeaki would get less time in 2 RB sets, but he'd still see plenty of snaps. If Wayne wants to come, I'd welcome him with open arms.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12