Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hey Tyson Jackson Haters

Default Hey Tyson Jackson Haters

In his third year, he's starting to turn some heads.

From the article:

When the Kansas City Chiefs selected Tyson Jackson with the third overall pick of the 2009 draft, they didn’t exactly get an immediate return on their investment. In fact, as a rookie, Jackson had one of the worst years you’re likely to see from any defensive player. He didn’t make defensive stops, got no pressure, and you get the sense he would have been benched early in the season but for his draft stock. Year 2 saw him miss time injured before bouncing back with a slightly below average year, but nothing to suggest he’d then turn into one of the premier run-defending 3-4 ends in the league as he did in 2011.

A testament to coaching and patience, Jackson led all 3-4 ends by registering a defensive stop on 10.6% of all running plays he was in for–no mean feat since only the Cardinals’ defensive ends played more snaps in this regard than him. The Chiefs don’t get much pass rush from their 5-techniques, but with Glenn Dorsey in sixth place on this list, you get an idea of what both men bring to the table. Maybe you want more from Top 5 picks, but they’re getting something from them.

2011 Run Stop Percentage: 3-4 Defensive Ends | ProFootballFocus.com

Tall order for sure. I'd sure miss MMO though, if it does happen you gotta ride someones a$$ or it wont be the same.

two thoughts..

First, about Drafting Tyson #3 overall...

1st. Pioli wanted a safe pick, high character, soild football player that could handle the money involved with a high pick. He even stated the DAY AFTER HE DRAFTED JACKSON, that he felt Jackson may never have the big stats that most look for, BUT he is the type of player that will be the foundation of us making the switch to a 3-4 Defense and allow other players around him to excel (a la Tamba Hali, and DJ)

2nd- Pioli aslo said he was attempting to trade back, but this was before the rookie wage scale was in place and top 5 picks were harder to get rid of because of the large contracts that handcuffed organizations. Pioli's plan was to trade back to around 8-13 (which is where Jackson was projected to go) the trade offers never materialized, so they went with the safe pick in Jackson, as they would have if they were to trade back

3rd- who else would you have rather had @ #3? Mark Sanchez? really? I wanted Arron Curry and I'm glad we didn't go that route...Andre Smith?? don't here much talk about him being a top LOT today do we?? Raji was the most impactful player in the 1st round, and he hasn't picked until 9, which is close to where we wanted to trade back to...the 09' draft produced little as a whole, and I think we are lucky have one of the few players from that draft that has made a difference to thier team.

On to another topic... haha

Did anyone notice that Jackson (359) and Dorsey (367) also played the 3rd and 4th most run snaps than any other 3-4 DE's this year (behind only the Cardinals DE's)

and also ranked 1st (TJ: 38 stops, 45 tackles) and 2nd (Dorsey:32 stops, 39 tackles) in TOTAL stops and solo tackles for all 3-4 DE's in the NFL?

Not too bad for a couple of DE's that are "Crappy"

Quote Originally Posted by pojote View Post
    Even being that good, I think he will become a cap casualty next off-season. Can his contract be changed?
    I honestly wasn't aware his contraact was so ridiculous in these last two years. If they don't restructure, I'm pretty sure he would be cut before the 2013 season...$15M of a cap hit.

Quote Originally Posted by Jrudi View Post
    3rd- who else would you have rather had @ #3? Mark Sanchez? really? I wanted Arron Curry and I'm glad we didn't go that route...Andre Smith?? don't here much talk about him being a top LOT today do we?? Raji was the most impactful player in the 1st round, and he hasn't picked until 9, which is close to where we wanted to trade back to...the 09' draft produced little as a whole, and I think we are lucky have one of the few players from that draft that has made a difference to thier team.
    I too remember being big time on the Curry bandwagon. That dude was getting a ton of hype at the time. THANKFULLY, Pioli and company saw past that. Curry is in his second home now (with the Faiders).

Raji had a very good sophomore season, but regressed A LOT last season. Now that all is said and done, Jackson is finally becoming (and will continue to be) a productive asset.

Quote Originally Posted by My Man Orton View Post
    He also looked past all pro's and franchise players brian orakpo and bj raji, but if he gets manning im willing to forgive him for that dismal 09 draft
    Hey everyone, want to see the definition of ignorant? You're looking at it.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Great, so we picked someone third overall who can't rush the passer and then can only contribute to half of whatever rushing plays the offense runs (Seeing that he is on only one side of the field). The fuss with jackson is with the third pick you should be getting a franchise type pass rusher or other position, even with the "Top 3/4 run stopping DE" we still ranked i believe 15th in rushing YPC, that isnt good. Would you have taken Tyson Jackson with the first overall pick? Because we werent that far off, I know i sure wouldnt
    What DE is on both sides of the field?
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    What DE is on both sides of the field?

A really FAST one!!!!!

Not a fact, just my quess.

Ok, I guess pioli wasnt being ignorant when he traded our second pick for matt cassel or our third round draft pick alex magee who we cut? Or our 4th pick donald washington? The whole 09 draft was screwed up
    Matt cassel and mike vrabel who did what he was supposed t9 whilehe was here.

And what part of the 2009 draft was not great is so hard for u to get. Orakpo is a 4-3 guy and raji had a bad year and i mean bad. Seriously my 2 yr old understands logic.

Ok, I guess pioli wasnt being ignorant when he traded our second pick for matt cassel or our third round draft pick alex magee who we cut? Or our 4th pick donald washington? The whole 09 draft was screwed up
    Wait...you mean Pioli and his staff did not hit EVERY nail on the head when they were brought into a situation late in the offseason? you mean they had a team that desperately needed an answer for Huard and Croyle and he was stupid for getting a kid from NE that had won 10 games? He is an idiot because we could not stop the run and he took a run stopping DE instead of a 4-3 DE to rush the passer? Sure some of the late round guys did not make the team...that happens everywhere, ever year. Do the math...theres only 53 guys on the team and they draft 9 or 10 every offseason, guys are not going to make the roster. Honestly, its like you will complain about every move. Im just glad u are not our GM or we would be picking in the top 5 every season...but at least you would get it right. Its a shame...you are so smart, yet you dont have a job in the NFL...wierd. They must be out to get you.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Raji is a beast, I agree.

Can't stand Cassel to be honest. I just don't see him as a guy who can take us where we want to be. Bummed RG3 is out of the question, but that price was a bit steep.

Yeah Cassel has been great, that is why he has our organization salivating for manning.

Yeah Raji absolutely horrible thats why he went to the pro bowl this year, you saw it with your own eyes when we played them here and he absolutely dominated the offensive line stopping us in the goal line.

Orakpo is a 4/3 so was Tamba Hali but he has converted nicely. Seriously, my 3 year old son could understand this logic.
    Orakpo playing on the over powering redskins who are no where near contending and then the packers who finished dead last in team defense and oh yeah how many sacks did the packers have against us, which is a stat u continue to elude too, absolutely zero not even a knockdown. so if by dominating u mean by allowung is 100 yards on the ground and 300 in the air.....did u even watch that gamr raji didnt do ****e. ur right though ur comment does sound like the logic of a three yr old.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast