Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Free Agents?

Default Free Agents?

I see a lot of these high profile people being released (Manning, Dallas Clark, Wayne, Brandon Jacobs, Nicks among others [sidenote also shopping Freeney]) and my thought is what is the realistic possibility of acquiring any of those guys and it being a legitimate addition?

With our cap who would be smart to go after? You think Manning and Wayne come as a combo? Do we make an aggressive bid for Nicks? Would a headache (usually) like Jacobs be worth a 3 year risk (it like Jones was)?

What do you guys think realistically could be possibilities? Eager for the chiefs to start making moves.

Pioli need sto do whatever it takes to bring in Eric Winston to play RT. That would be a huge signing, and fill the Chiefs' biggest hole.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    Pioli need sto do whatever it takes to bring in Eric Winston to play RT. That would be a huge signing, and fill the Chiefs' biggesti hole.
    I must have been typing as u were posting....answers my question.

Good to see us talking about something other than Manning.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    Good to see us talking about something other than Manning.
    Manning? pshaw, he's old news

Quote Originally Posted by AkChief49 View Post
    I like it a lot. If not Tolbert, then BGE will work for me. Or perhaps Jacobs.
    Don't forget Bush is available as well. We'll be needing a big back.

Quote Originally Posted by OPLookn View Post
    RT Eric Winston just got cut from the Houston Texans. He started every game at RT for all 5 years. Do you kick the tires and pull the trigger on this guy? If he works we can go after and get Nicks or Grubbs we've got our line shored up. Pick up a Soliai and we've just taken care of three of our top needed spots!

Oh am I fired up for free agency!

Edit: I stand corrected, 87 of 92 games started.

Matt Leinart, Eric Winston of Houston Texans say they've been released - ESPN
    Actually, he started in 87 of the 92 games he played in, but did not play in another four games.

So he started in 87 of his teams 96 games. But every game that he did not start was in his rookie season.

He has started in every game for The Texans in the last five seasons.

I remember him from the OT class of 2006. I would be real happy to add him this offseason, as I would have been then.

Pioli needs to make some improvements at the obvious positions that he has ignored since showing up in KC or I will officially be one of his detractors.

Something BIG needs to happen at NT and our Oline... QB wouldn't hurt either.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    Pioli needs to make some improvements at the obvious positions that he has ignored since showing up in KC or I will officially be one of his detractors.

Something BIG needs to happen at NT and our Oline... QB wouldn't hurt either.
    Who is available at NT other than Soliai and Bunkley? Bunkley is a Donk and Soliai has been visiting, or has a visit scheduled with the Donks.

Free agency, trades, and the draft are all places Pioli can address the position. It's all about making the positions of priority A PRIORITY! You can't tell me that during the 4 offseasons that Pioli has been in charge and implementing the 3-4 defense that there hasn't been at least ONE NT which he could've brought in.

There's absolutely NO EXCUSE.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    Free agency, trades, and the draft are all places Pioli can address the position. It's all about making the positions of priority A PRIORITY! You can't tell me that during the 4 offseasons that Pioli has been in charge and implementing the 3-4 defense that there hasn't been at least ONE NT which he could've brought in.

There's absolutely NO EXCUSE.
    I agree with you. Just asking who is available in the FA that would be an upgrade.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast