Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tecmo Super Bowl

Default Tecmo Super Bowl

Does anyone else play Tecmo here?

I started to really dig the Chiefs in recent years thanks to this game.

I finished a season in both the original SNES and TSB III for SNES with the #1 ranked Overall defense, #1 ranked pass defense and #2 ranked rush defense (#4 on the first Tecmo)

There is no defense that comes close to this unit in the game, except for the Saints and Cowboys (Saints Dome Patrol era, Dallas in their prime with Charles Haley and Ken Norton)

Sorry I think Im a bit young to have played those games. You play Madden?

I LOVE TECMO. I play it alot still. It's fun to rember what games were like way back when
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Cool tecmo bowl

Tecmo bowl was awesome on the NES and on the SNES. I recently got the newest version on PSN

Quote Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan View Post
    Sorry I think Im a bit young to have played those games. You play Madden?

I played Madden when I was a kid, probably last one I played was Madden 2002.

I can't really play those games anymore, they are too fast paced for me. I did buy Madden 10 after the Saints won the Super Bowl for my PSP, and I struggled greatly with it. It always makes me feel like I am the quarterback rather than the coach, and I am more of a run first, pass second type player that relies heavily on defense.

You should totally play Tecmo Bowl though, the games rock!

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Concerns View Post
    Tecmo bowl was awesome on the NES and on the SNES. I recently got the newest version on PSN

Is that any good? I was wanting to check it out.

Somebody a while back told me there is a Playstation version that is based on the 1996 or 1997 season with updated graphics, and I have been curious to check that out.

Cool tecmo bowl

Quote Originally Posted by TecmoNightmare View Post
    Is that any good? I was wanting to check it out.

Somebody a while back told me there is a Playstation version that is based on the 1996 or 1997 season with updated graphics, and I have been curious to check that out.
    It's a good game. Allows the user to switch back and forth between a newer view and the original. There is no NFL licensing though, so just generic teams and players. Not sure why though as the new Blitz was able to obtain the NFL license

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Concerns View Post
    It's a good game. Allows the user to switch back and forth between a newer view and the original. There is no NFL licensing though, so just generic teams and players. Not sure why though as the new Blitz was able to obtain the NFL license

Working in the gameing world I can answer this one. The old blitz was not made by EA so when EA locked up the rights Midway could no longer make it with NFL teams. The new Blitz is a EA sports game so they have the license to make it with NFL players going along with there Madden license.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by TecmoNightmare View Post
    I played Madden when I was a kid, probably last one I played was Madden 2002.

I can't really play those games anymore, they are too fast paced for me. I did buy Madden 10 after the Saints won the Super Bowl for my PSP, and I struggled greatly with it. It always makes me feel like I am the quarterback rather than the coach, and I am more of a run first, pass second type player that relies heavily on defense.

You should totally play Tecmo Bowl though, the games rock!
    Are there any tecmo games on ps2, ps3 or pc? theyre the consoles i have.

I loved Tecmo Bowl when I was young.

The Chiefs and The Steelers were easily the best two teams there were.

All you needed was Okoye and DT, and there would never be any way to lose.

And The Steelers had Rod Woodson running down on kickoffs, getting the ball on about half of them.

And Greg Lloyd was your QB killer.

Barry Sanders was also exceptional. But they did not have as quick a pass-rusher.

That was a great game.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast