Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 18242526272829 LastLast

Thread: Welcome aboard the Manning train

Exclamation Welcome aboard the Manning train

The Decision.....of 2012 atleast is almost upon us, to stay a colt or not stay a colt, that is the question.

and finally the manning train has indeed derailed in ****y old denver, maybe some medical majuana will help him with those nerve issues, well get ready manning hali houston dj have some things theyd like to say to you

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    No. You can't just say that Manning is breaking his word, if there is no real evidence that he made a statement.

And the press is well known for taking a made up story and repeating to the public as news.
    So, a major news publication says "league sources" told them that Manning was expected to make a decision by Tuesday, and you choose to believe that they just made it up, because Peyton didn't tell you personally? The press gets things wrong all the time, but why would they make that up?

And if they did make it up, why wouldn't Peyton come out and say, "Whoa, hold on guys! I never said that. This is a very big decision and I want to make sure I get it right, but I will do it as quickly as possible," or something similar?

I never criticized him for taking some extra time, in fact, I defended him for it in my response to Canada. And I'm sure when he originally said that, that was his intent.

But if you are not going to believe anything that is reportedly said, because you didn't personally hear them say it, then there is no convincing you.
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

this better work or im a FA
    Last edited by kcvet; 03-19-2012 at 05:21 PM.
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    So, a major news publication says "league sources" told them that Manning was expected to make a decision by Tuesday, and you choose to believe that they just made it up, because Peyton didn't tell you personally? The press gets things wrong all the time, but why would they make that up?

And if they did make it up, why wouldn't Peyton come out and say, "Whoa, hold on guys! I never said that. This is a very big decision and I want to make sure I get it right, but I will do it as quickly as possible," or something similar?

I never criticized him for taking some extra time, in fact, I defended him for it in my response to Canada. And I'm sure when he originally said that, that was his intent.

But if you are not going to believe anything that is reportedly said, because you didn't personally hear them say it, then there is no convincing you.
    I thought you were just kidding before.

But no. Some people who said that some other people said that Manning's agent said that Manning said......

Is not, in the least, reliable.

How is that fourth person information reliable?

Have you never played the game "grapevine", where you whisper something to one person, and it gets passed along through several others, and the message is entirely different from what it was at the start?

And even the reports don't imply that Manning made a promise but said ...

"A source said Manning would like to make a decision by Tuesday, the first day of free agency." - A source said Manning would like to make a decision by Tuesday, the first day of free agency.

Read more: Broncos are a mile high on Peyton Manning - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci...#ixzz1pbJU7EPc

"He’s expected to make a decision on Tuesday — the first day of free agency — or on Wednesday." - Seahawks out of the Peyton Manning sweepstakes – now what? | Seattle Seahawks & NFL News - seattlepi.com

Seattle Post Inteligencer

"It was initially believed that Peyton Manning wanted to make his free agent decision sometime before the start of the actual free agency period at 3:00 p.m. (Arrowhead Time) on Tuesday."- Peyton Manning's Free Agent Decision May Not Come Before Tuesday - Arrowhead Pride

Not only is there not a direct quote, but there is not even a report that says Manning said anything at all.

I am not the conspiracy theorist that you seem to be making me out to be.

I see several links that you brought, and not one of them even says that Manning said a word on the subject.

And.... even if any of it were taken as Mannings words, not one of them indicates any form of promise, nor guarantee to be done by any deadline.

The closest this was "Reports say that Manning WOULD LIKE TO have it done by...."

I don't demand to hear the words from Manning's mouth. That seems to just be you copping some sort of an attitude.

None of these speculations even says that they heard, that someone else heard, that Manning's agent heard Manning say....

None of them says that Manning said anything, not second-hand, not third hand, not fourth, fifth, not sixth hand.

How convincing that is, right?

Fair enough, but you still haven't given me a motive for the press making it up, or why Manning wouldn't correct the misrepresentation if it wasn't true. Surely he heard these reports and has some concern about how it makes him appear to look in the eyes of the public. Maybe he will correct the record, now that all the dust has settled. Or maybe it was correct to begin with.

It doesn't really matter now. The damage has already been done.

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

I'm happy its over and happier that the Chiefs didn't hurt themselves going after the guy. Tennessee, Denver, SanFran, and Miami all hurt themselves by not going after FA's to leave cap room for Manning. And who knows how the Alex Smith thing turns out.
    SHUT IT

Fair enough, but you still haven't given me a motive for the press making it up, or why Manning wouldn't correct the misrepresentation if it wasn't true. Surely he heard these reports and has some concern about how it makes him appear to look in the eyes of the public. Maybe he will correct the record, now that all the dust has settled. Or maybe it was correct to begin with.

It doesn't really matter now. The damage has already been done.
    Why would the press make something up? Like what? Nobody even said that Manning said anything.

The only people accusing Manning of saying anything about signing by some deadline are folks who are misreading these stories.

But, for good measure, what would motive the Denver press to falsify information about Peyton Manning's intentions? Geee. That is some mystery, isn't it?

As for Manning correcting them, seems that not doing what they said he was going to do accomplishes that, doesn't it?

And he sure seems like he has been an awfully busy guy of late. So maybe a press conference announcement might give someone the wrong impression.

I just think it is rather bold to hold the man to what the press says that unnamed sources say that they think he said.... which was not that he WOULD do anything, but that he WANTED TO do something.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    I just think it is rather bold to hold the man to what the press says that unnamed sources say that they think he said.... which was not that he WOULD do anything, but that he WANTED TO do something.

Agreed. I don't know why I'm arguing about this anyway. I defended Manning to begin with ...
    I'm sure when he said he wanted to make a decision by the first day of FA, he was being sincere. But a lot has happened since he said that and he wants to make sure he makes the best decision for himself and his family. (post #271)
    I believe the reports that said he "was planning on" or "wanted to" make a quick decision. But whether they are true or not, I think he had every right to take his time and make sure he was making the right decision.

It's over know, anyway, thank goodness, and as far as I'm concerned so is this argument!

Agreed. I don't know why I'm arguing about this anyway. I defended Manning to begin with ...

I believe the reports that said he "was planning on" or "wanted to" make a quick decision. But whether they are true or not, I think he had every right to take his time and make sure he was making the right decision.

It's over know, anyway, thank goodness, and as far as I'm concerned so is this argument!

Lol. Same here. I just love to argue with Canada, and you got in my way.

I think Peyton Manning is a pretty good guy. But I really don't have a dog in this fight.

Just thought it odd that he would be a bad guy, just because he is being careful with a major life decision.

Manning gives new motivation to the Kansas City Chiefs defense this offseason.