Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: How about the same old thread....START CROYLE!

betwwen lost and nowhere,southcentral ks.

Default How about the same old thread....START CROYLE!

yea ,yea i know its a repeating theme but how many do we have to lose before it happens. maybe this next game. if we are going to get beat the the kid learn. ine thing for sure, it cant get any worse.
    i can remember what a chief super bowl team looks like! ......

It is time to play the kid, We can not win with the people we have playing now anyway,and if he can make it with the line he has now Damn he should be GREAT with a little help.

It doesn't look like we will see Broyle this week, because Huard's MRI came back negative and he is just sore.

He will practice throwing the ball tomorrow and Herm will see how he does.

I personally still think the hit he took was not that hard, and he was using it as a cop out to get out of the game.

Either that or the guy just can't play through pain.

Either way Huard is old, and busted and just barely able to manage the game.

Not destroying the game with interceptions is his best ability.

I want a QB that is dominant and controls the game, not just manages not to lose it.

Don't know if Broyle is that guy or not but we won't know until we get to evaluate his play against some opponents in a real NFL situation.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by bryonc View Post
    And then next year well Croyle doesnt have any experience so we better start Huard, then when the unfortunate our season is going good Huard is hurt then we have to start Croyle regardless. This is what Favre is doing in Green Bay good or bad he is the starter and the star they drafted is rotting on the bench. All of this and Huard is absolutely not Favre.
    This is classic: GB is 4-1 and leads their division. The "star" is not rotting, just as Cryole is not rotting. Their coaches put the guy on the field to give them the best chance to win today.

If Croyle were out there "not-rotting", he would have at least a few more stupid interceptions we will have to live thru as part of his maturation process.

Someone else said Huard holds the ball too long. Guess what? Croyle doesn't have that problem. His problem is in pre-season, he threw an interception every other drive because he wasn't holding the ball.

I stand by what I said all off-season: Let Huard start, give him half a season. If we're in the play-off hunt at mid-season, let Croyle wait another year. If we're out of it, bring him in. If we're out of the play-off hunt before mid-season, by all means, bring him in sooner.

And to everyone that says Croyle is the QB of the future, I would suggest to modify that to "may be the QB of the future".

Only time will tell if Croyle's bad decisions on the field will eventually go away.

As it is, we're a half game out of first. We're undefeated in the division. The defense is still top 10 caliber (an offense that keeps them off of the field will help those numbers even more). And we still have 6 home games left.

GO CHIEFS!
    You can only have one favorite team. There are no "second favorites".
    -- Chris, resident of Arrowhead East (St. Louis)

Quote Originally Posted by stlchief View Post
    This is classic: GB is 4-1 and leads their division. The "star" is not rotting, just as Cryole is not rotting. Their coaches put the guy on the field to give them the best chance to win today.

If Croyle were out there "not-rotting", he would have at least a few more stupid interceptions we will have to live thru as part of his maturation process.

Someone else said Huard holds the ball too long. Guess what? Croyle doesn't have that problem. His problem is in pre-season, he threw an interception every other drive because he wasn't holding the ball.

I stand by what I said all off-season: Let Huard start, give him half a season. If we're in the play-off hunt at mid-season, let Croyle wait another year. If we're out of it, bring him in. If we're out of the play-off hunt before mid-season, by all means, bring him in sooner.

And to everyone that says Croyle is the QB of the future, I would suggest to modify that to "may be the QB of the future".

Only time will tell if Croyle's bad decisions on the field will eventually go away.

As it is, we're a half game out of first. We're undefeated in the division. The defense is still top 10 caliber (an offense that keeps them off of the field will help those numbers even more). And we still have 6 home games left.

GO CHIEFS!
    i agree with this 100%. although i want BRODY NOW...i know that what you said is the smartest way of handling it. Put brody in if we are out of the playoff hunt....or if huard starts throwing interceptions or is extremely unproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    It doesn't look like we will see Broyle this week, because Huard's MRI came back negative and he is just sore.

He will practice throwing the ball tomorrow and Herm will see how he does.

I personally still think the hit he took was not that hard, and he was using it as a cop out to get out of the game.

Either that or the guy just can't play through pain.

Either way Huard is old, and busted and just barely able to manage the game.

Not destroying the game with interceptions is his best ability.

I want a QB that is dominant and controls the game, not just manages not to lose it.

Don't know if Broyle is that guy or not but we won't know until we get to evaluate his play against some opponents in a real NFL situation.
    On the other hand, Brodie has been known to be injury prone himself; not disagreeing with you, just throwing out another point of view.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    On the other hand, Brodie has been known to be injury prone himself; not disagreeing with you, just throwing out another point of view.
    yes, if you look at his high school, college career...you could say that. but things sort of start over eventually. he is young, so he heals faster. it is all new. the past doesnt always tell the future. He could go 5 years without being injured, who knows. i dont think brodys "proneness to being injured" is an issue right now. I think we are making it an issue out of nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    At the beginning of the season (before we even started) I was ready for Broyle.

I stated that I think Huard got hosed last year after performing well and then being pulled.

I just wasn't ready to pin my hopes on him.

After hearing from all of you on this site I changed my mind and decided to go with him.

Now that we are under .500 and still in second place, I am ready to go with Broyle and take my chances.

Interceptions, proclivity for injury, youth, poor decision making, were all excellent reasons to go with Huard.

If we are going ahead with the youth movement on the rest of the team, then lets go ahead and do it with Broyle.

If he stinks we will know by next year and be able to get a new on through FA or the draft.

I feel that it is so necessary to find out what we have with this guy.

He looks like he could be a superstar, or he could be a total Blackledge.

Either way it is about time to take some risks, because what we are doing is not going so great.

It is absolutely unfathomable to me that we are only half a game out of first right now in this division.

Let's roll the dice and take our chances. It doesn't look like our O line is getting any better, and without being able to get anybody else through a trade, it looks like we are gonna need someone who can get out of the pocket and make a play just happen.

I think the best chance for this lies at Broyles feet.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by timsatt1 View Post
    yes, if you look at his high school, college career...you could say that. but things sort of start over eventually. he is young, so he heals faster. it is all new. the past doesnt always tell the future. He could go 5 years without being injured, who knows. i dont think brodys "proneness to being injured" is an issue right now. I think we are making it an issue out of nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    At the beginning of the season (before we even started) I was ready for Broyle.

I stated that I think Huard got hosed last year after performing well and then being pulled.

I just wasn't ready to pin my hopes on him.

After hearing from all of you on this site I changed my mind and decided to go with him.

Now that we are under .500 and still in second place, I am ready to go with Broyle and take my chances.

Interceptions, proclivity for injury, youth, poor decision making, were all excellent reasons to go with Huard.

If we are going ahead with the youth movement on the rest of the team, then lets go ahead and do it with Broyle.

If he stinks we will know by next year and be able to get a new on through FA or the draft.

I feel that it is so necessary to find out what we have with this guy.

He looks like he could be a superstar, or he could be a total Blackledge.

Either way it is about time to take some risks, because what we are doing is not going so great.

It is absolutely unfathomable to me that we are only half a game out of first right now in this division.

Let's roll the dice and take our chances. It doesn't look like our O line is getting any better, and without being able to get anybody else through a trade, it looks like we are gonna need someone who can get out of the pocket and make a play just happen.

I think the best chance for this lies at Broyles feet.
    All good points; not sure it's gonna matter who we start at QB though; for reasons that have been stated and restated repeatedly.

Quote Originally Posted by m0ebr0 View Post
    Lets start who gives us hte best chance to win. In this case I think Huard gives us hte best chace. Next year will be time for Coryle.
    Priest at QB, LJ at HB...run the option offense?! j/k
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

Quote Originally Posted by rbedgood View Post
    Priest at QB, LJ at HB...run the option offense?! j/k
    I can hear Mitch Holtus now...

"Option right... pitch to Chris Wilson, he is stopped beyond the line!"

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast