Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: give BOWE the damn ball!!!

Default give BOWE the damn ball!!!

Watching the first half of this game I was in disbelief that bowe didn't 1 reception and not 1 ball thrown his way... All he does is make plays and we're not going to give him a chance???? What is Solari doing and thinking??? Solari needs to go, his play calling is questionable and doesn't make any sense.. How about the fact that every game we get called for a stupid illegal shift. One of those negated a touchdown 2 weeks ago, whatever happened to ligning up on the line and hiking the ball.. Now we have to send two guys over to the left and then send someone in motion??? I dunno but seems a little too much. How about the first draw I've seen all year today.. Priests' and Larry's bread and butter when saunders was there.. Plain and simple this guy has to go.....

Quote Originally Posted by garciakcfan View Post
    Well, first of all its formation shifts not motions that i have a problem with.. Did you watch Indy play?? Those guys line up and snap the ball none of this formation shift crap, I havent seen damon make one audible all year yet!!!!! And how would it be more predictable??? Spreading the ball around doesnt mean pass all day it means keep the defense off balance by letting more than D Bowe, who I love as a receiver, and Tony touch the ball. I dunno, when they won those two games parker was involved as well as webb.. If they're good enough to make an NFL team they should be good enough to catch the ball???? And I agree with LJ football is a game of checkers not chess, It's a matter of imposing your will and not letting the other team control what you do.
    The Chiefs don't have Peyton Manning, and that team makes more changes at the line of scrimmage than any team that I have ever seen. Maybe we can get Manning in a trade, then he can do all the things that you think Huard should be doing. I'm not sure if Damon is allowed to audible, or not. I would have to doubt it.

LJ doesn't know much about football. He is a runningback. He just runs where he is supposed to. Well, maybe he's right. JFL football is closer to checkers, than chess, but professional football is more complicated than chess. Chess takes one person, playing against another. Professional football reqires a team of 53 players, a dozen, or so, coaches and an entire organization. Looking for tendancies and advantages is more complicated than anything LJ has ever wrapped his mind around. And none of it is guaranteed. Larry Johnson isn't an NFL coordinator and doesn't know how the job is done.

The fact remains that all of the shifts and motions were a staple of the Chiefs offense, when it was one of the most proficient in the league, and has countless advantages, if the coordinator and quarterback know what they are looking for. ( Not saying that I think our current QB and OC do know what they are using it for.)

I just find it funny that you can complain about not doing one thing that the Chiefs did well, under Vermiel, then complain that they have continued to something, that they did well, under Vermiel.

Quote Originally Posted by garciakcfan View Post
    Watching the first half of this game I was in disbelief that bowe didn't 1 reception and not 1 ball thrown his way... All he does is make plays and we're not going to give him a chance???? What is Solari doing and thinking??? Solari needs to go, his play calling is questionable and doesn't make any sense.. How about the fact that every game we get called for a stupid illegal shift. One of those negated a touchdown 2 weeks ago, whatever happened to ligning up on the line and hiking the ball.. Now we have to send two guys over to the left and then send someone in motion??? I dunno but seems a little too much. How about the first draw I've seen all year today.. Priests' and Larry's bread and butter when saunders was there.. Plain and simple this guy has to go.....
    Agreed; we need a real offensive coordinator, not an offensive line coach posing as one.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    The Chiefs don't have Peyton Manning, and that team makes more changes at the line of scrimmage than any team that I have ever seen. Maybe we can get Manning in a trade, then he can do all the things that you think Huard should be doing. I'm not sure if Damon is allowed to audible, or not. I would have to doubt it.

LJ doesn't know much about football. He is a runningback. He just runs where he is supposed to. Well, maybe he's right. JFL football is closer to checkers, than chess, but professional football is more complicated than chess. Chess takes one person, playing against another. Professional football reqires a team of 53 players, a dozen, or so, coaches and an entire organization. Looking for tendancies and advantages is more complicated than anything LJ has ever wrapped his mind around. And none of it is guaranteed. Larry Johnson isn't an NFL coordinator and doesn't know how the job is done.

The fact remains that all of the shifts and motions were a staple of the Chiefs offense, when it was one of the most proficient in the league, and has countless advantages, if the coordinator and quarterback know what they are looking for. ( Not saying that I think our current QB and OC do know what they are using it for.)

I just find it funny that you can complain about not doing one thing that the Chiefs did well, under Vermiel, then complain that they have continued to something, that they did well, under Vermiel.
    Points taken but as for the Vermeil thing I haven't mentioned him once!!!!! So why do you keep saying im contradicting myself??? Are you understanding what im writing or are you living up to your nickname "God of B.S." and just trying to start an arguement?? My original post I stated that Bowe needed more touches he was non-existant in the first half and I was dumbfounded as to why. I've watched everygame this year and have questioned some of the play calling that Solari has called. You know what the problem is, it shouldnt be a game of chess if you think it is. It's easy one team wants to score and the other team tries to stop them and vice versa its not a hard thing but the way the NFl has changed over the years they've made it complicated. Thats what was so great about high school football and pop-warner, football in its smiplist form, and like I said "opposing your will" and to say LJ isn't a coach, sure, I agree with that but that man has seen enough football to understand it, his father is a coach remember?? I just think with the talent and how young our players are we should keep it simple and I've seen them make mistakes when they start shifting. So why do it?? Geez..... And if you listened to the comments and understood the analogy maybe you would understand what he was talking about??? BTW Herm is the coach now not vermeil and its not even close to being the same team FYI I dont wanna see any of Vermeils type of play involved with our team

Go Priest!!!
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

Quote Originally Posted by m0ef0e View Post
    Go Priest!!!

Post whore!

Your skills are much improved!

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    Post whore!

Your skills are much improved!
    I try to reserve the post-whoring for when I'm really motivated to get a point across.

GO PRIEST!!!
    SAUN-DERS!!!
    MAR-TY!!! (or)
    COW-HER!!!
    Some-body, PLEASE save the Chiefs!!!

Illinois... No longer .. Finally back home Blue Springs MO

I try to reserve the post-whoring for when I'm really motivated to get a point across.

GO PRIEST!!!
    SAUN-DERS!!!
    MAR-TY!!! (or)
    COW-HER!!!
    Some-body, PLEASE save the Chiefs!!!
    You lost all credibility with me when you mentioned Marty. I am sorry but I can no longer take into consideration anything you say. And dude I want Priest back in also but what is all this buzz when before everyone was saying it was a trick just to get Johnson back on the field.

Quote Originally Posted by bryonc View Post
    You lost all credibility with me when you mentioned Marty. I am sorry but I can no longer take into consideration anything you say. And dude I want Priest back in also but what is all this buzz when before everyone was saying it was a trick just to get Johnson back on the field.
    I have supported Priest the whole time, search my posts before you start doubting my faith. I wear a Priest jersey every home game. Screw LJ and his damn contract! I've wanted to see Priest on the field ever since he got hurt. I've tried to support LJ but he sux.

Illinois... No longer .. Finally back home Blue Springs MO

I have supported Priest the whole time, search my posts before you start doubting my faith. I wear a Priest jersey every home game. Screw LJ and his damn contract! I've wanted to see Priest on the field ever since he got hurt. I've tried to support LJ but he sux.
    On the Priest thing I wasnt callin ya out cause I had no knowledge. That was more of a general thing, most everyone was talking bout how Priest was a CP ploy to get LJ to sign. I am not even sure bout the talk about that on this board as I wasn't even a member of this board at the time. What I do feel is you have no clue on who LJ is. I get so tired of hearing we need to get rid of LJ.

Without LJ all the attention would be on TG and now Bowe. Even the Jags said they came into this game with a single focus to stop LJ. If he was as bad as a lot of you say then why is the whole league focused on him. Trade him see if TG or Bowe catches another ball. Hard to catch with 3 people on you.

Also even if Priest comes back this year teams wont have to prepare for him coming to town till at least next year. But man I hope he proves me wrong.

Now the Marty thing.... that is unforgivable. In fact I wont even argue with you on that because there is no counter argument Martyball is Dead and needs to stay that way.

Quote Originally Posted by bryonc View Post
    On the Priest thing I wasnt callin ya out cause I had no knowledge. That was more of a general thing, most everyone was talking bout how Priest was a CP ploy to get LJ to sign. I am not even sure bout the talk about that on this board as I wasn't even a member of this board at the time. What I do feel is you have no clue on who LJ is. I get so tired of hearing we need to get rid of LJ.

Without LJ all the attention would be on TG and now Bowe. Even the Jags said they came into this game with a single focus to stop LJ. If he was as bad as a lot of you say then why is the whole league focused on him. Trade him see if TG or Bowe catches another ball. Hard to catch with 3 people on you.

Also even if Priest comes back this year teams wont have to prepare for him coming to town till at least next year. But man I hope he proves me wrong.

Now the Marty thing.... that is unforgivable. In fact I wont even argue with you on that because there is no counter argument Martyball is Dead and needs to stay that way.
    Right on. I can accept that. I was more crackin on Norv Turner with that line. (That's why I put in the Bill Cowher clause.)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast