Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Defense's weakness

Default The Defense's weakness

I think it's obvious now, isn't it? This defense can't stop the run at ALL. Ahman Green ran on them pretty good, Peterson ran all over them, LT got his first 100+ yard rushing game against them, in just one half, and now Jones-Drew and Taylor are running all over our Defense. If we're gonna be a great defense, this team has GOT to get better against the run.

The consolation is that you have 2 games against a horrible Denver team, and one more against San Diego @ Arrowhead. That's 3 winnable games there. You have Cincy, Detroit, NYJ & Tenn on the schedule. If you win the games you only have to pick up one real upset to win 10 games (likely winning the division with that record).

If the O-line looks bad this weekend, then you can start hitting the panic button.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

Quote Originally Posted by rbedgood View Post
    The consolation is that you have 2 games against a horrible Denver team, and one more against San Diego @ Arrowhead. That's 3 winnable games there. You have Cincy, Detroit, NYJ & Tenn on the schedule. If you win the games you only have to pick up one real upset to win 10 games (likely winning the division with that record).

If the O-line looks bad this weekend, then you can start hitting the panic button.
    Haven't hit the panic button yet, as I have said many times we are still tied for second with 3 teams, we are still in it.

I just want to not see this offensive breakdown every week.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Illinois... No longer .. Finally back home Blue Springs MO

Depends if it is the San Diego we played or the one Denver played. And I am still not sure that the Oakland games would be considered a real upset, especially the one at home. But again why not focus on going all the way not just making the playoffs, it is like teasing a little kid with candy then giving them one M&M. just not filling after a while.

Quote Originally Posted by bryonc View Post
    Depends if it is the San Diego we played or the one Denver played. And I am still not sure that the Oakland games would be considered a real upset, especially the one at home. But again why not focus on going all the way not just making the playoffs, it is like teasing a little kid with candy then giving them one M&M. just not filling after a while.
    Ahem... the Enter button... ahem...
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Illinois... No longer .. Finally back home Blue Springs MO

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    Ahem... the Enter button... ahem...
    Come

On

HH

That

Wasnt

That

Long

Quote Originally Posted by bryonc View Post
    Come

On

HH

That

Wasnt

That

Long
    Goodone!

The Titans aren't really a gimme, however, they're a team we're capable of beating. I'm really worried about Oakland. The only thing shaking the doubt of how we'll do against them is the fact that they haven't really beaten anyone. I don't think the Lions are a gimme either. Their defense isn't very good, but their offense is very good, with the exception of their performance against the Skins. Not to mention it's on the road.

Every D's weakness can be summed up in two words:

PRIEST HOLMES
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

I really think what it is going to boil down to is whoever has the best record against the AFC West teams is going to win the AFC West. Yes, i know it doesnt exactly work that way....the best record in the AFC WEST moves on....but I think this year, whoever wins the most division games is probably gonna be on top. So we need to REALLY WORRY ABOUT our games against SD, LA RAY, and DA BRONCS. If we can have the best record against division opponents (1-0 right now) i think we will get that playoff spot.

WE SHALL SEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it is gonna be tough. We have just as much a chance to win as we have to lose.

whoever does win out of the afc west will lose first round in the playoffs though.

Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post
    The Titans aren't really a gimme, however, they're a team we're capable of beating. I'm really worried about Oakland. The only thing shaking the doubt of how we'll do against them is the fact that they haven't really beaten anyone. I don't think the Lions are a gimme either. Their defense isn't very good, but their offense is very good, with the exception of their performance against the Skins. Not to mention it's on the road.
    I didn't include Oakland as a gimme. I figure between Oakland and TN one is a win at least and I counted the one I liked better. Tennessee hasn't looked very good since week 1. As for the Lions Kitna=Huard. Career back-up that is now the #1, the key is KC has the pass rush to upset Kitna.

As for which San Diego will show up...I don't think San Diego played much different against Denver than they did KC...the difference is that Denver's defense is that much worse than KC's.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12