Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: give BOWE the damn ball!!!

Default give BOWE the damn ball!!!

Watching the first half of this game I was in disbelief that bowe didn't 1 reception and not 1 ball thrown his way... All he does is make plays and we're not going to give him a chance???? What is Solari doing and thinking??? Solari needs to go, his play calling is questionable and doesn't make any sense.. How about the fact that every game we get called for a stupid illegal shift. One of those negated a touchdown 2 weeks ago, whatever happened to ligning up on the line and hiking the ball.. Now we have to send two guys over to the left and then send someone in motion??? I dunno but seems a little too much. How about the first draw I've seen all year today.. Priests' and Larry's bread and butter when saunders was there.. Plain and simple this guy has to go.....

Quote Originally Posted by garciakcfan View Post
    Watching the first half of this game I was in disbelief that bowe didn't 1 reception and not 1 ball thrown his way... All he does is make plays and we're not going to give him a chance???? What is Solari doing and thinking??? Solari needs to go, his play calling is questionable and doesn't make any sense.. How about the fact that every game we get called for a stupid illegal shift. One of those negated a touchdown 2 weeks ago, whatever happened to ligning up on the line and hiking the ball.. Now we have to send two guys over to the left and then send someone in motion??? I dunno but seems a little too much. How about the first draw I've seen all year today.. Priests' and Larry's bread and butter when saunders was there.. Plain and simple this guy has to go.....
    Well, first you say quit all the motion, then you suggest that we do what the offense had been doing for years. Well, all of the motion has been as big a part of the Chiefs offense as anything else. They just need to be executed properly.

Not trying to rip on you here, just pointing out the contradiction. If we just line-up and snap the ball, then our offense will be even more predictable and the opposing defense won't "show" as much.

Gonzo did have an excellent game but why aren't we spreading the ball around?? Wheres bobby sippio?? Eddie Kennison was back today, only saw one ball thrown his way. I really dont think herm is the problem but he should put his foot down on some of the offensive plays they are dreadful!! I dont like this solari guy at all he needs to go!!!!
    If we are going to bring in Croyle, then I say sit Kennison and let Sippio get some reps. Kennison is certainly ot the future of this franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    If we are going to bring in Croyle, then I say sit Kennison and let Sippio get some reps. Kennison is certainly ot the future of this franchise.
    Croyle let's everyone get a chance at the ball. He is better at reading coverage I think, and he hasn't had near the amount of time in the NFL.

Love you Damon, but your time has come and gone.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Illinois... No longer .. Finally back home Blue Springs MO

Gonzo did have an excellent game but why aren't we spreading the ball around?? Wheres bobby sippio?? Eddie Kennison was back today, only saw one ball thrown his way. I really dont think herm is the problem but he should put his foot down on some of the offensive plays they are dreadful!! I dont like this solari guy at all he needs to go!!!!
    He reinjured the hammy, said he might be out for a while longer. Personally don't like to see him hurt but I have never liked Kennison, he is at best a third string receiver but on this team he was #1. Well now I feel he should be maybe 3 or even lower. D-Bowe 1st (if not first and second) Sippio 2nd then I would say go get someone new for #3 and lower. Maybe Webb but he hasn't shown me anything. And I will ask again, what is with this mancrush with Samie Parker and Kris Wilson. Both of them need to be bagging groceries, instead they get 90% of the balls thrown their way. If Herm is sandbagging for a draft pick you would think he would make it look a little more like they were trying to win.

Quote Originally Posted by bryonc View Post
    He reinjured the hammy, said he might be out for a while longer. Personally don't like to see him hurt but I have never liked Kennison, he is at best a third string receiver but on this team he was #1. Well now I feel he should be maybe 3 or even lower. D-Bowe 1st (if not first and second) Sippio 2nd then I would say go get someone new for #3 and lower. Maybe Webb but he hasn't shown me anything. And I will ask again, what is with this mancrush with Samie Parker and Kris Wilson. Both of them need to be bagging groceries, instead they get 90% of the balls thrown their way. If Herm is sandbagging for a draft pick you would think he would make it look a little more like they were trying to win.
    Bizzarely it appears that Sammie put up some of his best numbers ever today in our loss. I don't remember seeing him dropping a ball, but I was so p!issed at the time I can't remember.

Broyle will be throwing to Dbowe, TG, and LJ as soon as he gets in there and there will be a new Greatest Show on Turf in the state of Missouri!
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    Bizzarely it appears that Sammie put up some of his best numbers ever today in our loss. I don't remember seeing him dropping a ball, but I was so p!issed at the time I can't remember.

Broyle will be throwing to Dbowe, TG, and LJ as soon as he gets in there and there will be a new Greatest Show on Turf in the state of Missouri!
    I hope you are right HH!
    <a href=http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5893/dthomassp2.jpg target=_blank>http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5893/dthomassp2.jpg</a>

Official thread killer I have heard.

Quote Originally Posted by bryonc View Post
    It is my opinion that Kennison has been under-rated. I have been hearing ( and, admittedly, using) The concept that he should be a number three reciever, for years. While he isn't Chad Johnson, nor Steve Smith, he a whole lot better than any has ever given him credit for. He runs great routes, he catches the easy balls and he catches the difficult ones too. He puts alot of effort into his blocking and is an overall hard worker.

On alot of teams he may be a number three reciever. Indy, Cincy, 'Zona and perhaps a couple more. But I would rank him over guys like Keenan McCardell, Terry Glenn, Amani Toomer and a whole bunch of others.

Let me add to that, that he is old now, and certainly not as good as he has been. But, usually when he is attacked, it is a "for years" kind of attack. Therefore, I am defending what he has been for us, more than what he is for us.

There are alot of teams that would have been starting him as their number one reciever. And he likely would have had much better numbers, without Tony Gonzales getting so much attention.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    It is my opinion that Kennison has been under-rated. I have been hearing ( and, admittedly, using) The concept that he should be a number three reciever, for years. While he isn't Chad Johnson, nor Steve Smith, he a whole lot better than any has ever given him credit for. He runs great routes, he catches the easy balls and he catches the difficult ones too. He puts alot of effort into his blocking and is an overall hard worker.

On alot of teams he may be a number three reciever. Indy, Cincy, 'Zona and perhaps a couple more. But I would rank him over guys like Keenan McCardell, Terry Glenn, Amani Toomer and a whole bunch of others.

Let me add to that, that he is old now, and certainly not as good as he has been. But, usually when he is attacked, it is a "for years" kind of attack. Therefore, I am defending what he has been for us, more than what he is for us.

There are alot of teams that would have been starting him as their number one reciever. And he likely would have had much better numbers, without Tony Gonzales getting so much attention.
    Agreed, Kennison has done everything that we have asked him to do for us.
    <a href=http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5893/dthomassp2.jpg target=_blank>http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5893/dthomassp2.jpg</a>

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Well, first you say quit all the motion, then you suggest that we do what the offense had been doing for years. Well, all of the motion has been as big a part of the Chiefs offense as anything else. They just need to be executed properly.

Not trying to rip on you here, just pointing out the contradiction. If we just line-up and snap the ball, then our offense will be even more predictable and the opposing defense won't "show" as much.
    Well, first of all its formation shifts not motions that i have a problem with.. Did you watch Indy play?? Those guys line up and snap the ball none of this formation shift crap, I havent seen damon make one audible all year yet!!!!! And how would it be more predictable??? Spreading the ball around doesnt mean pass all day it means keep the defense off balance by letting more than D Bowe, who I love as a receiver, and Tony touch the ball. I dunno, when they won those two games parker was involved as well as webb.. If they're good enough to make an NFL team they should be good enough to catch the ball???? And I agree with LJ football is a game of checkers not chess, It's a matter of imposing your will and not letting the other team control what you do.

Well, first of all its formation shifts not motions that i have a problem with.. Did you watch Indy play?? Those guys line up and snap the ball none of this formation shift crap, I havent seen damon make one audible all year yet!!!!! And how would it be more predictable??? Spreading the ball around doesnt mean pass all day it means keep the defense off balance by letting more than D Bowe, who I love as a receiver, and Tony touch the ball. I dunno, when they won those two games parker was involved as well as webb.. If they're good enough to make an NFL team they should be good enough to catch the ball???? And I agree with LJ football is a game of checkers not chess, It's a matter of imposing your will and not letting the other team control what you do.
    Which he is letting happen!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast