Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome aboard the Manning train

Exclamation Welcome aboard the Manning train

The Decision.....of 2012 atleast is almost upon us, to stay a colt or not stay a colt, that is the question.

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Concerns View Post
    The Chargers have Phillip Rivers, the Broncos have Tim Tebow, the Raiders have Carson Palmer. Do you really think any of those teams would try to pick up Manning? Maybe Denver, but I doubt it. If he ends up in the AFC West, it will be with the Chiefs. Houston, San Fransisco, and Kansas City appear to me to be the 3 top landing spots for Peyton.

If you mean those teams are the best in weak divisions, then yes. But I dont think SF or Houston want Peyton.
    Houston seems happy with Matt Schaub and TJ Yates even did a pretty good job after being the 3rd stringer and having both the #1 and #2 QBs go down with injuries.
    SF seems pretty happy with Alex Smith's development last year under Harbaugh. He was pretty good in the playoffs.

They're saying Redskins are the worst place for Manning to go and should only be a last resort for him.

Cool Peyton Manning

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post
    If you mean those teams are the best in weak divisions, then yes. But I dont think SF or Houston want Peyton.
    Houston seems happy with Matt Schaub and TJ Yates even did a pretty good job after being the 3rd stringer and having both the #1 and #2 QBs go down with injuries.
    SF seems pretty happy with Alex Smith's development last year under Harbaugh. He was pretty good in the playoffs.
    Don't get me wrong, I think KC is the perfect fit for Manning. Just saying for the situation he's probably looking for there are 3 teams that fit the bill. 49ers have yet to re-sign Alex Smith. It does seem that they want him back though. I would love to bring in Manning, Saturday, and Wayne though. If Saturday doesn't retire, as expected.

I don't think there is any chance he ends up in KC.

I don't think that Peyton will want to step on Dan Marino's toes by going to Miami. Manning would get sick of being compared to Marino. If he comes here he will only get compared to Len Dawson................and Steve Deberg!

I hope he is healthy and the Chiefs sign him asap so he can hit the books and get to know management and the coaches.

I'd pass. Let someone else pay $30-40 million for a one year pig-in-a-poke. Besides, and I would wager serious money on this, he won't last more than 3-4 games before he becomes the world's worst(and most expensive) QB coach again. I like Peyton Manning, but he's too stupid to know the fork's done been jabbed into him.

if we don't get him i do hope none of our rivals do
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

Quote Originally Posted by kcvet View Post
    if we don't get him i do hope none of our rivals do

We won't get him.

I just don't believe that he'll land in KC. Even with an incentive based contract I think he'll come with a price tag too high for Clark. JMHO

Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast