Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NFL.com: Manning's perfect match exists in Kansas City

Default NFL.com: Manning's perfect match exists in Kansas City

Manning's perfect match exists in Kansas City

An article on the front page of NFL.com...Why Manning Fits in KC!

This could get interesting over the next week or so.....

yes it could..1 week from today is the deadline for the colts to have to pick up that $28 mil option...

so something could happen pretty quick

boy sounds like something ive heard or seen....hmm... like a month ago... oh yea!! i've said all this for a month lol. I love seeing this article, i believe the chiefs are serious about bringing in competition. I don't see them putting up info about manning and rg3 to just resign orton. Theres no need for a smoke screen like this to pick up a average qb. not saying ortons bad but we know what cassel and orton bring to the table. so i feel kc will land someone so can't wait for next week to come, then the start of free agency.

I agree that the Chiefs would be a great fit for Manning. I'm just still not fully convinced that Manning would be a good fit for the Chiefs.

I'm not completely opposed to the idea. I even suggested a contract for him that I could live with in another thread.

I did find these quotes interesting:
    Washington Redskins: ... Signing Manning would be a band-aid. Still like the Chiefs better.

Seattle Seahawks: The Seahawks aren't into band-aids at this point. "I just know if you panic at the position, it can set the organization back. So we're not going to do that," GM John Schneider said last week.
    Why is a band-aid good for us and bad for other teams? Their wounds are just as bad as ours is.
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    I agree that the Chiefs would be a great fit for Manning. I'm just still not fully convinced that Manning would be a good fit for the Chiefs.

I'm not completely opposed to the idea. I even suggested a contract for him that I could live with in another thread.

Why is a band-aid good for us and bad for other teams? Their wounds are just as bad as ours is.
    I think the reason the guy thinks that it'd be a good fit for us is that we've had a bunch of young guys playing for a couple of years and they're getting to the point of coming up on contracts. Bowe and Carr are prime examples. Albert and Dorsey next year, etc. Manning comes in and all of our free agents say dang! the Chiefs are going to be contenders and want to win now. It also allows us to groom a QB for a few years and then put him in (Stanzi or someone else).

The others I think we can agree that they aren't ready for any kind of playoff run. Maybe Seattle but not with San Fran looking the way they were last year.

Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post

What young QB exists on the Redskins or Seahawks roster? The Redskins NEED a young QB in the draft, which won't be happening if they sign Manning. Same goes with the Seahawks, but they're much too far down.

The Chiefs aren't in great position by any means, but at least they have Stanzi and the chance to take a Tannehill in the first or a Foles in the 2nd. The Redskins and Seahawks both need WR help in a big way, as well as play-makers in general.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by OPLookn View Post
    I think the reason the guy thinks that it'd be a good fit for us is that we've had a bunch of young guys playing for a couple of years and they're getting to the point of coming up on contracts. Bowe and Carr are prime examples. Albert and Dorsey next year, etc. Manning comes in and all of our free agents say dang! the Chiefs are going to be contenders and want to win now. It also allows us to groom a QB for a few years and then put him in (Stanzi or someone else).

The others I think we can agree that they aren't ready for any kind of playoff run. Maybe Seattle but not with San Fran looking the way they were last year.
    This could be true, it also gives us some extra time to groom Stanzi or whom ever to take over when Manning leaves....

Exactly. The chiefs are more set at other positions than the other teams looking to sign Manning

I agree with the explanation of the "band-aid" quotes...

The reason Manning Fits, it because we are ready for a playoff run right now, without having too many gaping holes at positions across our roster (not saying we don't have any holes to fill).

The Redskins have a number of different needs and just adding Manning alone won't be enough, plus I doubt Peyton wants to have to compete with Eli every year to make the playoffs. That divisions is tougher to win then the AFC West.

Adding Manning instantly makes us a dangerous team in the AFC which is to be honest with you, has less elite teams standing in the way of a Super Bowl berth than the NFC (Pats who made the SB this year because of opponents shooting themselves in the foot, and a watered down AFC side of the bracket...Ravens...Texans..who else. Not to many)

I think Manning wants to be in the AFC. The NFC's road to a super bowl requires him to possibly go through teams like San Fran, Green Bay, NYG, Saints, Bears, Lions, Cowboys, Eagles, Atlanta..It's a much tougher road to travel than the AFC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast