Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Free Agents?

Default Free Agents?

I see a lot of these high profile people being released (Manning, Dallas Clark, Wayne, Brandon Jacobs, Nicks among others [sidenote also shopping Freeney]) and my thought is what is the realistic possibility of acquiring any of those guys and it being a legitimate addition?

With our cap who would be smart to go after? You think Manning and Wayne come as a combo? Do we make an aggressive bid for Nicks? Would a headache (usually) like Jacobs be worth a 3 year risk (it like Jones was)?

What do you guys think realistically could be possibilities? Eager for the chiefs to start making moves.

I'm pulling for you guys to get my guy. Bring in Wayne and Clark too. If Weigmann retires you might as well see if Saturday wants to hook up with his former teammates too.

There's no reason you guys fail to dominate the league next year.

Quote Originally Posted by The Peytonator View Post
    I'm pulling for you guys to get my guy. Bring in Wayne and Clark too. If Weigmann retires you might as well see if Saturday wants to hook up with his former teammates too.

There's no reason you guys fail to dominate the league next year.
    Exactly. Thankyou

I think you'll see the Chiefs grab Jacobs or Tolbert. I'm happy with either.

It's really tough to tell what could happen at this point. If they get Manning, all bets are off as to who they could sign and who would WANT to come here to play with this team. If they don't sign Manning, I think you'll see a cautious approach to free agency like you've seen over the last few years.

YUP! I think that a great deal of free agents are holding their breath waiting to see where Manning goes. Free agency is to a large extent "on hold" until Manning makes a decision.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    I think you'll see the Chiefs grab Jacobs or Tolbert. I'm happy with either.

It's really tough to tell what could happen at this point. If they get Manning, all bets are off as to who they could sign and who would WANT to come here to play with this team. If they don't sign Manning, I think you'll see a cautious approach to free agency like you've seen over the last few years.
    I definitely se us getting either one of those guys or benjarvus green Ellis.

And yes, if you sign him (Peyton) they (free agents) will come.

Steve Hutchinson was also just released. Maybe we get him if we can't get Nicks?

Wouldn't mind Dallas Clark...don't know what kind of money it would take, but we've been talking about needing another recieving TE besides Moeaki and he can block as well. If manning hasn't signed by next week and we grab him, might be some bait to lure him in. That would also add to our already scary skill positions

I've been high on Ladarius Green in the Draft, and am a firm believer in building throught the draft but I think a few FA additions this offseason could go along way.

I also wouldn't mind Curtis Lofton to pair with DJ who is more than likely on his way out the door in Atlanta because they just signed Lofa Tatupu.

As for RB....I don't want Jacobs (to much of a me-first atitude) Would love Tolbert, Bush, or Green-Ellis to pair with Charles. But also like the idea of adding a young RB in the draft like Vick Ballard, Chris Polk, Lamar Miller, or Brandon Bolden

Yea itd be great to sign Dallas Clark. Good player and as you said, will help lure in Manning

Quote Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan View Post
    Steve Hutchinson was also just released. Maybe we get him if we can't get Nicks?
    The only thing with that is that he has been injured quite a bit the past few years. Hopefully hes stable.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast