Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bowe tagged.... thoughts?

Default Bowe tagged.... thoughts?

We tagged Dwayne Bowe, looks like Carr will walk. What does everyone think?

Quote Originally Posted by okikcfan View Post
    Because Bowe is tagged does not mean he will remain a Chief.....
    Correct. If any other team offers Bowe more than what the top 5 earn at his position, Bowe is gone. I don't see us matching another offer - and this is what I think management is hoping for. Just a guess.
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    Correct. If any other team offers Bowe more than what the top 5 earn at his position, Bowe is gone. I don't see us matching another offer - and this is what I think management is hoping for. Just a guess.
    I could be wrong but I think you are a little confused as to the tag cost... (which before the new CBA was the top five salaries at a position averaged) ... and what we get if a team pursues a player under the franchise tag.

Any team is allowed to offer a contract to Bowe. At this point the Chiefs can match it and keep him... or let him walk and receive two first round drafts picks. So essentially for us to lose Bowe it would take a long term contract and two first round picks to acquire him....

I dont see him goin anywhere...

Quote Originally Posted by DMN View Post
    I could be wrong but I think you are a little confused as to the tag cost... (which before the new CBA was the top five salaries at a position averaged) ... and what we get if a team pursues a player under the franchise tag.

Any team is allowed to offer a contract to Bowe. At this point the Chiefs can match it and keep him... or let him walk and receive two first round drafts picks. So essentially for us to lose Bowe it would take a long term contract and two first round picks to acquire him....

I've been confused most of my entire adult life. Thanks for correcting me.
    SHUT IT

He is good..but not that good.

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    I've been confused most of my entire adult life. Thanks for correcting me.
    Haha... Join the club Brother.

Quote Originally Posted by OPLookn View Post
    The other thing is that we've got til the 13th to sign Carr. Don't think that'll happen but one never knows. We'll get something for Carr leaving. Probably a 3rd rounder? I think that's what the Raiders got for Asomugha leaving. I'm not sure if we get that pick this year or next year though.

Any way you cut it we've got a lot of free agents coming up that are going to need some big contracts here pretty soon.

Bowe, Carr (doubt he's staying but hey), Dorsey, Albert and then I'll pander to the Manning talk by adding him in. That leaves 5 guys that'll will get around 10 million a year at least with a 37 million cap. Yes we have more space this year but not next. I know that Dorsey is eating up a good chunk of our cap so maybe that'll end up saving us money.

I'm hoping we make some moves in free agency because like Canada said, it's a very long time to the draft!
    Why would we get anything for Carr if he leaves?? Hes a FA
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Why would we get anything for Carr if he leaves?? Hes a FA
    The league would issue a compensatory pick for losing his services. I think it is designed to keep the league competition as level as possible and so that a team doesn't suffer too big of a talent dive.

When Julius Peppers left the panthers for the bears I think the panthers got a 3rd round pick for it.

The league would issue a compensatory pick for losing his services. I think it is designed to keep the league competition as level as possible and so that a team doesn't suffer too big of a talent dive.

When Julius Peppers left the panthers for the bears I think the panthers got a 3rd round pick for it.
    Cool. I didnt know that. I thought he just walked for nothing.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Only if we do not sign someone of better value?

2012 NFL Draft Compensatory Picks: 49ers Likely To Receive None - Niners Nation

exactly

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast