Page 9 of 29 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome aboard the Manning train

Exclamation Welcome aboard the Manning train

The Decision.....of 2012 atleast is almost upon us, to stay a colt or not stay a colt, that is the question.

Quote Originally Posted by okikcfan View Post
    Yes it is a facebook page and yes it has everything to do with The Chiefs. It's all Chiefs Fans
    If you are talking about this facebook page, http://www.facebook.com/events/347116555303420/, I checked the posts going back to Dec. 20, of last year (which appears to be the date the page was started) and I could find no mention of the Chiefs, Kansas City or Arrowhead Stadium, much less anything about Manning visiting KC.
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Quote Originally Posted by My Man Orton View Post
    Pretty much restating my post from earlier but here it is....

- Arizona plays in a dome

-Warm Weather, he hates the cold

-Mannings former QB coach is now there

-Weak Division

They went to the super bowl with Warner a few years ago, they still have the talent to do so with a capable qb.

Chiefs +/-

Cold Weather

Play on grass

Talented team

Even though we signed routte we wont Sign Reggie Wayne or Jeff Saturday, no idea why saturday actually makes sense here.

-San Diego, if you look at peytons history he doesnt have a great W/L record against the bolts.

I dont think he will end up in miami because of tom brady, I dont think he wants to play in a tough division like the AFC East.

I do think it is between AZ and us, with AZ being the leader, i may be wrong but that is the way i am seeing it
    If you are looking at pro and cons dont forget that Manning does not want to go to the NFC because he does now want to play against his brother unless its in the super bowl.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

every team is blowing smoke about the draft manning and everything else including us, i think were going to remain really quiet we let manning know hey were interested come visit if youd like which manning dosen't want all the attention hed get at dc, miami, ny. i think on a checklist foundation we get a 100/100. its a great fit.

to those complaining about all the manning threads, hello have you not been around for any huge news to possibly affect our great kingdom??? drafts recently, plenty of berry threads, free agency um ty law. it happens whenever theres big news,

So, we sign Manning.

Do y'all remember when we traded for Cassel, that he was slapped with the franchise tag first?

What do y'all think the package coming back to KC would look like if they decided to sign Reggie Wayne and trade away Dwayne Bowe?

I think you're looking at a baseline of a first rounder... but where in the first round? As you know (or SHOULD know), draft positions are placed on a point scale to help establish what their value is. So, what would Bowe's value be?

Personally, I think Bowe would be worth the #12-#16 overall pick. I know Jap thinks Dorsey is worth a late first. I'd put him in the 26-32 range. So, let's say we put Bowe in the middle and gets #14 overall value at 1100pts. Now, we put Dorsey in the middle and he gets #29 value at 640pts. That gives the Chiefs 1740 pts to play with... PLUS, their #11 overall pick.

We've signed Manning and the general feeling around the league is that he's a package deal with Wayne (who replaces Bowe). I realize Bowe may be the better of the two WRs and probably has the better upside going forward, but I'm making Manning happy... and in keeping with that theme, I pick up the phone and call St. Louis who has the #2 overall pick and who also has needs at WR AND 4-3 DT. The #2 overall pick is worth 2600 points.

The Rams get:
    #11 overall (1st rd) 1250pts
    Dwayne Bowe 1100pts
    Glenn Dorsey 640pts

Total points (2990)

The Chiefs get:
    #2 overall (1st rd) 2600 pts
    #33 overall (1st pick 2nd rd) 380pts
    #194 overall 13.2 pts (7th rd)

Total points (2993)

The deal comes out to a 3 pt difference which could be made up by boosting the values of Dorsey and/or Bowe a touch.

With the 2nd pick in the draft, the Chiefs take LT Matt Kalil before the Vikings get the chance.

#33 overall the Chiefs take C Peter Konz

#44 overall the Chiefs take ILB Mychal Kendricks

Kalil, Asomoah, Konz, Hudson, Albert, Moeaki
    Manning
    Wayne, Baldwin, Breaston
    Charles

The idea is to get a young, talented offensive line to play and grow up together. Add a little depth in the middle rounds in future drafts and you've got an O-line that can protect ANY QB for a long time to come.

Just a thought.

i think you bring up some vary interesting trade posibilities. personally i can see us bringing in manning, nicks from the saints, and drafting reiff. id love to bring in wayne, but i think id be either nicks or wayne both would cost to much

chiefs 2012 in my fantasy world

ol-albert,nicks,hudson,asamoah,reiff
    wr-bowe,baldwin,breaston
    te-moeaki,draft a tight end
    qb-manning,cassel,stanzi
    fb-resign mcclain
    hb-charles,sign tolbert-battle

de-dorsey,jackson
    dt-powe,gregg
    olb-hali,houston,studebaker
    ilb-johnson,belcher,draft later
    cb-flowers,routt,arenas
    fs-berry,someone else lol
    ss-lewis,draft?

k-succoup
    p-coulquitt

kr-arenas

Quote Originally Posted by okikcfan View Post
    correct me if im wrong, are you messing with us or are you saying pioli is on his way to florida?

That is the big question? Who's on De Plain?

just trying to add to the craziness that is happening around the league arent you lol

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    So, we sign Manning.

Do y'all remember when we traded for Cassel, that he was slapped with the franchise tag first?

What do y'all think the package coming back to KC would look like if they decided to sign Reggie Wayne and trade away Dwayne Bowe?

I think you're looking at a baseline of a first rounder... but where in the first round? As you know (or SHOULD know), draft positions are placed on a point scale to help establish what their value is. So, what would Bowe's value be?

Personally, I think Bowe would be worth the #12-#16 overall pick. I know Jap thinks Dorsey is worth a late first. I'd put him in the 26-32 range. So, let's say we put Bowe in the middle and gets #14 overall value at 1100pts. Now, we put Dorsey in the middle and he gets #29 value at 640pts. That gives the Chiefs 1740 pts to play with... PLUS, their #11 overall pick.

We've signed Manning and the general feeling around the league is that he's a package deal with Wayne (who replaces Bowe). I realize Bowe may be the better of the two WRs and probably has the better upside going forward, but I'm making Manning happy... and in keeping with that theme, I pick up the phone and call St. Louis who has the #2 overall pick and who also has needs at WR AND 4-3 DT. The #2 overall pick is worth 2600 points.

The Rams get:
    #11 overall (1st rd) 1250pts
    Dwayne Bowe 1100pts
    Glenn Dorsey 640pts

Total points (2990)

The Chiefs get:
    #2 overall (1st rd) 2600 pts
    #33 overall (1st pick 2nd rd) 380pts
    #194 overall 13.2 pts (7th rd)

Total points (2993)

The deal comes out to a 3 pt difference which could be made up by boosting the values of Dorsey and/or Bowe a touch.

With the 2nd pick in the draft, the Chiefs take LT Matt Kalil before the Vikings get the chance.

#33 overall the Chiefs take C Peter Konz

#44 overall the Chiefs take ILB Mychal Kendricks

Kalil, Asomoah, Konz, Hudson, Albert, Moeaki
    Manning
    Wayne, Baldwin, Breaston
    Charles

The idea is to get a young, talented offensive line to play and grow up together. Add a little depth in the middle rounds in future drafts and you've got an O-line that can protect ANY QB for a long time to come.

Just a thought.
    Interesting trade ideas. That would probably give us one of the best and youngest OL in the league.

I see two flaws:

1) St Louis is looking for more than what the trade value chart says their pick is worth. Reportedly (according to an article I read on ESPN) they are looking for what come out to close to 3000 pts. Based on that we would have to let them keep their 2nd round pick. That wouldnt be too big of a problem since we could probably go after Nicks or Grubbs, or one of the other FA C's/Gs in the league. And honestly, I wouldnt be too upset if we didnt replace Lilja (now, if we didnt replace B.Richardson, then I would have a complaint).

2) That is giving up a lot for an offensive tackle. Granted he is one of the best in awhile, but you are losing 2 key positions (granted one is being replaced) to upgrade one position.

Another possibility to accomplish the same thing would be to trade with Minnesota directly. Why go for the #2 pick? Everyone is fighting for that pick in order to grab RG3. Why get involved in all the overbidding that is bound to happen. Trade with the Vikings. They have enough needs (specifically they need a WR and a DT) that they might be willing to take the trade the way you wrote it, and we would get to draft the same players.

Page 9 of 29 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast