Page 21 of 29 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome aboard the Manning train

Exclamation Welcome aboard the Manning train

The Decision.....of 2012 atleast is almost upon us, to stay a colt or not stay a colt, that is the question.

I suspect it is Miami or the Donks. Read somewhere that the deal was done with Miami long ago and all this "stuff" is just cover for tampering that went on.

I think this whole situation could be just a brilliant negotiation strategy by Condon. You've got one of the best QBs in NFL history hitting the free agent market. You know who your suitors are going to be. You've got Miami, Kansas City, and Seattle as primary suitors. So, how do you get the most buck for the bang out these 3 teams?

How bout you go visit their division rivals? Manning's interest in Arizona and Denver defies conventional logic. Are you going to go negotiate with a team in Arizona who's already $16MM OVER the cap if you're trying to get the kind of money he's asking? How bout Denver? We know they've got the cap space to pull the trigger, but they also play in the coldest stadium in the league, at the highest altitude, and already have the infallible Tim Tebow in place that you're going to have barking down your back if you happen to falter as you did early in 2010. Doesn't make too much sense.

BUT, if you put out a statement stating that your client is going to make a decision in less than a week and create a false sense of urgency around the country among front office personnel and fanbases, THEN, go and visit those places to drive up the panic and price, your chances of landing a bigger contract because of a panic move by a rival GM is more likely. We've already seen the Manning camp come out and say the decision probably won't be Tuesday afterall.

You need to be watching the other hand. These guys COULD be showing the public one thing while negotiating in private on a completely other wavelength. If I were Manning and I'm leaning towards Kansas City as the place where I want to play football, but I also want the best contract possible, why wouldn't I go visit Denver first? Why wouldn't I leak something to a Denver reporter that said the Chiefs were out? Those kinds of things are only going to raise the anxiety level at Arrowhead. If I want a contract that guarantees $12MM, why wouldn't I say I wanted $20MM?

These negotiations usually come down to who's going to blink first and Condon COULD be playing the best game of chicken in NFL history with this negotiation. He COULD be setting the pieces in position perfectly to make KC come over the top and offer the 12 or 13 Peyton realistically wants by flirting with the enemy and putting out false reports...

... or, the Chiefs really could be out of the race. All I'm saying is don't jump off the ledge yet. Look at this thing from another angle. The thing that really bothers me about Denver and Arizona is that they really aren't that great of fits for Peyton and it truly defies logic to think those two teams are the front runners considering their stadium and cap situation respectively.

I hate to say it but if Manning lands in Denver it's for money and money only. One of the things I've heard people say is he wanted warm weather and a dome...Denver...really? Glad he was willing to do a performance based contract.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    I think this whole situation could be just a brilliant negotiation strategy by Condon.

The thing that really bothers me about Denver and Arizona is that they really aren't that great of fits for Peyton and it truly defies logic to think those two teams are the front runners considering their stadium and cap situation respectively.
    Excellent post, my friend. You just earned some "rep" from me! I've never considered the "rival" angle, but it fits. I still don't think he would be interested in playing in Seattle, and their coach said they don't want to panic over the QB decision, but if there is perceived interest there, I can see using it to drive up the contract (or other perks in the final deal).

I''m still not a big fan of getting Peyton and I don't think it is likely at this point, but who doesn't love a good "conspiracy theory?"
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Funny thing.. i actually read an article talking about this same idea, but that the Chiefs were doing it to drive up the price for the Broncos...Basically to strap the team for future additions.

But I can see your angle, and I agree...There are too many reports that don't match up...I really think EVERYONE is in the dark on this entire situation...

The other thing that baffles me is that report that said manning refused to come to arrowhead for a meeting? No reason given? The Chiefs were supposedly the first to offer a "Completed Contract" to Manning and Condon..sounds like they brought their "A" Game..
    and Manning is supposedly looking for a team with high standards inside the building as well (which we have.)

but also you can't honestly tell me (all bias asside from me being a fan) that Denver or Arizona is a better place to be than KC??? Seriously???

The only thing AZ offers is a Dome and Fitzgerrald...Their D isn't good, and their O-line is even worse (gave up the most sack of any team last year)

And Denver??? has been built for an nontraditional power running offense, has a 32 year old workhorse back who is on his last leg, and has the receiving talent of an oompa loompa..I mean C'Mon Man!

something just doesn't seem right here

Well it's time to move on from Manning and work the FA with some real gusto. Manning coming to Arrowhead, bring it. We'll have ol' Archie in the stands crapin his pants for his boy.....

Quote Originally Posted by Jrudi View Post
    Funny thing.. i actually read an article talking about this same idea, but that the Chiefs were doing it to drive up the price for the Broncos...Basically to strap the team for future additions.

But I can see your angle, and I agree...There are too many reports that don't match up...I really think EVERYONE is in the dark on this entire situation...

The other thing that baffles me is that report that said manning refused to come to arrowhead for a meeting? No reason given? The Chiefs were supposedly the first to offer a "Completed Contract" to Manning and Condon..sounds like they brought their "A" Game..
    and Manning is supposedly looking for a team with high standards inside the building as well (which we have.)

but also you can't honestly tell me (all bias asside from me being a fan) that Denver or Arizona is a better place to be than KC??? Seriously???

The only thing AZ offers is a Dome and Fitzgerrald...Their D isn't good, and their O-line is even worse (gave up the most sack of any team last year)

And Denver??? has been built for an nontraditional power running offense, has a 32 year old workhorse back who is on his last leg, and has the receiving talent of an oompa loompa..I mean C'Mon Man!

something just doesn't seem right here
    Denver and Az are a good fit for medical reasons according to cj. Low humidity and high altitude increase the healing and reduce the risk of arthritis.

the donk fans are livid he's in Tennessee. they feel uh betrayed.

sure would like to know how much each club offered him
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    I think this whole situation could be just a brilliant negotiation strategy by Condon. You've got one of the best QBs in NFL history hitting the free agent market. You know who your suitors are going to be. You've got Miami, Kansas City, and Seattle as primary suitors. So, how do you get the most buck for the bang out these 3 teams?

How bout you go visit their division rivals? Manning's interest in Arizona and Denver defies conventional logic. Are you going to go negotiate with a team in Arizona who's already $16MM OVER the cap if you're trying to get the kind of money he's asking? How bout Denver? We know they've got the cap space to pull the trigger, but they also play in the coldest stadium in the league, at the highest altitude, and already have the infallible Tim Tebow in place that you're going to have barking down your back if you happen to falter as you did early in 2010. Doesn't make too much sense.

BUT, if you put out a statement stating that your client is going to make a decision in less than a week and create a false sense of urgency around the country among front office personnel and fanbases, THEN, go and visit those places to drive up the panic and price, your chances of landing a bigger contract because of a panic move by a rival GM is more likely. We've already seen the Manning camp come out and say the decision probably won't be Tuesday afterall.

You need to be watching the other hand. These guys COULD be showing the public one thing while negotiating in private on a completely other wavelength. If I were Manning and I'm leaning towards Kansas City as the place where I want to play football, but I also want the best contract possible, why wouldn't I go visit Denver first? Why wouldn't I leak something to a Denver reporter that said the Chiefs were out? Those kinds of things are only going to raise the anxiety level at Arrowhead. If I want a contract that guarantees $12MM, why wouldn't I say I wanted $20MM?

These negotiations usually come down to who's going to blink first and Condon COULD be playing the best game of chicken in NFL history with this negotiation. He COULD be setting the pieces in position perfectly to make KC come over the top and offer the 12 or 13 Peyton realistically wants by flirting with the enemy and putting out false reports...

... or, the Chiefs really could be out of the race. All I'm saying is don't jump off the ledge yet. Look at this thing from another angle. The thing that really bothers me about Denver and Arizona is that they really aren't that great of fits for Peyton and it truly defies logic to think those two teams are the front runners considering their stadium and cap situation respectively.
    Misinformation is POWER.
    Something stinks. No public aknowledgement from the Chiefs camp that they are officially out? I mean, Peyton declined a meeting? That was reported over the weekend? And still no comment from the organization? Something is just not adding up:)
    Last edited by KCraised; 03-12-2012 at 06:51 PM.

what's he really doing in TN ??

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]