Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hey Tyson Jackson Haters

Default Hey Tyson Jackson Haters

In his third year, he's starting to turn some heads.

From the article:

When the Kansas City Chiefs selected Tyson Jackson with the third overall pick of the 2009 draft, they didn’t exactly get an immediate return on their investment. In fact, as a rookie, Jackson had one of the worst years you’re likely to see from any defensive player. He didn’t make defensive stops, got no pressure, and you get the sense he would have been benched early in the season but for his draft stock. Year 2 saw him miss time injured before bouncing back with a slightly below average year, but nothing to suggest he’d then turn into one of the premier run-defending 3-4 ends in the league as he did in 2011.

A testament to coaching and patience, Jackson led all 3-4 ends by registering a defensive stop on 10.6% of all running plays he was in for–no mean feat since only the Cardinals’ defensive ends played more snaps in this regard than him. The Chiefs don’t get much pass rush from their 5-techniques, but with Glenn Dorsey in sixth place on this list, you get an idea of what both men bring to the table. Maybe you want more from Top 5 picks, but they’re getting something from them.

2011 Run Stop Percentage: 3-4 Defensive Ends | ProFootballFocus.com

Quote Originally Posted by My Man Orton View Post
    Raji stuffed us in the goaline many times when we played GB.

The point is wiht the 3rd pick you must get a franchise type player, another pass rusher and nose tackle for us would of been perfect. Tyson jackson is not a franchise type player, he is a role player and drafting third you must look to get an impact type franchise guy. Raji and orakpo are both franchise nosetackle and pass rusher
    Raji isn't a "franchise NT". He got into the probowl because the voters went by reputation. He was one of the worst NTs of 2011 according to PFF.

Pro Bowl: The Undeserving | ProFootballFocus.com

I know you'll ignore it since it's obvious you won't abandon your stubbornness.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post
    Raji isn't a "franchise NT". He got into the probowl because the voters went by reputation. He was one of the worst NTs of 2011 according to PFF.

Pro Bowl: The Undeserving | ProFootballFocus.com

I know you'll ignore it since it's obvious you won't abandon your stubbornness.
    Wait a minute! Are you telling me that the Pro-Bowl is nothing more than a popularity contest? Now I have lost faith in everything.

On the other hand, that would explain Brandon Meriweather's presence the year before last ...
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    Wait a minute! Are you telling me that the Pro-Bowl is nothing more than a popularity contest? Now I have lost faith in everything.

On the other hand, that would explain Brandon Meriweather's presence the year before last ...
    The hardest Pro Bowl to make is your first one...After that, the fans that vote know your name.

See Flowers, Brandon.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    The hardest Pro Bowl to make is your first one...After that, the fans that vote know your name.

See Flowers, Brandon.

Yep. And if you were a highly touted draft pick you have a good head start. See Raji, B. J.
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Pardon my lateness to the party. I have never thought of Jackson as a bust. I also think Richardson in a 4-3 would be a big success instead of looking over-powered so often. While the defense looked really good the last 1/3 of the season last year, I still am wondering why it took 2 1/2 seasons for Crennel to figure out how to implement the 3-4 D here. Further, I am left to wonder why guys like Richardson have been left to twist in the wind and we have let offenses walk all over us so often. I like what Crennel did during the 4 game win streak and the last few games of the season, but doesn't anyone else wonder why it took so long and was so hit and miss? And I think Richardson has more left in the tank, but he is a square peg in our 3-4 circle hole and that's a shame. I really like the big guy.

Quote Originally Posted by azchiefsfan View Post
    Pardon my lateness to the party. I have never thought of Jackson as a bust. I also think Richardson in a 4-3 would be a big success instead of looking over-powered so often. While the defense looked really good the last 1/3 of the season last year, I still am wondering why it took 2 1/2 seasons for Crennel to figure out how to implement the 3-4 D here. Further, I am left to wonder why guys like Richardson have been left to twist in the wind and we have let offenses walk all over us so often. I like what Crennel did during the 4 game win streak and the last few games of the season, but doesn't anyone else wonder why it took so long and was so hit and miss? And I think Richardson has more left in the tank, but he is a square peg in our 3-4 circle hole and that's a shame. I really like the big guy.
    Crennel wasn't our DC in 09.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

What Richardson are you talking about?
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

I think one of the biggest problems the defense has was the offense. They never let them rest.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    I think one of the biggest problems the defense has was the offense. They never let them rest.
    +1. Too many three and outs.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    What DE is on both sides of the field?
    An "impact player" is on both sides of the field.

That's why MyManOrton can pay the outrageous contracts for every top position name that's been mentioned on ESPN. That way we only need 11 guys and we can pay each of them 10 million a year since they're playing both sides of the field.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast