View Poll Results: Who would you keep and who would you trade?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Keep Carr trade Bowe

15 68.18%
  • Keep Bowe trade Carr

7 31.82%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hypothetical scenario

Default Hypothetical scenario

If we could sign one player between Carr and Bowe and tag the other but ending trading them for a 1st round pick which might be possible considering they both are the best FA at their position. Which would you keep and which would you trade?

Cool Keep Carr

I actually see this being a possibility. If we ended up losing Bowe, we could always draft a fill-in/replacement and sign a veteran free agent, maybe Wayne or Colston, to help him along.

I think Bowe is better at his position then Carr but we have more depth at the WR position then we do at the CB position if we lose Bowe we have Baldwin and Breaston we could easily pick up a very good WR whereas at CB we are already needing depth so losing Carr would be devastating. I really like to watch Bowe but I think it would be worse for the team if we lost Carr. I think if we can trade Bowe for a first and pick up and pick up Martin and Decastro I'd be stoked.

Quote Originally Posted by figcrostic View Post
    I think Bowe is better at his position then Carr but we have more depth at the WR position then we do at the CB position if we lose Bowe we have Baldwin and Breaston we could easily pick up a very good WR whereas at CB we are already needing depth so losing Carr would be devastating. I really like to watch Bowe but I think it would be worse for the team if we lost Carr. I think if we can trade Bowe for a first and pick up and pick up Martin and Decastro I'd be stoked.

I agree Carr is more valuable to us, We have spent a huge amout of money on the defense and with Carr we are a very good defense, Take Carr away and the rest of the defense will not be the same and will not be nearly as complete as they are with him. If we make the playoffs it will be because of the defense and not because we have a great passing game.

It's easier to find good WR than CB.
    The best Chilean fan.
    Follow me on twitter @ChileanChief

You know what I just thought of?

Neither of these scenarios are possible..Both are Free Agents so we can't trade them...

The only way this could happen is if we signed one and Franchised the other, which why would we want to trade them if we have both locked up for next season...that is the point right? to keep both on the roster.

You forgot the "Keep both" option.

Bowe would be the more difficult player to replace, even with 1st round Baldwin already in the fold.

And Bowe would be worth more in a trade.

That leaves me with trading Carr for a first, as I think we get the better trade value, and the easier replacement.

Not that I think it would be easy to replace Carr. It would not.

But, we have not a WR do as much as Bowe has done, in 25-30 years?

We had a CB do what Carr does last year.

Not to mention, I think our defense could afford such a loss better than our offense. Our offense was poor in 2011, even with Bowe. I expect improvement would be hindered by his loss.

And then there's Javier Arenas. He has done well when he has been on the field. I don't think there is as big of an immediate impact from that change, as there would likely be going from Bowe to Baldwin.

Though, I expect to be losing Bowe, no matter what.

I've never been Carr's biggest fan but I was happy with the progress he made this year. I highly doubt that Brandin Carr's stock will ever be as high as it is today. So based on your question, I'd vote to trade Carr(especially if we could get a 1st rd pick) and keep Bowe. I agree with Chief31, replacing a corner is easier than replacing a guy like Dwayne Bowe.

I admit completely that I'm partial to Bowe, therefore could never vote to trade him, regardless.

I don't want to lose Carr either, but if it comes down to a choice between the two...I'm keeping Bowe!!

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast