Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Best fit for Matt Flyn according to NFL Network

Default Best fit for Matt Flyn according to NFL Network

According to NFL Network Miami is the best fit for Flyn. If they sign him, we get a better shot at Manning due to Miami also being a contender for him.

I am thinking that Manning will be signed before free agency starts. He will be able to sign because he will be cut from anther team. I don't see him being on the market for more then a couple of days. There's going to be many teams lined up to try to get him. I think we are going to be one. If Flynn does hit the market and the Packers don't franchise him then he's going to get a ton of offers from the teams that don't end up with Peyton. I would much rather having Peyton myself. Flynn just has not proven he be a good starter for a whole season.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    I am thinking that Manning will be signed before free agency starts. He will be able to sign because he will be cut from anther team. I don't see him being on the market for more then a couple of days. There's going to be many teams lined up to try to get him. I think we are going to be one. If Flynn does hit the market and the Packers don't franchise him then he's going to get a ton of offers from the teams that don't end up with Peyton. I would much rather having Peyton myself. Flynn just has not proven he be a good starter for a whole season.
    I agree. Manning will go very quick. I hope FLyn goes before him though is 1 team is out of the way. Miami WOULD be good, because they ARE in the hunt for manning

I would see Flynn in Miami before Manning, since Philbin went there, who was offensive coordinator in Green Bay.

Quote Originally Posted by TecmoNightmare View Post
    I would see Flynn in Miami before Manning, since Philbin went there, who was offensive coordinator in Green Bay.
    Hope this happens.

has anyone considered the colts sign flynn and trade their pick
    Official Chiefs Crowd Historian

Has anyone considered signing Flynn and not taking Manning?

Quote Originally Posted by chiefnut View Post
    has anyone considered the colts sign flynn and trade their pick
    Wow, had NOT thought about that. That was like watching the movie The Matrix for the first time when you wrapped your head around the idea that humans were the battery powering the machines. Sorry for ruining the movie for anyone...then again if you haven't watched it by now...

At any rate. I don't think this is as big of a thing for the Colts to try to do. The Colts have their pick and from everything I've read or heard most teams would be perfectly happy with the other guy not picked with the first. So I don't think they'd really have much interest. This year I think the second pick is the pick that every team wants.

Quote Originally Posted by okikcfan View Post
    Has anyone considered signing Flynn and not taking Manning?

Lol you want another cassel experiment? Hows that worked for us.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    It could happen, but that is expecting a lot. There's only 4 days between the day Manning is due his money, and Free agency beginning. There's a ton that goes into contract negotiations, and it's a lot to do in 4 days considering the travel Manning will have to do.

I think he takes his time with this decision. He want's to be sure that he is making the right decision because he knows this will be his last chance to cement his name as one of the best, and make another super bowl run. He will cover all his basis before a decision, I think it's at least 1.5-2 weeks before we hear who he signs with.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast