Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Bring in Croyle

Thumbs up Bring in Croyle

Hey guys, first time poster, life long fan!

I hope they finally start Croyle and bench Huard. Hurad has no mobilty what so ever. The pocket collapses and he gets sacked because he can't run. I think if they would have started Croyle in the third we could have won the game. The kid can throw! Plus he has the ability to scramble and keep a defense honest. With Huard the defense knows he won't scramble and they just close the pocket on him.

As for Johnson and his poor running. Some of the blame lies on the line, but at the same time he's trying to be too fancy and juke and jive, instead of powering up the field. It would help if Grisby was active. After seeing him on defense and HBO Training Camp, the guy can hit. It will be interesting to see what happens when Priest is active soon.

Dwayne Bowe. What else is there to say? The guy's the future of the WR.

And why did the Chiefs sign Kyle Turley again? The guy sucked and was always hurt and it's starting to go that way again. I guess when you're cheap and desperate?

Anyways thats my rants after this horrible week. Thanks for having me!

Good post!

Dissing Huard around here can get you yelled at (personal experience), but I have to agree. We need to get Brody in there and either he saves us or kills us, either way we will know whether we need to hit the Free Agents up for a starter.

Brody has a rocket for an arm, and once he gets the offense down, he will make a huge difference (if Herm allows him to pass).
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by greg3564 View Post
    It would help if Grisby was active. After seeing him on defense and HBO Training Camp, the guy can hit. It will be interesting to see what happens when Priest is active soon.
    Grigsby is active, but Herm Edwards has never been big on using a fullback.

And why did the Chiefs sign Kyle Turley again? The guy sucked and was always hurt and it's starting to go that way again. I guess when you're cheap and desperate?
    Turley has been quite improved this season, as far as pass-blocking goes. He is still not doing well as a run-blocker though.

Today, Terry was starting at RT and wasn't doing much better as a run-blocker and was worse in pass-protection.

The reason that we are depending on those guys is because Herm does not draft offensive linemen. If you aren't going to draft them, then you will be stuck with whatever hits the free-agent market. In this case, nothing.

Huard is good for what he is, a back up. He did great last year, but has struggled so far this season. Bottom line, we're 2-3 now. Time to bring the kid in and see what he can do. But sticking with 30 somethings is not working, otherwise they should have stuck with Green. With some real game experience I think Croyle will do more this season than Huard.

The AFC West is horrendous this year. I can't believe how bad teams are playing! No one is consistent, which in turn means the conference is up for grabs.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Grigsby is active, but Herm Edwards has never been big on using a fullback.

Which is a dumb move. If Johnson had a good power fullback, he might be able to get past the line of scrimmage. Priest was so successful in part because of Tony Richardson(another bad move by Peterson).

Huard is good for what he is, a back up. He did great last year, but has struggled so far this season. Bottom line, we're 2-3 now. Time to bring the kid in and see what he can do. But sticking with 30 somethings is not working, otherwise they should have stuck with Green. With some real game experience I think Croyle will do more this season than Huard.

The AFC West is horrendous this year. I can't believe how bad teams are playing! No one is consistent, which in turn means the conference is up for grabs.
    I have been a staunch Huard supporter this season, because I would have lost my mind if we had done the smae with him, as we did with Rich Gannon, previously.

Now that Huard has had his opportunity, (I wanted four games, but after a good game in San Diego, I wanted to see one more game) I am ready to move on. Also, the fact that we are done with the Bears and one of the Chargers games, I think Croyle will have a better chance to excell. I was highly against letting Croyle become a handicap, that early in the season and his career.

I want to point out that Huard has not been bad. But we need more than that.

Ditto on all but did u see huard today, didnt he look scared and anxious, he couldnt look off any receiver and pass to the second or third, it was like he had made up his mind before the snap. damn u solari, u started out ok, but wassup with the predictable O. screens without blocks? passes in crowds because of no check offs. Use the backup tackles it wouldnt have been any different

I don't think that Brody is gonna solve all of our problems, but it will be a start!

There is much that needs to be done with this team, including getting the Run D on track.

Huard has done well as a backup, but that is just what he is. Sorry if I want to move on and have a team with an identity.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

I don't know if we will have a choice but to bring in Brody. I am looking forward to seeing what he can do... I have heard even before today that he has montananess about him. Lets see it.

Yeah the offense play calling is weak! There's no creativity at all. Hopefully when they start Croyle, (we all know that's going to happen) they switch it up a little. I think with a mobile QB it will take some pressure off the line. It will be nice to see a young QB who can actually run without the assistance of knee braces.

I still can't get over LJ's performance. It's not all the O lines fault. He has not been running well. Everytime I see him run, he just doesn't have the same intensity like before. It's like he's lost that chip on his shoulder. Maybe a little activated Priest Holmes will get him going.

Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast